• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Season

Rate this topic

So these teams over the cap have until tomorrow to make their LTIR designations or make some deals. The only teams that I see that DO NOT have anyone even listed on IR is Toronto and Vegas, the others all have players listed on IR and for surely will move enough to the LTIR to get under. Interested in seeing what TOR and VEG do.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Nielsen and Erne would have to be waived for the taxi squad. 

All four of those guys would have to clear waivers, but with GR playing, and Yzerman wanting the kids playing (basically the ones with waiver exemption) then our Taxi squad is going to be filled with players that need to clear waivers no matter what. Here who I am going with:

Elson

Barber

Criscuolo

McIllrath

Lashoff

Pickard

Edited by LeftWinger

I've been pleasantly surprised by Jon Merrill and Matthias Brome. Both of those guys are better than I thought they'd be. Namestnikov is as expected (Filppula 2.0), and Stecher has been worse. And Marc Staal blows but we already knew that. Also, anybody seen Anthony Mantha? For some reason I thought he was on this team.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Also, anybody seen Anthony Mantha? For some reason I thought he was on this team.

This is my big take-away from the first handful of games. The dude is a passenger.

i may have to start watching again if bobby ryan keeps it up. ive always been a fan of him. 

too bad to hear about staal. i wanted him years ago. was hoping the change of scenery would bring him back but i guess thats just him now.

2 hours ago, Marcaratac said:

Larkin - on pace for 70 pts, -12
Bertuzzzi - on pace for 58 pts +/- o
Ryan - on pace for 68 pts, +41
Mantha - on pace for 35 pts, -70

Have we identified the problem yet?

One wonders what Yzerman is thinking(and planning to do) when seeing Manthas performence. Considering how hard both Steve and Blashill preach work ethic and competitiveness as a key to avoid a "losing culture" to set in and to do this rebuild right. 

Right now, Mantha is looking like a loser out there. Flashes of brilliance and hot streaks will not make up for it.

Edited by Akakabuto

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2021/02/red-wings-waive-veteran-defenseman-danny-dekeyser.html

he´s not at full strength, still having problems with some nerves in his back, one leg is not feeling right.

And for offense on the blueline, we have to wait till Seider arrives in late april early may. He is leading all U19 in points by a wide margin, 24p, 5g, 19a, six more points than Raymond who is second with 18p 6g 12a.

Seider is also second in the league in +/-, tied for ninth in points by defensemen and is successfully quarterbacking one of Rögle´s pp lines.

ya, this may be the or near the end for DD. If he clears and is out for the rest of the season, I can see a LTIR for his final year. I like DD, but he just did not turn out as he was expected to.  Yzerman is slowly "dealing" with Holland's Red Wing's.  I too hope this means DeAngelo is coming, but I hope it doesn't cost too much in return.

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I wouldn't mind Yzerman picking Galchenyuk off waivers.  BTW, how did he come to be on the Hurricanes? He was signed by Ottawa this off season, but I didn't see any type of prior transaction/waiver movement for him until today.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-acquire-ryan-dzingel-from-carolina-hurricanes-for-cedric-paquette-alex-galchenyuk-1.1592515

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

ya, this may be the or near the end for DD. If he clears and is out for the rest of the season, I can see a LTIR for his final year. I like DD, but he just did not turn out as he was expected to.  Yzerman is slowly "dealing" with Holland's Red Wing's.  I too hope this means DeAngelo is coming, but I hope it doesn't cost too much in return.

He'll be kept around for the expansion draft.

5 hours ago, mrhockey2k said:

If Ryan doesnt wipe well, does he get Dzingel-berries?

Move to center spurs Vladislav Namestnikov's goal-scoring surge for Red Wings

"I like him at center; he seems to be more dynamic as a center, and he's shown more quickness and speed at center than he did on the wing," Blashill said. "He supports the puck and defends pretty well and he's shown pretty good speed."

Of course you like playing a center at center on a team that lacks good centers!