• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

2021 Draft

Rate this topic

I’m really sceptical on Askarov. His stats are brilliant when he’s in Russia. Then he gets out on the world stage like in the last two World Juniors and he sucks. I’ve read where the shots on goal are inflated in Russia. I hope Walstedt is better

It looks like we´ll have picks #6, #23-31, #38, #47 to start with, plus extra picks to throw in if we want to move up a few spots. It will be interesting to see what Yzerman is going to do at the expansion draft, entry draft and in free agency. I think our roster will look different than most of us think right now. The good thing about Yzerman is that he is not afraid to make changes/deals. He is an active GM and that hopefully gives us lot to speculate and talk about.

On 4/19/2021 at 3:45 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

It'll be interesting to see how the order changes after the U18 is over.    I know half the players are too old for this tourney on this latest TSN list, but,  I wonder how the kids scouted already in the european leagues play against their own age group.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, who is this Shane Wright kid and where does he fall in the draft rankings? He's having himself a very impressive tournament so far! 

He´s the 2022 #1 pick.

8 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

It looks like if both Clarke and Guenther sneaks up in the top 5, Detroit should get a real good prospect that also fits our needs in the 6-8 range. 

Guenther's already top 5 IMO. And sounds like Clarke has played his way in based on his U18 performance 

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Guenther's already top 5 IMO. And sounds like Clarke has played his way in based on his U18 performance 

Yeah, sneaking is probably not the right word when it comes to Guenther. But Clarke is definitely rising because of the reason you stated. 

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Yeah, sneaking is probably not the right word when it comes to Guenther. But Clarke is definitely rising because of the reason you stated. 

Who drops down to possibly 6 if we’re there? Im guessing with the injury it might be luke hughes?

beniers,powers,clarke,guenther gotta be in the top 5 and im guessing since edvinsson was #2 on mckenzie’s list unless something happens that’ll be the top 5 so if we want in on that call up verbeek,turgeon etc... for the cbj games haha

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

From a HFboards thread made by user Leadzedder:

2/4

Jersey is putting themselves in the conversation and I’m assuming VAN is gonna get some points at some point.

10. LAK .460
9. SJS .442
8. VAN .436 (.446)
7. OTT .433
6. DET .417
5. CBJ .415
4. NJD .406 (.394)

45/95 (46%)
If DET goes 0-2... they get 45 points (.401)

To finish ahead...

VAN would need 5 in 9
LAK would need 0 in 6
SJS would need 0 in 4
OTT would need 0 in 4
CBJ would need 0 in 1 (2 wins vs DET)

NJD would need 2 in 3 (1 RW)

If DET goes 1-1... they get 47 points (.420)

To finish ahead...

VAN would need 7 in 9
LAK would need 1 in 6
SJS would need 2 in 4
OTT would need 2 in 4
CBJ would need 2 in 1 (1-1 vs DET)
NJD would need 4 in 3 (2 RW)

If DET goes 2-0. they get 49 points (.438)

To finish ahead...

VAN would need 9 in 9
LAK would need 3 in 6
SJS would need 4 in 4
OTT would need 4 in 4 (1 RW)
CBJ would need 6 in 1 (2 losses vs DET)
NJD would need 6 in 3 (3 RW)

Tomorrow’s games...

MTL vs OTT
NSH vs CBJ
COL vs SJS
LAK
 vs ARI

Edited by Akakabuto

10 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Who drops down to possibly 6 if we’re there? Im guessing with the injury it might be luke hughes?

If we assume Power goes 1OA and both Clarke and Guenther goes top 5 we would be able to pick a C between Beniers/Johnson/Eklund and a LHD between Hughes and Edvinsson.

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

If we assume Power goes 1OA and both Clarke and Guenther goes top 5 we would be able to pick a C between Beniers/Johnson/Eklund and a LHD between Hughes and Edvinsson.

And wallstedt :p .... i think ive heard people say johnson and eklund will end up as wingers id have to guess based off mckenzie’s rankings we’d have hughes/eklund/johnson/wallstedt but i can also see yzerman going off the board and taking a lysell 

Could be 100% wrong but if we stay at #6 and luke hughes is there its either him or he goes off the board with wallstedt or lysell

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Likely finish for us is staying put at 6, cant see us going 0-2 vs cbj i think nj and cbj have a game in hand so if you want to see us fall to 4 or 5 those games are important and might determine the end result (cbj plays nsh tonight)

Its not the 22 or 23 draft so either way im good , in fact i got a bad feeling #4-5 will move up in the draft this year and i cant imagine back to back winners

From the same HFboards thread:

11. LAK - 48 (5 games left)
10. SJS - 48 (3)
9. CGY - 47 (5)
8. OTT - 47 (3)
7. CBJ - 46 (2)
6. DET - 45 (2)
5. NJD - 43 (3)
4. VAN - 41 (9)

If DET goes 0-2... they get 45 points (.401) and finish 4th-6th. (Probably 4th)

To finish ahead...
CGY would need 0 points in 5 games
VAN would need 5 in 9
LAK would need 0 in 5
SJS would need 0 in 3
OTT would need 0 in 3
CBJ would need 0 in 0 (2 wins vs DET)
NJD would need 2 in 3 (1 RW)

If DET goes 1-1... they get 47 points (.420) and finish 4th-6th. (Probably 5th or 6th)

To finish ahead...
CGY would need 0 points in 5 games
VAN would need 7 in 9
LAK would need 0 in 5
SJS would need 0 in 3
OTT would need 0 in 3
CBJ would need 0 in 0 (1-1 vs DET)
NJD would need 4 in 3 (2 RW)

If DET goes 2-0... they get 49 points (.438) and finish 5th-11th. (Probably 7th or 8th)

To finish ahead...
CGY would need 2 points in 5 games
VAN would need 9 in 9
LAK would need 1 in 5
SJS would need 2 in 3
OTT would need 2 in 3
CBJ would need 4 in 0 (2 losses vs DET)
NJD would need 6 in 3 (3 RW)

Edited by Akakabuto

34 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I wanna see a proper farewell to our veterans in these last two games vs Columbus. They deserve that much. 

Helm - Nielsen - Filppula top line, Staal - Biega 30 min TOI, babey!

I also think we need to have a look at Kaden Fulcher too. Ya know, for next season. 

38 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I wanna see a proper farewell to our veterans in these last two games vs Columbus. They deserve that much. 

Helm - Nielsen - Filppula top line, Staal - Biega 30 min TOI, babey!

I think Staal will be back