• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Season

Rate this topic

Evgeny Svechnikov might get another opportunity with Red Wings

First off, he’s got to get an opportunity and right now he’s on the outside looking in,” Blashill said. “He’s here as depth right now. … When he’s had that opportunity, he’s played OK. What you need to do to stick is make a huge impact in the game and usually you’re going to do that with about 8-12 minutes, that’s what you normally get when you get called up. And in those 8-12 minutes, you have to be really good. And then the next night, maybe you go from eight to 10, and then 10 to 12 and 12 to 14 and so on. Some guys end up working backward and then they’re not here anymore. All we want is guys who are going to help us win and make big impacts on the game.”

I don't get why guys like Svechnikov and Smith has to make a huge impact to stick around and get minutes and veterans like Nielsen, Helm and Filppula don't. We are in a full blown rebuild, god damnit.

51 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I don't get why guys like Svechnikov and Smith has to make a huge impact to stick around and get minutes and veterans like Nielsen, Helm and Filppula don't. We are in a full blown rebuild, god damnit.

Makes zero sense man , cant wait till blashills f***en gone

10 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Agreed. But you cant just send all the underachieving vets down anymore. You still get stuck with most of their cap hit. It sucks for the kids, but that's what happens when you have a lot of dead weight.

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Solid signing Yzerman A+

Filppula leaves via free agency. Replaced with Stephen Weiss. Weiss bought out. Brad Richards signed to replace Weiss. Sucked and then retired. Nielsen brought in to replace Richards. Nielsen goes downhill fast. Filppula brought back to help stop the decline.

Circle of Life

Circle Of Life Throw GIF - CircleOfLife Throw LionKing GIFs

Yeah. Blashill says "not concussion". And they also speculate that he'd be at least skating if it were his arm/shoulder.

Hopefully it's not: initially hurt his arm, caught Covid while on IR, and is now having Toews/Rossi like complications. 

It would be nice if they could just say......

I just need him to come back so that at least two of my three "bold predictions" will come true. I said he'd outscore Mantha this year. That prediction was looking pretty damn good until Bert got injured. Thank god Mantha blows and hasn't really scored at all in a month and a half. Still have a chance to scratch out a win on that one lol.

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I just need him to come back so that at least two of my three "bold predictions" will come true. I said he'd outscore Mantha this year. That prediction was looking pretty damn good until Bert got injured. Thank god Mantha blows and hasn't really scored at all in a month and a half. Still have a chance to scratch out a win on that one lol.

Ganger is going to outscore Mantha. 

I think Mantha's probably a decent enough player, but this is what happens when a team has no offensively talented centers. I've been saying this for years now, our centers are trash. I like Larkin as a workhorse top six, matchup, guy. And I like all of Glendening, Ras, Veleno, and Pearson as bottom six guys. But we have no centers that are going to elevate a winger's game offensively. It's not surprising that we struggle to score. Until Niederbach we didn't bother drafting offensive centers. Imagine Mantha riding shotgun with a guy who could consistently find him in the offensive zone like a Backstrom or Giroux. He'd definitely be a 30 goal guy. He's just not going to do it for us because A) he's not good enough to do it on his own, and B) Larkin isn't that kind of center.

Edited by kipwinger

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think Mantha's probably a decent enough player, but this is what happens when a team has no offensively talented centers. I've been saying this for years now, our centers are trash. I like Larkin as a workhorse top six, matchup, guy. And I like all of Glendening, Ras, Veleno, and Pearson as bottom six guys. But we have no centers that are going to elevate a winger's game offensively. It's not surprising that we struggle to score. Until Niederbach we didn't both drafting offensive centers. Imagine Mantha riding shotgun with a guy who could consistently find him in the offensive zone like a Backstrom or Girioux. He'd definitely be a 30 goal guy. He's just not going to do it for us because A) he's not good enough to do it on his own, and B) Larkin isn't that kind of center.

Mantha and Zadina are complimentary players and should be traded ASAP. Like you say, we have no core players to put them around. Until we do they're more valuable as trade chips as they will never produce what they could here.