• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

With this signing and hinting towards trying Fabbri at center I wonder how Filppulla and Nielsen feels right now.

Both should be waived / demoted. Something Holland would NEVER do, but Yzerman definitely has the balls to do it.

I haven't been this amped for Red Wings hockey in a long time. Not that I think this team is going to be particularly good this season, but what a turnaround, at least on paper... Phenomenal offseason, and he still may not be done. I don't think we can really add anything else, but maybe addition by subtraction (Nielsen / Filppula), and / or a trade to acquire more assets (Fleury)...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Both should be waived / demoted. Something Holland would NEVER do, but Yzerman definitely has the balls to do it.

Dont forget the obvious erne , he signed him but i think he’ll easily waive him if he has to

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I haven't been this amped for Red Wings hockey in a long time. Not that I think this team is going to be particularly good this season, but what a turnaround, at least on paper... Phenomenal offseason, and he still may not be done. I don't think we can really add anything else, but maybe addition by subtraction (Nielsen / Filppula), and / or a trade to acquire more assets (Fleury)...

Im not expecting amazing things but i like the trade bait man .... that being said stecher and namestnikov might just be bait for the seattle expansion draft since they signed x2

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

Very interesting. I had forgotten about this little wrinkle. Nielsen is the one I would have bought out over Abdelkader from the beginning, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about another but-out. That's a lot of dead cap over the next four years... I think I'd rather just waive both Nielsen and Filppula at this point. Going to be interesting for sure, to see how things play out...

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Very interesting. I had forgotten about this little wrinkle. Nielsen is the one I would have bought out over Abdelkader from the beginning, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about another but-out. That's a lot of dead cap over the next four years... I think I'd rather just waive both Nielsen and Filppula at this point. Going to be interesting for sure, to see how things play out...

I dont know what that guys going on about , i liked pearson for yrs but i think he easily spends next season down as well as smith .. at least one more year or maybe see some games due to injuries or moves 

i can 100% see erne,filppula,nielsen being waived so we dont have much to worry about atm . Maybe yzerman finds a taker for helm for a 5-6th pick and moves him

we got plenty of time to worry about this stuff , we might even add johnson if tampa pays up

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Imho only the next two years would be painfull and it wouldn't be a problem anyways with our roster/cap situation being what it is in the coming years.

Edited by Akakabuto

K i just checked capfriendly ... now if it was up to me id bury nielsen at least for a season and worry about him later 

the next two seasons will be 7-8 mill cap hits if we do it but i can see us buying nielsen for two reasons ... we’ll be adding guys on cheap contracts  and now with whats going on in the world  the cap will be stuck at 81 and  what were currently witnessing we’ll be seeing decent players available for cheap so we’ll easily be able to add say some dmen (since basically everyone will be a ufa next off season)

Wouldnt shock me to see another forward or two added with so many guys on one year deals and waiver options 

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I dont know what that guys going on about , i liked pearson for yrs but i think he easily spends next season down as well as smith .. at least one more year or maybe see some games due to injuries or moves 

I was more so referring to the second part of the tweet, not the part about what this means for Pearson, Smith and Svechnikov. We will need to make room for Svech though, or risk losing him for nothing.

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

i can 100% see erne,filppula,nielsen being waived so we dont have much to worry about atm . Maybe yzerman finds a taker for helm for a 5-6th pick and moves him

I agree. Yzerman has it in him to waive these guys, if there are other players outperforming them. He'll do whatever is best for the team.

I think Helm is worth much more than a 5th or 6th round pick. 

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

we got plenty of time to worry about this stuff , we might even add johnson if tampa pays up

Unless it's a three way deal, eating salary on Johnson or Fleury, I don't think Yzerman will be bringing in any more players via trade or free agency.

13 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Imho only the next two years would be painfull and it wouldn't be a problem anyways with our roster/cap situation being what it is in the coming years.

I don't really disagree, and like I said, I've been advocating buying out Nielsen for months, but having two buyouts on the books for the next 4 years, isn't a great look. The question for me would be if the Illitch's would be okay with all that dead money...

If we were to buyout Nielsen, this is what we'd be looking at over the next four years...

2020-21 - $5,222,223

2021-22 - $6,722,223

2022-23 - $2,972,223

2023-24 - $1,722,223

So yeah, like you said, it would only really hurt us the next two years...

F*** it! Do it Yzerman!

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

It's not even hurting us. We are still saving cap space.

Yeah, it's not until year four (2023-24) that it would be "hurting" us, and even then it's sub $2M, and just a hair over $1M in each of the next two years (2024-25 / 2025-26)... Hardly crippling, especially with so much of our core still on ELC's / bridge deals...

17 hours ago, xault said:

Man, I am pretty happy we got Griess. Heard nothing but good things about him, he was easily on my top list a few Months back. 

Also, I have a BUNCH of VAN fans as friends and they are realllly pissed they didn't resign Stecher. They loved to s*** on our drafting/hughes stuff. Nice to have a small one up on them for once.

I'm happy with Greiss as well. Hopefully he takes firm grip on the starting job so they can drop Bernier after this season and get the goalie cap hit down some. Gives Seider another German dude to chill with, too.