• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Hopefully he can put up similar numbers as a "backup" to Bernier this season.

I think they'll be 1a/1b to be honest. It'll be a pretty even split to see if Greiss can do the same in his second season and then Yzerman can assess the situation and see if he wants to extend Bernier, promote a prospect, or try and bring in a marquee guy.

Greiss and Bernier have both shown over their careers that they can handle more games and play, relatively, well.

Edited by SwedeLundin77
forgot something

3 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I think they'll be 1a/1b to be honest. It'll be a pretty even split to see if Greiss can do the same in his second season and then Yzerman can assess the situation and see if he wants to extend Bernier, promote a prospect, or try and bring in a marquee guy.

Greiss and Bernier have both shown over their careers that they can handle more games and play, relatively, well.

Absolutely. That's why I said "backup". Assuming both can stay healthy, I think it will be a pretty even split. Maybe roll the hot hand for a few games here and there, but for the most part, back and forth between the two.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Absolutely. That's why I said "backup". Assuming both can stay healthy, I think it will be a pretty even split. Maybe roll the hot hand for a few games here and there, but for the most part, back and forth between the two.

I'm just happy not to have to deal with Jimmy "starts hot, gets injured, plays like garbage" Howard. He had some good seasons, but he was never going to be the goalie we needed, even if we were a contender at any point. For clarity, I'm not saying Bernier or Greiss are necessarily leagues better, but we all knew what Howard was going to offer in the last few seasons (after 16/17).

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Surprise, surprise!

I mean, if the Oilers sign him to a league minimum 1 year deal, not the worst decision in the world. I loved Jimmy, but it was time for us to part ways with him.

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

I mean, if the Oilers sign him to a league minimum 1 year deal, not the worst decision in the world. I loved Jimmy, but it was time for us to part ways with him.

Definitely not the worst, but I can't help but think about where we would be, how last trade deadline would have gone, how this offseason would be going, had Holland stuck around... 

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Definitely not the worst, but I can't help but think about where we would be, how last trade deadline would have gone, how this offseason would be going, had Holland stuck around... 

I was actually happy with Holland for the most part post Smith trade. With that said, he was too tied to some of his players. I worry that had he stuck around guys like E, Howard etc. all get 1 year ext.

Holland is in a perfect scenario for his skill set, building a contender.

Looks like he just got Tyson Barrie at a discount, Oilers fans seem to be pumped right now on the HOF boards.

Edited by kliq

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

I was actually happy with Holland for the most part post Smith trade. With that said, he was too tied to some of his players. I worry that had he stuck around guys like E, Howard etc. all get 1 year ext.

Holland is in a perfect scenario for his skill set, building a contender.

This is what I was referring to.