• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Season

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Mantha and Zadina are complimentary players and should be traded ASAP. Like you say, we have no core players to put them around. Until we do they're more valuable as trade chips as they will never produce what they could here.

I'm actually growing fond of Zadina. I don't think he's going to be a stud offensive player, but I'm really liking how he's committed himself to puck retrieval on the forecheck. I'd be thrilled if he modeled his game off Mark Stone. Or Tomas Tatar is probably the poor man's version. 20ish goals, 60ish points, but hellish defensively. I've got plenty of time for wingers like that. Incidentally that's the same type of player Raymond is supposed to be. I DON'T have time for guys like Mantha. 20ish goals, 50ish points, and does absolutely nothing else well. F*ck that guy.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm actually growing fond of Zadina. I don't think he's going to be a stud offensive player, but I'm really liking how he's committed himself to puck retrieval on the forecheck. I'd be thrilled if he modeled his game off Mark Stone. Or Tomas Tatar is probably the poor man's version. 20ish goals, 60ish points, but hellish defensively. I've got plenty of time for wingers like that. Incidentally that's the same type of player Raymond is supposed to be. I DON'T have time for guys like Mantha. 20ish goals, 50ish points, and does absolutely nothing else well. F*ck that guy.

Agreed 100%. Zadina's shot though. I think he'll score 25-30 at least once when he's in his prime (assuming the PP gets fixed in the next 5 years and he gets to play with a true playmaking C). But I like that he's looking after the rest of his game (maybe Blashill deserves some credit for this)

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Zadina is crap. His stick work on D is great if only he knew which area of the ice to go to to use it. Tatar is a better player and will have a better career.

Hell, if Larkin and AA can score 30 I don't see why he couldn't. Especially if he's with a playmaker as you said. Imagine him with a Trevor Zegras level passer for the next few years. That's why I like Kent Johnson in this year's draft. He's the only center with that kind of offensive creativity. I suspect if we draft a center though it will be Beniers or Eklund. Kris Draper said he "knows what a Red Wing looks like" and these days that looks a lot more like Zetterberg than it does Yzerman, or Fedorov, or Datsyuk apparently.

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed 100%. Zadina's shot though. I think he'll score 25-30 at least once when he's in his prime (assuming the PP gets fixed in the next 5 years and he gets to play with a true playmaking C). But I like that he's looking after the rest of his game (maybe Blashill deserves some credit for this)

Pass the blunt plz and thank you

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Zadina is crap. His stick work on D is great if only he knew which area of the ice to go to to use it. Tatar is a better player and will have a better career.

I'm not sure I agree. While he hasn't scored a lot this year, off the top of my head I can think of at least two of his assists (in one game) were on plays were he forecheck hard, stripped the puck from the opposition, and made plays to find open teammates for goals.

Tatar probably will have the better career, or at least the odds suggest he will, but that belies just how good Tatar is. He's consistently underrated. The guy's a 20/50 guy every year like clockwork, plays in all three zones, and is a possession monster. He's a better winger that probably 85% of the NHL.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not sure I agree. While he hasn't scored a lot this year, off the top of my head I can think of at least two of his assists (in one game) were on plays were he forecheck hard, stripped the puck from the opposition, and made plays to find open teammates for goals.

Tatar probably will have the better career, or at least the odds suggest he will, but that belies just how good Tatar is. He's consistently underrated. The guy's a 20/50 guy every year like clockwork, plays in all three zones, and is a possession monster. He's a better winger that probably 85% of the NHL.

Yeah I nearly changed my opinion on Zadina after that (one game). Foolish thinking looking back. Believe it or not I desperately want him to be successful, he has an extremely good tool box. He's just too stupid to put it to work properly.

IDK how either of you can watch the last 20 games and pretend his body of work is good.

Sure Tatar may very well be underrated for a winger. We should have kept Tatar and traded Zadina then.

10 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Yeah I nearly changed my opinion on Zadina after that (one game). Foolish thinking looking back. Believe it or not I desperately want him to be successful, he has an extremely good tool box. He's just too stupid to put it to work properly.

IDK how either of you can watch the last 20 games and pretend his body of work is good.

Sure Tatar may very well be underrated for a winger. We should have kept Tatar and traded Zadina then.

I take it back. I'd rather you talk about Donald and Marjorie 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I take it back. I'd rather you talk about Donald and Marjorie 

Here's an analogy that might work for you:

Zadina is Bernie Sanders. He appears great. Expectations are over the moon. But in reality he will never accomplish anything and is a waste of time.

6 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Here's an analogy that might work for you:

Zadina is Bernie Sanders. He appears great. Expectations are over the moon. But in reality he will never accomplish anything and is a waste of time.

If only his shot were as fast and hard to see as a Rothschild space lazer eh? 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If only his shot were as fast and hard to see as a Rothschild space lazer eh? 

Hey dumbie, the Rothschilds can't even begin to build a space lazer without approval from the other 12 families and the house of Saud. Get real.

The remaining 12 games of the season:

DATE 

OPPONENT  TIME TV  
Fri, Apr 16
vs   Chicago   Chicago
1:30 AM    
Sun, Apr 18
vs   Chicago   Chicago
1:00 AM    
Tue, Apr 20
@   Dallas   Dallas
1:30 AM