• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Season

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not sure how I'm proving your point, I'm not even really sure what your point is. My point is that Cholowski should get a good long look this season, whether that's out of the gate, or after 10 games. I think Yzerman / Blashill will prove my point, when he inevitably gets into games, and gets power-play time. What he does in those games is yet to be seen. I think he can be a positive impact. If he doesn't show some major progression, I think it may soon be time to move on.

My point is that he is not good offensively. Or at least hasn't been so far. Since your whole argument is based around him being good offensively, it seems appropriate to point out.

Of course he'll get into games. Even in a healthy year you'll pay 9-10 guys. Biega will play. Lindstrom will play. Staal will play. Probably a few more. You want him to be a full time regular. You think he should be at least #6. You want to hedge your bets and say "just give him a chance" as if anyone is arguing against him getting any games at all.

What I'm saying is when everyone is healthy he should not be on the roster. He should have to earn it. He can do that by actually being good when he does get a chance. He can get a chance either from injuries, exceptional play in GR, or maybe exceptionally bad play by those ahead of him. 

He doesn't earn a chance, in my opinion, by scoring at rates similar to players who are bad at offense. Doing that just proves that he's bad himself.

Should the wings consider taking on komorov from the islanders ?guessing the islanders 2022 2nd? Would have zero interest in colorados 2nd this yr in what can be a 56-62 pick

Not what i was hoping wed do with all our cap space but it is what it is at this point, maybe we send back gagner or erne so we dont just add another roster player to what’s already here or just eat 50% from komorov and flip him to a contender or a team who doesnt want to spend money?

ahhh slim pickings man .... just give us fleury so we can flip him goddammit

16 minutes ago, WRusco said:

Wings claim Christian Djoos, LD, off waivers from Anaheim.

His father Pär Djoos played 26 games for Detroit in the 90-91 season.

12 hours ago, F.Michael said:

w42tgxfpx5t41.png

I'm guessing somebody have been watching the Harry Potter movies with his kids over the holidays.

7 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I assume this kills any chance of Cholowski being a regular.

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

confirmed - Cholowski will start this season in Grand Rapids.

Yeah, it appears that way. I'd still prefer Cholowski get another look in Detroit, but starting in Grand Rapids won't be the worst thing for his development. Hopefully he can push his way on the big club sooner than later. 

so with GR playing this season, and Yzerman wanting the kids (waiver exempt) to play instead of sitting, it seems we are going to have to fill the taxi squad with a bunch of players that we assume nobody will ****** off the waiver wire. Probably why he plucked Djoos so he could use players like Hicketts, McIllrath, Biega and Lashoff for the taxi squad. Probably means Ras, Brome and Smith go to GR as well. unless Svechnikov does not heal. of course what does this mean for players on loan? do they come back to The AHL? can they?

48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

so with GR playing this season, and Yzerman wanting the kids (waiver exempt) to play instead of sitting, it seems we are going to have to fill the taxi squad with a bunch of players that we assume nobody will ****** off the waiver wire. Probably why he plucked Djoos so he could use players like Hicketts, McIllrath, Biega and Lashoff for the taxi squad. Probably means Ras, Brome and Smith go to GR as well. unless Svechnikov does not heal. of course what does this mean for players on loan? do they come back to The AHL? can they?

I dont think biega was ever gonna make the team .... whoever can go to grand rapids without  being claimed will go. Im not sure how that applys to brome but i think he’ll make the club

if im the redwings tough luck nielsen i dont care how it looks but i put him on the taxi squad , with his salary nobody will claim him and if we ever have injuries or a surge of cases he can be called up 

D- stecher hronek djoos staal merrill nementh dekeyser

F- larkin mantha bertuzzi fabbri namestnikov zadina ryan glendening helm filppula brome svechnikov 

thats 12 , think svechnikov makes it cause we’d lose him on waivers and i believe we can have 14 forwards  ... gagner is cheap and doesnt matter if he plays a ton of games or not so i say maybe him and rasmussen(at least till ahl starts)

maybe we lose hirose and/or erne on waivers( wouldnt lose any sleep over either of them)

Taxi squad contenders

nielsen erne hirose turgeon

lashoff biega hicketts 

i dont know the exact rules for taxi squad players but maybe theyll add smith,lindstrom and a few other griffins guys in there for now till the ahl season starts 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Brome will likely make the 23-man roster.

I think all of Rasmussen, Smith and Cholowski have played well enough in training camp / scrimmages to earn a spot. Unfortunately for them, being three of only a handful that are waiver exempt, all three will likely end up on the taxi squad until the AHL season starts up, and then be assigned to GR to get some game action...

What I think we'll see...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Namestnikov - Fabbri - Zadina
Brome - Filppula - Gagner
Smith - Glendening - Erne

Nemeth- Hronek
DeKeyser - Merrill
Staal - Stecher

Bernier / Greiss

IR: Ryan, Helm, Svechnikov (one of the three put on LTIR?), Djoos

Taxi Squad: Nielsen, Hirose, Biega, Lindstrom, Boyle

Grand Rapids: Rasmussen, Pearson, Smith (as soon as one of the three is taken off IR), Cholowski, Pickard

27 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yes - I believe you are right, but the remainder can be a mix of D/forwards, or even possibly an extra goalie on top of the required one.

I am so looking forward to this upcoming season.

So looking forward to Thursday. Drop the puck.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Brome will likely make the 23-man roster.

I think all of Rasmussen, Smith and Cholowski have played well enough in training camp / scrimmages to earn a spot. Unfortunately for them, being three of only a handful that are waiver exempt, all three will likely end up on the taxi squad until the AHL season starts up, and then be assigned to GR to get some game action...

What I think we'll see...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Namestnikov - Fabbri - Zadina
Brome - Filppula - Gagner
Smith - Glendening - Erne

Nemeth- Hronek
DeKeyser - Merrill
Staal - Stecher

Bernier / Greiss

IR: Ryan, Helm, Svechnikov (one of the three put on LTIR?), Djoos

Taxi Squad: Nielsen, Hirose, Biega, Lindstrom, Boyle

Grand Rapids: Rasmussen, Pearson, Smith (as soon as one of the three is taken off IR), Cholowski, Pickard

wait,  what? Ryan and Djoss are injured?

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

wait,  what? Ryan and Djoss are injured?

Ryan, Helm, and Svechnikov are all either injured or out due to Covid protocol.

No, Djoos isn't injured as far as I know. That line of players should have been IR / healthy scratch. Basically the remaining players that make up the 23-man roster. 

Apparently Svechnikov is on waivers... You can't waive a player that is on IR, so I assume that means he's healthy? Hopefully he clears...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ryan, Helm, and Svechnikov are all either injured or out due to Covid protocol.

No, Djoos isn't injured as far as I know. That line of players should have been IR / healthy scratch. Basically the remaining players that make up the 23-man roster. 

Apparently Svechnikov is on waivers... You can't waive a player that is on IR, so I assume that means he's healthy? Hopefully he clears...

Hurricanes will claim him. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Hurricanes will claim him. 

Yeah, like I mentioned in the other thread, I wouldn't mind it to be honest. Kid hasn't had any luck with injuries in Detroit, maybe he can catch a break in Carolina...