• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Yzerman is smart. No point in rushing the rebuild. 

Plus you have a lot of teams in cap hell going out and signing guys, and unless we can get Krug, there's no point chasing guys. Might as well just wait for teams to offer us their 1st round picks to eat their cap hits (looks at william nylander)

Sure. Maybe you can be Bernier's backup this season. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

32 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Happily. Pay me league minimum. I'll do it.  I dont care how much s*** you talk about me, I'll be making bank

I will do it also and even come back to here and talk after the games....one on one with the guy who just got lit up  for 6 in the first!

I'm pretty happy with both of these signings. I love that they are 1 year, meaning that we may be able to flip both for assets come the trade deadline.

Ryan gives us some pop in our middle 6, and Merrill is a an upgrade over E/Daley/Bowey/Biega etc.

Nothing on Krug yet, very curious how this plays out!

6 minutes ago, ChadBergevin said:

Hard to relax when we just got one of the best defensive Dmen in the entire league for under 1 million and a legit top6 power forward for a cool 1 million! Yzerman is rocking this thing

I hear ya... and then there's this...

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

It's been a good day!

Welcome back Crisco!

Trade bait thus far 

bernier

nemeth merrill biega staal 

ryan filppula glendening helm gagner

hopefully a few 2nds in there , wish we would have traded for murray from cbj only for the fact that i think nj will turn that 5th they paid into a 2nd or 3rd

hopefully we land someone who can give us a decent return and take on a bad contract or two... still hoping for that fleury move , wings/vegas already made a few moves so fingers crossed

5 minutes ago, ChadBergevin said:

Full disclosure, and maybe im biased here, but my ex of a few years ago was real good friends with Riley Barbers gf. So ive met the guy. Good guy. Great offensive player. Believe i advocated for signing him last year. I believe he could be a player that should get a longer look in the NHL. Probably is a career AHLer like a Chris Terry... but good signing regardless. 

What a f***ing day! Great low risk signings. No big money, long-term contracts. Bring on another cap dump trade now.

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Holy overpayment Batman

1 hour ago, ChadBergevin said:

Full disclosure, and maybe im biased here, but my ex of a few years ago was real good friends with Riley Barbers gf. So ive met the guy. Good guy. Great offensive player. Believe i advocated for signing him last year.

How is this possible? Your account says you just joined.