• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, if we're taking on Boychuk, I'd want a 1st round pick (preferably 2022), or 2nd round pick and top prospect.

36 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Anything short of a 2022 1st round pick coming back with Johnny Boychuk should be unacceptable. If Lou Lamoriello wants to dump Boychuk it should be as painful as possible.

A problem is Lou will never dish out a 1st. That could very well be a lottery pick in the next draft or the one in 2022. Isles made it to a playoff spot last season but that was only because the atlantic sucked so hard. They ended up only fifth in their division.

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

A problem is Lou will never dish out a 1st. That could very well be a lottery pick in the next draft or the one in 2022. Isles made it to a playoff spot last season but that was only because the atlantic sucked so hard. They ended up only fifth in their division.

That sounds like a Lou problem... If I'm not getting a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a top prospect (Dobson), I wouldn't be helping the Islanders out. A 2nd on it's own wouldn't be enough for me. 

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That sounds like a Lou problem... If I'm not getting a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a top prospect (Dobson), I wouldn't be helping the Islanders out. A 2nd on it's own wouldn't be enough for me. 

Sure, but it tells us a deal probably isn't/wasn't close.

I looked over the standings again. If you go by PTS instead of P% the Islanders are not a playoff team at all.

10 minutes ago, F.Micheal said:

Got deleted because CRL started it with one of his many ban evasion accounts.

Wish he would just take the hint and stay off this board TBH

Does anyone else remember his dramatic exit thread a few months back? Basically he was leaving us for Discord because this place was done. 

Since then he's had at least 4 sock accounts here and about 400 posts. lol

Just now, kipwinger said:

Am I the only one who likes the guy? He's entertaining. Things have slowed WAY down around here the last couple years. He keeps sh*t stirred up. Love it.

I liked him too, to a point. The last two weeks have been a whole other level of nuts though with him. It was getting distracting. 

Also, was never a fan of his baiting when it came to race and politics. If he'd just stick to hockey.......

As if he won't be back though :lol:

47 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Does anyone else remember his dramatic exit thread a few months back? Basically he was leaving us for Discord because this place was done. 

Since then he's had at least 4 sock accounts here and about 400 posts. lol

He was 10x worse in Discord.

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Am I the only one who likes the guy? He's entertaining. Things have slowed WAY down around here the last couple years. He keeps sh*t stirred up. Love it.

Thing is, s*** posts like his will actively prevent many new users. Things will pick up as the team gets better again. Just the way it goes. We don't need him here deterring people. He already has long time posters questioning why they bother coming back here.  

But yeah, Lou is on crack if he thinks he can dump Boychuck for anything less than a first. 

Edited by marcaractac

I enjoyed him too. But, if he is going to keep getting banned with new usernames, when we refer to him, we should refer to the OG name, Number9. I remember before he came back as CRL, his first new name was GordieHowesNumber. Then right before CRL there was another reference to Christopher Reeve or Superman I do believe. I hope he isn't banned for good though, he did help keep this place active when most others abandoned it!

Edited by LeftWinger

29 minutes ago, F.Micheal said:

The race baiting is where it crosses the line for me. I thought he was a Republican? But he's a Democrat now? I can't keep up.

He is a centrist.

Edited by Akakabuto

4 hours ago, F.Micheal said:

He can be pretty humorous and entertaining I admit. And it challenges me to look at things from a different perspective a lot of the time, even if his perspective is sometimes... odd.

The race baiting is where it crosses the line for me. I thought he was a Republican? But he's a Democrat now? I can't keep up.

I like the discord, although it is pretty brutal with the s*** talking over there. Not for everybody I guess.

I actually didn't mind. You could always just skip over his posts or choose to engage. I think he also went after people that were staples here, not new users to discourage them. I know there's rules for what you post, but if you're so soft that you can't handle someone posting something that's not PC or something you disagree with, joining a forum is probably the last thing you should do.

7 hours ago, F.Micheal said:

Got deleted because CRL started it with one of his many ban evasion accounts.

Wish he would just take the hint and stay off this board TBH

Ah. That explains it.

I like CRL. We've talked in DMs a buncha times, just shooting the s***. He's actually a very chill, very normal dude; he's clearly playing a character with his trolling. I would argue that every self-respecting online forum needs at least one divisive heel. Back when the Wings were still contending and this place was buzzing, there were always multiple beefs. Beefing is good for business. Though, I suppose maybe now might not be the best time for a CRL type. Or, on the other hand, maybe we need a CRL type now more than ever. I dunno. *shrug* Fs in the chat for our fallen tovarishch.

I *am* pissed that my Stacher post got deleted. Oh well. The gist of it was that Stecher appears to be low-key legit -- and I am here for it. (That's how bad things are right now.) Think a hardcore shutdown guy like Nemeth -- but capable of 1) potting points at even strength and 2) playing in all situations. I love that he has the shutdown chops he does while being 5'10-185. That means he's an outstanding puckmover.

Some stats:

https://www.nhl.com/player/troy-stecher-8479442

Troy-Stecher.png

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/s/stechtr01-advanced-ev.html

Troy-Stecher-adv.png

Look at that f***ing zone starts split. Beautiful. (And, as a matter of fact, damn near identical to Nemeth's.)

In adding Stecher and Merrill, Yzerman basically pulled a respectable middle pairing out of his ass.

Nemeth  Hronek
Merrill  Stecher
DeKeyser  Seider
Staal/Lindstrom

All of a sudden, we've got a blue line that looks like an Yzerman-constructed group. That is to say: We've got a bunch of big, mobile, quietly effective two-way guys. That's the formula.

We've got McIsaac, Wallinder, Tuomisto in the pipeline. The 2021 draft class features a bunch of really good defensemen in Brandt Clarke, Carson Lambos, Owen Power, and Luke Hughes. Dougie Hamilton could hit the UFA market next year -- and Yzerman's going to have crazy cap flexibility to work with. I think we should feel pretty good about the future D situation.

Just now, CatBoyRossi said:

To be fair a lot of decent players still on the market. Seems like GM's are just gonna wait till everyone is willing to settle for 950K

I can see a lot of players that had NHL jobs last season to only get a PTO this year.

8 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Week suspension finally over boys. Looks like I missed a lot! Gotta catch up.

I'm too dumb for fancy stats so let me add this:

Stecher

2016/17: 22/23 YO, 20 min a night (Vancouver rolled all 3 lines pretty much evenly), pace: 28 pts
2017/18: 23/24 YO, 19 min a night, #4 Dman, pace: 13 pts (sophomore slump?)
2018/19: 24/25 YO, 20 min a night, #4 Dman, pace: 24 pts
2019/20: 25/26 YO, 15 min a night, #6/7 Dman, pace 20 pts

It seems this last season the emergence of Quinn Hughes as a prominent Dman in Vancouer really pushed him down the lineup. While the other top4 guys (Edler, Myers, and Tanev) remained in their top4 roles. Despite this Stecher scored at his best per 60 pace of his career, notching 20 pts with only a period of ice time per game. It's no wonder he wanted out of Vancouver... but now with Tanev gone Stecher probably could have got his spot in the top4 back, but the Nuckies were too slow on the draw, and he ditched for Detroit so they had to shift to Nate Schmidt who costs another 4.25 mil a season lol.

Stecher looks to me like a pretty average Top4 Dman whose upside is smarts (in both ends) and poise. Like Cholowski if Cholowski actually had poise. $1.7 a year is probably a bargain for him considering he's most likely gonna eat 20+ min a night and net 20-30 pts.

Shouldn't you be posting in a MN Wild thread somewhere?