• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

2021 Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

This pleases Paul Kukla

Two years ago before training camp Malik was soliciting his readers for money so he could buy a new laptop to take with him to TC because he couldn't afford one to do his "work". Separately he bitched about how the Red Wings won't give him a media credential. Lol.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Two years ago before training camp Malik was soliciting his readers for money so he could buy a new laptop to take with him to TC because he couldn't afford one to do his "work". Separately he bitched about how the Red Wings won't give him a media credential. Lol.

They do let him in the areas closed off to the public tho.

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Its all politics. If he later became the Governor of Virginia, and it was found out he did something wrong as a teenager, he wouldn't be punished at all.

54 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am sorry but how much more "punishment" does this kid deserve? Been almost a full year he has crawled on his belly apologizing, asked not to be drafted etc.

Isn't there a point where he has given his pound of flesh and deservers forgiveness?

Not from the tolerant and forgiving wokes.

Let's talk about the fact that Simon Edvinsson has scored 6 pts in 11 games in the SHL, as an 18 year old, and has had ZERO powerplay time.

It is entirely possible that Raymond and Edvinsson turn out to be better player than Lafreniere and Power.

In other prospect news, Joe Veleno's line got scored on FOUR times at even strength yesterday. So despite the fact that he had two goals (one on the powerplay) he was a net negative as a top line center. Probably a good thing he's not in the NHL right now.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

In other prospect news, Joe Veleno's line got scored on FOUR times at even strength yesterday. So despite the fact that he had two goals (one on the powerplay) he was a net negative as a top line center. Probably a good thing he's not in the NHL right now.

Kronwall, Nyquist, and Tatar needed a lot of AHL seasoning.  Joe might, as well.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I think Brattström needs to be given some credit here too. He had a .800sv% in that game. 

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I’d agree if he wasn’t quite good when literally every other line was on the ice. 

I didn't watch the game and haven't seen the highlights yet so I guess it's quite possible Veleno is to blame here. I agree that if the team were scored on four times while you were on the ice your line probably didn't have a good game. I just thought you were trying to paint a pretty one sided picture here.

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I didn't watch the game and haven't seen the highlights yet so I guess it's quite possible Veleno is to blame here. I agree that if the team were scored on four times while you were on the ice your line probably didn't have a good game. I just thought you were trying to paint a pretty one sided picture here.

Kinda, yeah. I don't think Veleno is a very good center and I think he should probably be switched to the wing. Getting torched in the AHL in a top line role (as a 3rd year pro) sorta adds support for that. But it's nothing revolutionary. He wasn't able to deal with the defensive responsibilities of the center position in his first AHL stint, and he wasn't able to deal with it in the SHL last year either.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Kinda, yeah. I don't think Veleno is a very good center and I think he should probably be switched to the wing. Getting torched in the AHL in a top line role (as a 3rd year pro) sorta adds support for that. But it's nothing revolutionary. He wasn't able to deal with the defensive responsibilities of the center position in his first AHL stint, and he wasn't able to deal with it in the SHL last year either.

Well, as you very very much know, this team needs to solve it's 1C/2C problem before they can knock on some doors. It won't be Joe filling either of those two spots. And Rasmussen will make a fine 3C. So, unless you want Veleno as your 4th line center (hint: you prob don't) then switching him to wing makes a ton of sense.