• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Timashov to Islanders

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/12/red-wings-trade-dmytro-timashovs-rights-to-islanders.html

Future considerations sooo is this a body dump to potentially bring others here?

Timashov wasn't under contract anyway, so likely not the reason for the move, but I do expect Yzerman to make another trade or two in the coming days / week...

43 minutes ago, Wait&Sneed said:

It's odd because first Yzerman seemed fine to let him depart to Europe. Then the rumors of expanded 26 man rosters started and it seemed like a deal would get done then. 

If he's letting him go now he's likely making room for Tyler Johnson or Alex Killorn or both

Again, Timashov was not under contract, so he did not need to be moved to make room for anyone, regardless what trade may be in the works.

36 minutes ago, Wait&Sneed said:

And now he definitely wont, or need to be, under contract with the Johnson rumors heating up!

Nope, and I'd take Johnson and a 1st round pick, plus another asset, over Timashov (waiver claim).

Just get the deal done already...

8 hours ago, Wait&Sneed said:

Ur seeing the light

I like that about you

I've said from day one that I'd take Johnson as a cap dump. What I wouldn't do, hasn't changed. I would not take Johnson AND Killorn for just a 1st round pick. I'd want a 1st, plus another pick and / or prospect for Johnson, and at least a 2nd for Killorn.

We're not at the point in our rebuild where we can afford to be giving up futures for past their prime players.

I can't believe this s*** has to be explained here...

6 minutes ago, Wait&Sneed said:

Giving up futures? WTF are you talkling about?

Ur almost there... just embrace it

You said we would have to give up assets to get Killorn, not the other way around...

I then said, Yzerman would be dumb to give up assets (aka futures) to acquire a past his prime winger.

Try to keep up...

10 minutes ago, Wait&Sneed said:

I haven't said that anywhere in this thread.

Are you lost little boy?

It's a good thing what you say in *other* threads can't be brought up in this one... Otherwise, you'd look really dumb...

I don't blame you for bailing in the other thread, and continuing the conversation here, where we can't discuss the dumb things you said over there...

7 minutes ago, Wait&Sneed said:

Why are you derailing this convo with stuff from another thread? If you'd stay on topic maybe I wouldn't confused about futures in a timashov thread

No, you definitely didn't derail this thread by bringing up "Tyler Johnson or Alex Killorn"...

28 minutes ago, Wait&Sneed said:

There's a rumor of Yzerman trading Zetterberg for Johnson from Friedman at the exact same time Yzerman is shipping out players who play the same position. Seems relevant to me.

And what you said on the exact topic, in another thread was also relevant...