• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

Can't believe Statsny is now traded back to the Jets after they cleared space to re-sign him and he bailed for Vegas lol poor Stats but I'm surprised Jets wanted him back after that fiasco

Yzerman signs Pietrangelo and Krug just wait

Krug - Pietrangelo
DK - Hronek
Staal - Nemeth

24 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Disagree. It's already been determined that in three years we'll have our top pair D (Wallinder/Seider) our #2C (Neiderbach) and the greatest 4th line center of all time (Rasmussen). How often do guys like Krug come along? Grab him now. He'll help immediately and he can still run a PP in 3 years when, apparently, this team will be awesome. 

More hyperbole I see...

How often do guys like Krug come along? Is this a serious question? Every. Single. Year. There are always top end forwards / defensemen / goalies available in free agency. You just have to (over)pay to get them. Krug would be no different. 

For me, the timing isn't right. If we were a couple years further in our rebuild, or if Krug were a few years younger, sure. But since that isn't the case, no thanks. Continue to build through the draft, and in a couple years when we're getting close, that'll be the time to go big in free agency.

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You said it right here. The 2nd best UFA is available. We are the crappiest team, we will need to overpay in term and AAV. We need to get that D-man in the organization however possible. Seider will be here next season for sure, Hronek has already been here. If Wallinder is that good and he gets here within 2 years, that will still be 5-6 years of playing with Krug.  I understand if he goes elsewhere, I understand if Yzerman does not sign him, but nowhere in our system do we have a player as talented as Krug at this point. Krug WILL be our #1 defender this season and beyond. He will be invaluable with his experience and mentoring of the kids. I would call him and offer the 8x8. That is a lot of term and money, but IMO, you pay for what's best for your team. You could get a college degree at a community college pretty cheap, but the better experience and quality way to go is to pay more and go to Harvard. With $33M available, 8x8 is not going to impact our cap now or later. 

Krug is the only sneak signing I could see happening given the hometown connections, but it’s a hell of a stretch all things considered. I have extremely mixed feelings. I don’t think he’s going to look as good playing with the current Wings, but he would instantly improve our defense a good measure at the very least. I don’t think it happens though. 

5 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

Can't believe Statsny is now traded back to the Jets after they cleared space to re-sign him and he bailed for Vegas lol poor Stats but I'm surprised Jets wanted him back after that fiasco

Krug - Pietrangelo
DK - Hronek
Staal - Nemeth

I think Vegas won that trade, both in players involved PLUS gaining cap space.

6 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

Krug - Pietrangelo
DK - Hronek
Staal - Nemeth

“I really wouldn’t read into anything I do."

-Steve Yzerman

34 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

Okay, lets say DK is top 4. Cool. Then our top pairing of DK - Hronek is set... not the best top pairing in the league, but it'll do. After that it's a s*** show. Our bottom 4 is gonna get lit up.

Nemeth - Staal
Cholowski - Biega

is straight trash. And with the loans we only have Hicketts/McIlrath/Lashoff to call up. Also trash. God forbid we have injuries to Hronek or DK... or lordy our glorious bottom pair of Nemeth and Staal that will be playing in the top4.

Again, I've already said we should add a top four defenseman. Just not Krug. And not Pietrangelo.

35 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

I think we need a minimum of another 2 Dmen signed.

For me, I think we need one quality top four defenseman, two max, definitely not three.

36 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

Cholowski's been given all of that... played more PP minutes than Mike Green when he was up. No short handed time. It wasn't good.

And looked good in that role at times. He's still a young kid, and has shown flashes. I still think he has a future as a 4/5 defenseman. If not, we should find out this coming season. 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Cant believe the jets took on stastny for just a fourth and likely paving the way for pietrangelo f*** 

as for detroit ... not expecting much , andy greene and turris

Before the trade Vegas was $3M OVER the cap, so dumping Stasny only gets them $3.5M under the cap, they have a trade or two more before they can afford Pietrangelo.

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Before the trade Vegas was $3M OVER the cap, so dumping Stasny only gets them $3.5M under the cap, they have a trade or two more before they can afford Pietrangelo.

Na allows them to make an offer , tsn just mentioned it

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be good with this... and Fleury and Eriksson...

Unfortunately thanks to the jets i dont know if we can land that first for fleury , i still wanna flip him , dont think hed come here

if canucks lose markstrom or get larsson i cant see us getting eriksson ... 1st +  likely would go to arizona

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Unfortunately thanks to the jets i dont know if we can land that first for fleury , i still wanna flip him , dont think hed come here

if canucks lose markstrom or get larsson i cant see us getting eriksson ... 1st +  likely would go to arizona

It's not 1st or bust for me. I'd take a package of 2nd, plus on both of these players. I think they'll be traded, I'd rather us get the deal done than any other team. We need the extra assets.

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Na allows them to make an offer , tsn just mentioned it

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure, but it's gonna cost them more than $3.5M to sign him, so even if he signs there for $8M or $9M, they are still going to have to trade some cap away. Not necessarily today, but before the deadline to be under the cap.

4 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Friedman reporting Detroit likely to make offer for Krug. Seems more like speculation though, but it was the first team mentioned and only one given considerable time.

More Markstrom rumors as well. Calgary rumored to be offering 6x6. Please no Stephen.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I just don't see the need to tank again. If we want our players to gain experience moving forward (and morale) they need to be competitive and make the playoffs, even if they lose in the 1st round. If these players keep playing "tank" season's, they aren't going to learn anything, they are going to get any better and their morale will be crap. Signing someone like Krug makes the team better now and later.  Their aren't many players on this team that we've drafted that have had playoff experience. Larkin went once. We need to get these "core" kids players that make them more competitive and make the playoffs. I am done with tanking "for player x" and I am sure players like Larkin, Mantha and Bertuzzi are a bit tired of the losing as well. Make this team better before these players become UFA's and leave.

With the percentages to win #1 and seeing others bounce down to top 5 picks. No reason not to be trying to be somewhat competitive. Maybe showing an uptick entices a UFA or 2 

27 minutes ago, DonHakan said:

I'm not listening to that lisp for a whole season. Pass.

F that. I respect this guy's journey. Takes strength. 

Having spent a great deal of time listening to you guys over the years I understand the powerful urge to drink in excess.