• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

Seattle Expansion Draft: Who you pick?

Rate this topic

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Erne or Smith may also be available.

Namestnikov would have only one yr left at the expansion draft.

Unless we make some trades and add someone i cant see any scenario where erne isnt on the protection list and smith as well unless we add someone but erne for sure will be on it with his recent surge and yzerman having had traded for him

namestnikov has zero buisness being protected

31 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Unless we make some trades and add someone i cant see any scenario where erne isnt on the protection list and smith as well unless we add someone but erne for sure will be on it with his recent surge and yzerman having had traded for him

My point was that if any of these 3 are available, I think Seattle takes a F.

I think you have to expose one of Stecher or Lindstrom, and keep Cholowski the more I think about it. And I hate Cholo. Stecher and Lindstrom are just expendable at this point with the amount of RHD in the system.

1. Seider
2. Hronek
3. 1 of Stecher/Lindstrom

14 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I think you have to expose one of Stecher or Lindstrom, and keep Cholowski the more I think about it. And I hate Cholo. Stecher and Lindstrom are just expendable at this point with the amount of RHD in the system.

1. Seider
2. Hronek
3. 1 of Stecher/Lindstrom

Agreed. I'd go Hronek, Cholo, Lindstrom at this point. I like Stecher, but there are a dozen UFA Stechers every year.  

Up front I go with Larkin, Bert, Fabbri, Vrana, Ras, Erne, Smith.

Svech has done nothing to show he deserves protection. Not only that, he has shown no reason for Seattle to draft him. Why waste a protection spot on him? 

Like Stecher, Namestnikov is a guy you can replace in UFA easily. Why waste a spot on him over a young player? Plus, Stecher and Namestnikov are both UFA in a year themselves.

Erne earned a spot with his play this season. Smith has an element to his game nobody else in the system has, and that we can use in the lineup now. I'm indifferent with Hirose. Skilled guy, but not the type of player who will be around when it matters. 

27 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Agreed. I'd go Hronek, Cholo, Lindstrom at this point. I like Stecher, but there are a dozen UFA Stechers every year.  

Up front I go with Larkin, Bert, Fabbri, Vrana, Ras, Erne, Smith.

Svech has done nothing to show he deserves protection. Not only that, he has shown no reason for Seattle to draft him. Why waste a protection spot on him? 

Like Stecher, Namestnikov is a guy you can replace in UFA easily. Why waste a spot on him over a young player? Plus, Stecher and Namestnikov are both UFA in a year themselves.

Erne earned a spot with his play this season. Smith has an element to his game nobody else in the system has, and that we can use in the lineup now. I'm indifferent with Hirose. Skilled guy, but not the type of player who will be around when it matters. 

Agreed with all. Hirose is too small to ever play in the NHL full time. He's still listed at 160 lbs everywhere I look. And he's not Johnny hockey level skilled.

17 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Agreed with all. Hirose is too small to ever play in the NHL full time. He's still listed at 160 lbs everywhere I look. And he's not Johnny hockey level skilled.

Yeah Hirose is a good guy to have in the system when you need a call up in a pinch. Nothing more. I'd play Neilsen over Hirose all day long. 

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I feel comfortable going in to this exp draft. No matter how I look at it I cant see Detroit losing anything of importance. Just make sure that we keep both goalies. 

Nosek is a 38 pt pace 3rd liner
Larkin was on pace for 43 pts

5 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I feel comfortable going in to this exp draft. No matter how I look at it I cant see Detroit losing anything of importance. Just make sure that we keep both goalies. 

Unless trades happen i see us protecting larkin vrana bertuzzi fabbri rasmussen erne smith and stecher cholowski hronek on d ... cant see us exposing stetcher , if he produces the same again next season he should provide us with a good pick next trade deadline ... he’d have a higher return than a lindstrom atm who at the end of the day is a 3rd pairing dman and can be replaced

Likely one of svechnikov/lindstrom/panik/namestnikov/hirose will be taken and like you said no matter what we’ll be fine... depending what other teams have available i can see lindstrom being the likely guy taken 

Not a hot take at all but I would hope teams , especially in the Western Conference, will have learned their lesson after the Vegas expansion. If I'm St Louis I'd much rather Detroit take Dunn off my hands for a pick than a) loose him for nothing b) help out a potential future conference viral. 

On 4/21/2021 at 4:24 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

I do believe that Erne took Namestnikov's protection away. I am still hoping that Yzerman protects Stecher.

Here is my updated list:

Larkin, Vrana, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, Erne, Fabbri and, yes Glendening.

Hronek, Lindstrom(or Cholowski), Stecher

Greiss

...the reason I protected Glenny is a team like Seattle might really want the type of player and locker room guy he is. I know that leaves Svech and Smith exposed, but I just feel that if Glenny was left open, he'd be taken. Especially all the hype he's gotten around TDL's in the last couple of season's. I am thinking with the likes of Namestnikov and Panik being exposed, we might be safe with not losing Svech or Smith, although I do believe Svech's time is up. Maybe Yzerman works out a trade with Seattle to take Svech...

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I do believe that Erne took Namestnikov's protection away. I am still hoping that Yzerman protects Stecher.

Here is my updated list:

Greiss

...the reason I protected Glenny is a team like Seattle might really want the type of player and locker room guy he is. I know that leaves Svech and Smith exposed, but I just feel that if Glenny was left open, he'd be taken. Especially all the hype he's gotten around TDL's in the last couple of season's. I am thinking with the likes of Namestnikov and Panik being exposed, we might be safe with not losing Svech or Smith, although I do believe Svech's time is up. Maybe Yzerman works out a trade with Seattle to take Svech...

As far as I'm concerned Svech/Cholo can be left unprotected.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here is my updated list:

Greiss

Glendening is an UFA. He can't be protected unless he is re-signed before the expansion draft.

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here is my updated list:

Greiss

Glendening isn't worth protecting, Noway i'm protecting Glendening say over Givani Smith. This is bad asset management.

35 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Which is why they will just wait until the first day of free agency to re-sign him.

Exactly, Same with Jonathon Bernier Yzerman will have deals in place for both Berny and Glenny. And they sign on July 22nd after the expansion draft.