• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

2021 Draft

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So, rumors about Yzerman possible moving the 23rd to Vancouver for Eriksson contract and the #9OA. Most definitely expect Wallstedt at 6 if that happens.

I don't think this is a real rumor... I speculated about this a few days ago and low and behold Max Bultman had an article in the Athletic where this was one of 3 possible scenarios thrown out there... it was a thought experiment rather than a "rumor".

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So, rumors about Yzerman possible moving the 23rd to Vancouver for Eriksson contract and the #9OA. Most definitely expect Wallstedt at 6 if that happens.

IF this were to happen, I'd expect a player (Eklund) at 6, and maybe Wallstedt at 9...

That would be one hell of a haul in my opinion...

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

1 yr left on the Erikisson contract...Are they really that desperate?

I think the value is about right (maybe add a mid round pick). I'm not sure if Vancouver would be that desperate to shed one year of Eriksson, but they are tight against the cap. $15M to sign 8 players, two of which, Pettersson and Hughes should get pretty hefty raises...

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'd rather trade Bertuzzi and a 2nd for Boeser and keep our two picks.

I'd rather this trade as well. However, I'm not sure if a 2nd gets it done. They may have some interest in hometown kid, Cholowski as well. It does seem like Vancouver are a good trade partner. Yzerman vs Benning, I like our chances...

20 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yeah it's overly complicated in order to make Jarry end up in Detroit. That's the underlying agenda to that trade.

I think you read it wrong.   Jarry ends up in Vegas.

Pronman's latest mock draft for all rounds has some interesting names for the Wings in the first 3 rounds:

6: Mason McTavish, C

23: Isak Rosen, RW

38: Logan Stankoven, C

48: Prokhor Poltapov, LW

56: Danila Klimovich, RW

70: Benjamin Gaudreau, G

90: Liam Dower Nilsson, C

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

To VGK: #22 overall and #52 overall from the Wings, and Tristan Jarry and Aston-Reese from the Pens
To PIT: Marc-Andre Fleury 50% retained from the Knights via the Wings
To DET: #30 overall and #36 overall from the Knights, and #58 overall from the Penguins, retain $3.5 on MAF for one year

EDIT: Fixed. This makes more sense now. Although that's still a lot for the Pens to part with for an elderly goalie, and VGK seems like the clear winner here.

I have no idea why we'd do that trade... we should be moving up not down at this stage of the rebuild. 

14 minutes ago, mackel said:

I have no idea why we'd do that trade... we should be moving up not down at this stage of the rebuild. 

The trade has us getting PIT 1st pick in 2022, which could be anywhere.   

Trading 22 + 51

Getting 29 + 35

1 hour ago, town123 said:

The trade has us getting PIT 1st pick in 2022, which could be anywhere.   

Trading 22 + 51

Getting 29 + 35

A 1st from PIT is not mentioned anywhere in that post.

5 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Mailloux Charged In Sweden

Mailloux was 17 (a minor in Sweden) at the time of incident. The victim was 18 (an adult in Sweden).

Not sure I really care about this. While stupid and moronic the kid seems to recognize he made big mistake, paid the victim and expressed remorse. Could be someone to scoop up with a high 3rd or something. 

If you're worried about being photographed and embarrassed by it, then maybe don't do it in the first place.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Well that's not really fair. Filming someone during sex without their consent is illegal in pretty much every western country besides Italy. Don't ask me how I know that last bit.

She was an 18 yo giving head to a 17 yo boy she barely knew. Plenty of shameful conduct to go around.