• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

A lot of trade bait for next year's trade deadline. This team is going to look dramatically different in the next couple seasons...

More kicks at the can but none will garner much a return which is why i wanted one more decent forward ... right now our best hope is ryan can get 20-25 goals and fetch us a 2nd+ and maybe nemeth? Since d’s are always more valued 

believe most returns will be 4-6th rounds 

38 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

More kicks at the can but none will garner much a return which is why i wanted one more decent forward ... right now our best hope is ryan can get 20-25 goals and fetch us a 2nd+ and maybe nemeth? Since d’s are always more valued 

believe most returns will be 4-6th rounds 

Which is fine. Take the picks, and look forward to the massive roster turnover over the next couple years. We should still have around the same, 12ish picks going into next year's draft, with at least five in the first two rounds, and hopefully another top five pick.

Man, I am pretty happy we got Griess. Heard nothing but good things about him, he was easily on my top list a few Months back. 

Also, I have a BUNCH of VAN fans as friends and they are realllly pissed they didn't resign Stecher. They loved to s*** on our drafting/hughes stuff. Nice to have a small one up on them for once.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Which is fine. Take the picks, and look forward to the massive roster turnover over the next couple years. We should still have around the same, 12ish picks going into next year's draft, with at least five in the first two rounds, and hopefully another top five pick.

Were at 9 already, we should have way more than 12 unless yzerman moves some to 2022/2023 ... id still be trying to land a forward who can fetch a good return 

What im worried about is the 2021-2022 season ,although it will be fun to watch as a fan its gonna be what i been saying we shouldnt do for yrs .... Always thought it was better to insert a couple new rookies yearly instead of a bunch at a time and thats what it looks like will happen in 2021-2022 (smith,rasmussen,veleno,raymond,seider,pearson,cholowski,lindstrom all in the mix)

Maybe its all part of yzerman’s plan so we tumble and have a shot at wright 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

5 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Saw Jurco got a signed by Vegas... didn't realize he was still kicking around.

I thought Jurco was going to so much better than what he turned out to be. He's the first real player the Wings drafted that I way over hyped in my mind.

40 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Were at 9 already, we should have way more than 12 unless yzerman moves some to 2022/2023 ... id still be trying to land a forward who can fetch a good return 

I wouldn't expect "way more than 12", and if that is the case, he should definitely be packaging a few of those picks to move up. We definitely need quality over quantity at this point.

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What im worried about is the 2021-2022 season ,although it will be fun to watch as a fan its gonna be what i been saying we shouldnt do for yrs .... Always thought it was better to insert a couple new rookies yearly instead of a bunch at a time and thats what it looks like will happen in 2021-2022 (smith,rasmussen,veleno,raymond,seider,pearson,cholowski,lindstrom all in the mix)

Maybe its all part of yzerman’s plan so we tumble and have a shot at wright 

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Some have already had a look, and others will get a look at some point this season. The players that are going to be true rookies, will be young, but high end prospects. Most will be sheltered and / or playing lower in the lineup anyway.

I think in order for us to have a shot at Shane Wright, we will have to win the lottery and jump half a dozen or so teams. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't expect "way more than 12", and if that is the case, he should definitely be packaging a few of those picks to move up. We definitely need quality over quantity at this point.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Some have already had a look, and others will get a look at some point this season. The players that are going to be true rookies, will be young, but high end prospects. Most will be sheltered and / or playing lower in the lineup anyway.

I think in order for us to have a shot at Shane Wright, we will have to win the lottery and jump half a dozen or so teams. 

Just doing the math , were at 9 picks and we have like 10ufa’s , even if were able to only deal 6 thats 6 picks ... so unless he stockpiles some for later yrs we should have more than 12 ... dont know how much we higher we can go with a bunch of 4ths/5ths in the mix

We’ll see what happens man but usually when there’s a bunch of young kids all at the same time it doesnt usually go so good so i definetly think wed be in the mix to be in tne bottom 5 and considerng how the last vew drafts have gone if we finished 3-4-5 it wouldnt be the worst thing

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just doing the math , were at 9 picks and we have like 10ufa’s , even if were able to only deal 6 thats 6 picks ... so unless he stockpiles some for later yrs we should have more than 12 ... dont know how much we higher we can go with a bunch of 4ths/5ths in the mix

We have a lot of pending UFA's, but not all will garner much interest. I'd say there's about seven or eight (if we're lucky) that teams might inquire about. Of the seven or eight, probably only three or four actually get moved. I highly doubt six players get moved before next year's trade deadline. Some may be traded with a prospect coming back. Maybe some are traded with a 2022 pick coming back. Just saying that's it's extremely rare to go into a draft with "way more than 12 picks"...

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We’ll see what happens man but usually when there’s a bunch of young kids all at the same time it doesnt usually go so good so i definetly think wed be in the mix to be in tne bottom 5 and considerng how the last vew drafts have gone if we finished 3-4-5 it wouldnt be the worst thing

I see what you are saying, but it all about probability. If we have 2 picks in the 4th/5th round, chances are that we go 0 for 2. If we have 6 picks in the 4th/5th round, while we still very well go 0-6, the chances of us going 1 for 6 are significantly better then us going 1 for 2 in scenario one.

Its like we are in a raffle and we just got ourselves some more tickets, buy no stretch a sure thing, but our odds went up and sometimes to land your Point/Kucherov or Datsyuk/Zetterberg you need as many tickets as you can get.

Possible, but Chicago is in their conference and with 4 players(starting goalie, Strome,...) to sign and $8m cap space I see problems ahead with a $7m cap hit, if Vegas retains some of the money their might be a way

but that would mean only a 2nd rounder for chicago

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We have a lot of pending UFA's, but not all will garner much interest. I'd say there's about seven or eight (if we're lucky) that teams might inquire about. Of the seven or eight, probably only three or four actually get moved. I highly doubt six players get moved before next year's trade deadline. Some may be traded with a prospect coming back. Maybe some are traded with a 2022 pick coming back. Just saying that's it's extremely rare to go into a draft with "way more than 12 picks"...

Or for sure not every guy will be moved imo and some guys will be moved for 2020 picks but yzerman himself said more picks the better so i dont think if he could get 15 picks hed prevent it from happening

2 hours ago, ely s said:

Possible, but Chicago is in their conference and with 4 players(starting goalie, Strome,...) to sign and $8m cap space I see problems ahead with a $7m cap hit, if Vegas retains some of the money their might be a way

but that would mean only a 2nd rounder for chicago

They have two goalies on the roster right now and if MAF was to replace one of them it would only be a 6 million addition to the cap and if Seabrook goes on LTIR(not unlikely) they have it sorted out.

Bobby Ryan is older than Stevie Y.   

Greiss will be our starter.  He a top 5 goalie 2 years ago.  Hopefully he still has some gas in the tank.

Actually all the FA signings improve the team somewhat but not enough to become even an average NHL team.

We will not be anywhere as bad as last year but that is not saying much.

Let the tanking continue!

12 minutes ago, DrJ said:

Bobby Ryan is older than Stevie Y.   

After kicking the bottle, Bobby is likely in the best shape, physically and mentally, he's been in, in years, maybe his entire career. He's been working his ass off through the entire shutdown, hired a skating coach for the first time in his career, and has cut down 10-15lbs. He still has a great shot, and will be that much needed right-handed shot on the power-play.

Hot take: Bobby Ryan scores 25 next season.

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Why do I get the feeling that Chicago are gonna be the ones taking MAF off Vegas hands?

Doubtful, Stan Bowman is pretty much on record wanting to go with youth, That's why he let Crawford walk. Pretty sure he'd have resigned Crawford before dealing for Marc Andre-Fleury.

2 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Doubtful, Stan Bowman is pretty much on record wanting to go with youth, That's why he let Crawford walk. Pretty sure he'd have resigned Crawford before dealing for Marc Andre-Fleury.

In this scenario they would get paid pick(s) or prospect(s) to "help" Vegas out.

Edited by Akakabuto

51 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Seabrook was placed on LTIR last season because of a shoulder injury and he had also scheduled surgery on both of his hips.

Again: just a feeling, haven't read any reports or rumors.

Yeah if Seabrook heads back to LTIR, I could possibly then see Stan making a move for Marc Andre-Fleury. I guess only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

In this scenario they would get paid pick(s) or prospect(s) to "help" Vegas out.

Would be sweet if Yzerman could get a 1st from McCrimmon then flip him to Stan for $3,500,000 and another 2nd round pick helps both Vegas and the Hawks out.