• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Best offseason in a long time...no more pity contracts

The f***ed up thing is, I guarantee there are fans out there, some that frequent this site, that have been no shows for a few days, are legitimately pissed off by these moves... "Yzerman isn't doing enough". "These players suck". "This team is still going to suck"... blah, blah, blah... The same people that were pissed off at the draft, because Yzerman didn't take the players they wanted him to take, accusing of him making "safe" picks, when in reality he swung for the fences on a lot of his picks.

Great draft!

Great free agency!

Great job Yzerman!

As much as I wanted to see a big splash, I have to say Yzerman is a much better GM than Holland! now just get me some picks and prospects to eat up our cap for this year and it'll be done!

Eriksson and Sutter for 2021 1st and Podkolzin!

I'll even help Toronto out some and take Hyman and a 2021 2nd.

Come on GM's, Detroit wants to help you get Pietro! Gimme all them picks!

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The f***ed up thing is, I guarantee there are fans out there, some that frequent this site, that have been no shows for a few days, are legitimately pissed off by these moves... "Yzerman isn't doing enough". "These players suck". "This team is still going to suck"... blah, blah, blah... The same people that were pissed off at the draft, because Yzerman didn't take the players they wanted him to take, accusing of him making "safe" picks, when in reality he swung for the fences on a lot of his picks.

Great draft!

Great free agency!

Great job Yzerman!

Actaully none of those players suck. They are ALL upgrades to what we had:

Ryan >>> Abby

Griess > >>Howard

Stecher >>> Ericsson

Merrill > >> Daley

Staal got us a 3rd round pick for nothing basically, so that alone make him better than Bowey!

I really hope we see a couple of big, UFA to be contracts come this way for some picks/prospects too!

In just 2 off season's Steve Yzerman made this team better than Holland had in 5 years. I am not saying we're playoff bound, but most likely, with Griess alone, we won't be as bad as we were the last two season's. Gimme 13th place in the lottery then jump to a top 3!

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Staal got us a 2nd round pick for nothing basically...

FIFY

But yeah, great moves so far by Yzerman, and with all of Ryan, Gagner, Helm, Glendening, Filppula, Nemeth, Staal, Merrill, Bernier on expiring contracts, Yzerman is going to have a ton of trade bait for next year's trade deadline.

I still hope we take on at least one more bad contract as well. We should still have approximately $8M+ (not including Zetterberg's LTIR), after we sign Mantha and Bertuzzi. 

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I still hope we take on at least one more bad contract as well. We should still have approximately $8M+ (not including Zetterberg's LTIR), after we sign Mantha and Bertuzzi. 

We have Mantha, Bertuzzi and Timashov left to sign with $20,738,611 in cap space and four roster spots open. Now all Stevie has to do is wait.

Edited by Akakabuto

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

We have Mantha, Bertuzzi and Timashov left to sign with $20,738,611 in cap space and one roster spot open. Now all Stevie has to do is wait.

26 with zetterbergs contract 

Id take on a bad contract or two and id possibly target galchenyuk/duclair x1 and give us someone whos capable of fetching a really good turn if they get 20-25 goals

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

We have Mantha, Bertuzzi and Timashov left to sign with $20,738,611 in cap space and four roster spots open. Now all Stevie has to do is wait.

Yeah, I'm thinking those three should come in at $12M max. Which is where I got the $8M from.

Four roster spots open? I assume you're not including the three above? Once they sign, we're down to one spot open, and I would think Rasmussed would come back from Austria to fill that. There's also Svechnikov that is no longer waiver exempt. He needs a spot. Including all of these guys, we have 15 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies. I'm still hopeful that Yzerman has a plan to get rid of one or both of Nielsen / Filppula...

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Some notable players left

haula soderblom granlund eakin athanasiou thornton

Hoffman dadonov toffoli namestnikov fast bracco

hall galchenyuk duclair janmark vesey sheary grabner martin

pietrangelo greene vatanen ceci hamonic

I don't think we should be signing any more UFA's. The only way we should be adding to the current roster, is if we can take on another bad contract to gain asset(s). As it is, we have one too many forwards...

50 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking those three should come in at $12M max. Which is where I got the $8M from.

Four roster spots open? I assume you're not including the three above? Once they sign, we're down to one spot open, and I would think Rasmussed would come back from Austria to fill that. There's also Svechnikov that is no longer waiver exempt. He needs a spot. Including all of these guys, we have 15 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies. I'm still hopeful that Yzerman has a plan to get rid of one or both of Nielsen / Filppula...

I don't think we should be signing any more UFA's. The only way we should be adding to the current roster, is if we can take on another bad contract to gain asset(s). As it is, we have one too many forwards...

I agree with that but id be down with duclair or someone x1 that can bring a significantly better return at the deadline than what we currently have to offer

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I agree with that but id be down with duclair or someone x1 that can bring a significantly better return at the deadline than what we currently have to offer

Sure. As long as we can somehow offload a couple players before the start of the season...

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I just want Yzerman to nab a decent upgrade at center. I'm just not sure how I feel about moving Fabbri to center this year. 

Soderberg
Galchenyuk
Namestnikov
Haula
Granlund
Thornton (just kidding)

Edited by SwedeLundin77

7 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I just want Yzerman to nab a decent upgrade at center. I'm just not sure how I feel about moving Fabbri to center this year. 

Soderberg
Galchenyuk
Namestnikov
Haula
Granlund
Thornton (just kidding)

I wouldn't mind Namestnikov on a short-term contract. Yzerman did draft him, but also traded him away... Maybe uncle Slava could talk him into signing a team-friendly contract...

7 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Anyone see this?

Ya, he said they "pulled" his offer after he didn't take it, then never offered him another contract.  Reminds me of Fedorov in 2003, when he left. They offered him a contract in December 2002, he said he wanted to wait until after the season, then all of a sudden the same contract offer wasn't there, it was less. A bit different than Krug, but "pulled" the offer none-the-less...

39 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure. As long as we can somehow offload a couple players before the start of the season...

Im sure some like erne,timashov and sadly svechnikov might just get waived when its all said and done cause if duclair calls yzerman and says i want 2 mill to prove myself he wont say no and if we get tyler johnson for a 1st,2nd foote for example he wont say no either

i just dont think he’d hesitate to just cut guys, id trade helm now if i could though and send nielsen down . I think a cheap ass owner would take nielsen at 50% off but i think next year at 1,5 actual salary with 5 mill hit would be the year to do it 

42 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Soderberg
Galchenyuk
Namestnikov
Haula
Granlund
Thornton (just kidding)

Granlund i think is looking for more term ,galchenyuk is a winger ... all depends what happens on the trade front as well and who can throw us assets ... were in a great positions to get 1sts , but teams are being little ******* thus far

s*** will also happen due to expansion draft and just off the top of my head id preds protect 3 dmen that likely leaves fabbro open and thats someone id trade away a 2nd for ... really young and can grow with the team ... guys like that will be made available 

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Soderberg
Galchenyuk
Namestnikov
Haula
Granlund
Thornton (just kidding)

I've been a fan of Haula since he entered the league.  Living in Wild territory, I watch just about every Wild game (and cheer for them if there's no conflict of interest with the Wings).
Haula is great at faceoffs and on the PK.  He's the kind of guy that will go to where the puck is to fight for it defensively- always in the corners or along the boards when the puck is there.  When you listen to a game, you hear the phrase, "Play was broken up by Haula" a lot.  Plus he has a scoring touch.  Not big enough to make him a household name, but a good secondary scorer.  He really showed that well when he was with Vegas. 

The guy is just all over the ice doing what he does.  He wasn't protected when Vegas got their pick of the other teams because the Wild just had too many other assets to protect. 

When I watch him, I think of Kris Draper.  I would love to see him with the Wings.  This last season his offense wasn't much to look at and he got traded at the deadline.  Due to the shortened season, he only played a few games with FLA. 

I think that he could be had a bit cheaper since his numbers took a dip last season.  He can play top or bottom 6 and PK, and with his faceoff ability and scoring he is an asset on the PP as well.

This message not supported by any agent or player.  The author assumes all responsibility for its content.  Discontinue use if rash occurs.