• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

2021 Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, F.Michael said:

Read a humorous scouts pov on netminders from the OHL/WHL/QMJHL...Said sumthin along the lines that their numbers tend to bloated due to a lack of quality opponents when compared to their Euro counterparts who are playing in a much higher level against men.

Not so much anti-Cossa - just more pro-Wallstedt considering their road to the draft table...Will post the quote if I can find it.

I mean, that's gonna be the case for any outstanding talent in any lesser league really. 

I do think Wallstedt will get off the the quicker start in the NHL based on his path; I feel with the tools Cossa has combined with his athletic ability and size, he will have the higher ceiling in the long run. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to have either. Only Stevie has the balls to pick Cossa at 6. 

11 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

Yes and its hilarious and in a few years we’ll be laughing about this one guy’s dumb opinions who was convinced larkin would be one if the best 2 way forwards in the game and be a lifelong redwings captain 

So, O'Reilly is one of the best two-way centers in the league, but you wouldn't consider a 65-75 point two-way center a true number one center... Okay...

And yes, me saying that I think the newly appointed captain will likely be a lifelong Red Wing, is a lot less of a hot take than you saying that you think he's going to be stripped of his captaincy and traded...

28 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

No you dont strip the C from a player and give it to someone else cause he’s a better player ... thats just nonsensical ... its a shame sj sharks didnt get your memo when they stripped thornton of his captaincy

Ok, so if that's nonsensical, what would be your sensical reasoning for stripping the C from Larkin and trading our best (only good) center? This should be good...

The San Jose Sharks are not the Detroit Red Wings. Doug Wilson is not Steve Yzerman.

25 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Well that's not true. It was the determining factor for you in my goalie draft scenario.

No it wasn't. On "my" list, I have Wallstedt in a tier below Eklund and a couple others. Maybe Yzerman has it reversed.

If you're talking about your dumb (never gonna happen) two goalies in the 1st round draft scenario, well, that was... dumb...

28 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

His personality is boring. He doesn't have any charisma. He doesn't talk much on the ice, and when the team starts losing he goes completely mute most times.

Seider and Raymond are the exact opposite. Seider has charisma and confidence spilling out of him to the point it's contagious to those around him. Raymond never seems to shut his mouth, constantly talking to the bench, linemates, and officials. Both exude leadership. I can't say that about Larkin. All I can say is he's (currently) our best player and happens to be from the local area so he's a fan favorite. Larkin as captain is a marketing move.

You know who else had a boring personality? Yzerman. Also, Lidstrom and Zetterberg. Along with countless other captains around the league. You think because Seider is charismatic, he's going to be the captain over Larkin? LOL

Larkin is ALWAYS talking on the ice, and on the bench. Where are you getting all this bulls*** from?

Seider will make a damn good alternate captain, and maybe captain in 10+ years when Larkin is done.

15 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I mean, that's gonna be the case for any outstanding talent in any lesser league really. 

I do think Wallstedt will get off the the quicker start in the NHL based on his path; I feel with the tools Cossa has combined with his athletic ability and size, he will have the higher ceiling in the long run. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to have either. Only Stevie has the balls to pick Cossa at 6. 

Interesting how the link I posted earlier shows Cossa at #7 and Wallstedt at #15 (maybe there's sumthin there?).

Since I know little of any of these guys (goalies or skaters) I'll just have to trust Yzerman/Verbeek/scouts.

Edited by F.Michael

8 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

I dont know but last time i checked oreilly won the selke and conn smythe .... again larkin hit 60+ 2/6 seasons ... it doesnt make him a true #1 c but ok

Yes. O'Reilly won the Selke, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup at the age of 28. Larkin is 24. O'Reilly was right around where Larkin is now, at the same age. Except Larkin was slightly better...

Larkin has had two 60+ point seasons, and one other where he was on pace for 60+. He can get back there after one down season. You're not debating that though. You've already admitted that you think he can get back to 60+ points. If he can do that, while playing against the leagues best every night, and holding his own, that WOULD make him a true number one center.

16 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

so yzerman wont strip the C cause hes not doug wilson and were not san jose sharks? Your actually gonna tell me thats a sensical reasoning? If anything we know yzerman isnt afraid to correct his mistakes and if he thinks larkin was a mistake and seider for instance would be a better leader he wouldnt hesitate to correct it 

No, my reasoning is that Yzerman JUST named him captain. We have absolutely no reason, zero, to believe he's going to take it from him.\

What mistake? Naming Larkin the captain was not a mistake whatsoever.

19 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

My reasoning for stripping larkin the c for someone else? Simple cause we’ll have a better option  down the road waiting to take it from him . Just cause you name someone a captain doesnt mean he stays in that position till you decide your done playing hockey. I always said id have np keeping him on the roster as a 2c (hes not a #1) and if he has  np giving up the c than the little lad can stick around a while longer

What makes Seider, or anyone for that matter, a better option as captain than Larkin? You've already admitted it has nothing to do with skill level? So what is it?

I understand that just because a player is named captain, doesn't necessarily mean it's forever. But until we're given legitimate reason to believe Larkin isn't cutting it as captain, there's no reason to assume he won't be the captain for the foreseeable future...

So you only want to keep Larkin around if "the little lad" is willing to give up the C... LOL

I'd love to know who you think Yzerman is going to acquire, be it through free agency, trade or the draft, that is going to unseat Larkin as the 1C... There aren't 1C's better than Larkin available in free agency. No one is trading us a 1C better than Larkin, unless we're giving up premium piece(s) (1st round pick / Seider, plus). There likely aren't any 1C's better than Larkin available in the draft, unless we win the lottery (Wright / Bedard). And even then, it would be 3-4 years minimum before either of them would unseat Larkin as the 1C...

12 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Larkin is a mouse out there. And he doesn't have the talent or prestige to lead like that. Comparing him to Yzerman, Lids, and Zberg is like saying Ken Shamrock and Triple H are the same because they're both heels. Y, Z, and Lids are gods. Larkin is a boy who can barely string together a 40 pt pace season.

I'm thinking a healthy Bert, and Vrana on his wings will likely see DBoss hitting 60 pts.

Yup, I'd agree. Bertuzzi is more fit to be captain IMHO as well. It's not classic good Red Wings marketing though. Bertuzzi is the wild-eyed, toothless, long-haired, tattooed, rough man from Sudbury. Larkin is the clean cut, non-vocal, well-mannered, professional, says the some old boring "work hard and see what happens" crap, boy from the down the road that they can sell to a predominantly Michigan audience.

Aren't most Canadians toothless long-haired crappy tattooed hockey luvin freaks?

Edited by F.Michael

7 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

"Need should NEVER be the determining factor"

Your words not mine.

I guess you missed the part about tiers...

8 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

If Yzerman has Cossa a tier above anyone else available at 22... you still wouldn't take a second goalie???

You think Yzerman has both Wallstedt and Cossa in tiers of their own? LOL

Ok, sure, I'll humor you... IF that were the case, then sure, take both goalies in the first round...

9 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Larkin is a mouse out there. And he doesn't have the talent or prestige to lead like that. Comparing him to Yzerman, Lids, and Zberg is like saying Ken Shamrock and Triple H are the same because they're both heels. Y, Z, and Lids are gods. Larkin is a boy who can barely string together a 40 pt pace season.

Larkin is very vocal. We've all seen it. I didn't compare Larkin to any of those guys. I simply said none of those guys were very vocal, and none of them had much of a personality / charisma...

Seider has the maturity, veteran mindset, confidence, talent, and charisma to be a PREMIER captain. "DBoss" clappin' bombs in his moms dungeon is mature now I guess...

Seider will make a great alternate captain in a few years...

Yup, I'd agree. Bertuzzi is more fit to be captain IMHO as well. It's not classic good Red Wings marketing though. Bertuzzi is the wild-eyed, toothless, long-haired, tattooed, rough man from Sudbury. Larkin is the clean cut, non-vocal, well-mannered, professional, says the some old boring "work hard and see what happens" crap, boy from the down the road that they can sell to a predominantly Michigan audience.

I'm pretty sure you just described every captain ever, and also your boy Glendening that would have been such a better choice over Larkin...

6 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Raymond is gonna unseat Larkin very quickly

Raymond is going to be on Larkin's wing very quickly.

I hope Raymond can transition back to center. But even if he does, we're looking at 3 years minimum before he unseats Larkin as 1C.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm thinking a healthy Bert, and Vrana on his wings will likely see DBoss hitting 60 pts.

100%.

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

He couldn't do it with Mantha + Fabbri + Zadina

Except for the fact that he could... He did it twice and was on pace for 60+ another season... One down season, and Larkin is done at the age of 24...

5 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I literally mention tiers in the next sentence lol

What are you talking about willis

In order for Yzerman to take BOTH goalies at 6 and 23, they would have to be sitting alone in tiers by themselves. That most definitely wouldn't be the case. I'm not sure what you're finding difficult to understand about this...

7 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Nice cause I def wouldn't be opposed to taking both goalies in the first either.

Terrible asset (draft pick) management in my opinion...

8 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Nobody looks up to Larkin. And no one listens to him either cause he doesn't talk.

Yeah, I'm sure his teammates would totally agree. Oh, except they don't. They've all said he's a great leader. "WeLl WhAt Do YoU eXpEcT tHeM tO sAy?"... Probably not go out of their way to talk him up as a captain of the team...

10 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Glendening is the blue collar role model that all these kids should be modeling. He's also older, more experienced, and his captaincy would be nice smooth segway into Seider's inevitable captaincy. Unfortunately now we're going to have to strip and embarrass the poor boy.

Larkin works just as hard as Glendening, but actually has some skill to go along with it (unlike Glendening)... The second point I can get on board with. Unfortunately, Yzerman didn't see it that way. He clearly seen Larkin as a better option as captain, than Seider.

Raymond is wayyyyy more offensively talented than anyone on this roster. He's going to be the go to offensive weapon for Blash within his first NHL season. That'll spiral into 1C super quickly.

I agree with the bold. However, Larkin will still eat the tough minutes, against the oppositions best. Raymond will get more of the offensive zone starts, and eat other teams second and third lines / pairings alive.

13 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The fun part is you have the same excuses for him this year that you did last year. Put that old broken Brendan Smith record back on the juke box fellas.

Oh Goodie, a Smith reference. Just take your defeat Burgerman. You have once again been backed into the corner...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Larkin works just as hard as Glendening, but actually has some skill to go along with it (unlike Glendening)... The second point I can get on board with. Unfortunately, Yzerman didn't see it that way. He clearly seen Larkin as a better option as captain, than Seider.

How dare you insult the backhand of disney.com

All this back and forth about Larkin and whether he is our #1 C and if he should have the C because he may not be our #1, but in the glory days, Yzerman was not our #1 C either, that was Fedorov. Yzerman is not going to award the C to Larkin and then take it away, that is not his style or this organization's. This is not San Jose or any other Mickey Mouse team that pretends to be as prestigious as us. Yzerman can draft or trade for a REAL ELITE #1 C and Larkin will still and always (while he is here) be our Captain. That is just how this organization is. 

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Sure. I actually don't think Yzerman will strip Larkin. I think he'll trade him once other centers render him redundant like Tyler Johnson in Tampa.

They'll get two cups out of Johnson before he goes

2 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

Preplanning hooker holidays yet?

Dont know why you constantly feel the need to keep messaging me and mentioning my name when i told everyone your love for the ladies of the night , made you change your handle name again and again(keep coming up with bogus excuses for doing so though) and run a long to uncle matt  

Your like one of those girls who keep going back to their abusive bf’s ... now i know why your so fond of them

When have I ever messaged you? When did I mention your name? If you can't handle discussions on a forum, don't post on a forum. 

And don't blame me because you can't help yourself from breaking forum rules unprovoked. 

On 7/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

Seider needs an Ian White, Eric Gelinas, or Marc Methot plopped in his lap. Leave the rest to him.

My thinking is basically this: "It's looking like we found a Norris-caliber cornerstone defenseman at 6OA, against all odds. Now, what if I told you we could cheat the gods again and double our winnings on that front? What if we could come away from Year 3 of the Yzerbuild with an all-world D pairing? What if we could come away from this draft having secured that elusive 'X factor' advantage that could soon have Wings-hating analysts saying, 'Well, *of course* Detroit has to be considered a Cup contender now; any team that can roll out [Hughes-Seider] has to be considered a contender'?"

It's greediness on my part. [Crusty vet]-Seider would probably be ok. But why settle? Why not pair him with a high-end left-side defenseman who perfectly complements him?

Edited by Dabura

21 minutes ago, Hookersarethefuture said:

Your tagging me and replying s*** to what i said where as ive avoided anything you have to say so clearly so you just cant help yourself

breaking rules unprovoked hahaha ya you keep telling yourself that but we both know the truth ... now just go bug your buddies and plan your “holidays” and leave me out of your s***

Was kinda hoping for another #2C in mctavish

If you post in a public forum, you'll be responded to. Deal with it. 

Hoping Yzerman one day gives up a first round pick and a prospect just to get rid of Larkin is the type of stupidity you should expect to be called out for. 

If you can't take the heat...

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Not really.

Yzerman's tier1: Walstedt, Power, Johnson, Eklund.... Cossa. Everyone in tier1 besides Cossa is gone at 22. Boom two goalies.

Fortunately, Yzerman isn't dumb enough to have those 3 players and 2 goalies (LOL) in the same tier...

Need should NEVER be the determining factor bro. BPA.

Again, there are exceptions to the rule. You'd have to be dumb as s*** to take two goalies in the top 25 of a draft...

4 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Nice cause I def wouldn't be opposed to taking both goalies in the first either.

... like I was saying...

Provide the quote or it didn't happen

Provide a quote? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. Going back over all the videos on the Red Wings YouTube page to find a quote for you... How about you find a quote of players saying Larkin isn't a good captain...

4 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

See I just fooled you into admitting talent plays some role in it. Get ready for Seider and Raymond to blow Larkin out of the water both in leadership and talent.

You didn't "fool" anyone into admitting anything... Talent definitely plays a role, but how often do you see career 4th line grinders named captain? On any team, let alone the Red Wings. Never.

Sure. Both will likely be better players. They may even be better leaders on and off the ice. If that's the case, they'll make great alternate captains. Yzerman is NOT stripping the C from Larkin. It's not happening.

53 minutes ago, hookersaremaelh85sonlylove said:

lets see how fast babydick cries some more  lmao  im a liar but his actions speak otherwise

enjoy the wallstedt at 6 losers

and enjoy these mediocre seasons of larkin before seiders greatness takes over

enjoy the dullness  this websites become until the next time it gets hacked and shutdown again and again and again until its inevitable demise

I'm really disappointed that you were banned. I know you said something else extremely dumb in response to my last post, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to read it in time...

13 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

You're dancing around the subject. Cossa being the last player available at 22 in a higher tier is that absurd to you?

Again, I like your made up tier system. Excited to learn the rules about it.

So I suppose you think teams have rankings 1-200, and never stray from that order. No debate at the table. Just next name off the list... I personally think, based on the amount of time spent on each pick (especially in the 1st round), teams have tiers of players that they will have an internal debate over, depending on who they believe to be the best fit.

If Wallstedt is the top ranked prospect available at 6, Yzerman will obviously take him. If when pick 23 comes up, and there are three prospects (Cossa, Lambos, Raty for example) available (all ranked in that same "tier"), they may decide right off the bat to pass on the goalie (after already taking one at 6), and debate between the center and defenseman.

Seems made up, doesn't it? Way too far fetched...

13 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I didn't claim to have a quote. You did. Let's see it. If it's such a common thing it should be easy to find no?

Most of the quotes I've heard from players over the past year have been in pre/post-game pressers. Those aren't easy to find. I can't find any from players...

No QuOtE, iT DiDn'T hApPeN...

Sure. So either not a single reporter asked a single player what they thought of Larkin being named captain. OR every player that was asked said it was a poor decision, and Yzerman should have named someone different... That must be why I can't find anything...

After a quick Google search, here's a couple quotes from the GM / coach...

Yzerman:

"Dylan is an extremely competitive and driven player who sets the standard for dedication and conduct for the Red Wings," Yzerman said. "This is the right time to name our new captain, and we're certain Dylan is ready to take on the responsibility. He will be an outstanding leader for us, both on and off the ice."

Blashill:

“I am extremely excited that Dylan Larkin will be our captain,” said Red Wings head coach Jeff Blashill in a statement. “To be named captain of the Detroit Red Wings is an enormous honor and one that Dylan has certainly earned. Dylan has the utmost respect from his teammates because of his work ethic, passion, care for others and burning desire to win. I have watched first-hand as Dylan has grown as a leader during his time with the Red Wings and internationally at three World Championships representing Team USA. He is ready for the challenges that come with serving as captain and will be complemented by a great leadership group ready to support him.”

I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe, the players would / HAVE echo(d) the same sentiment...