• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gniwder

Tony DeAngelo

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Oh, I thought you were aware. Please allow me to enlighten you. It is customary within the metal community to sport long hair, as it is traditionally a symbol of non-conformity. And it looks pretty sweet when you're head bangin.

Henry Rollins

What are you talking about?!?!

ADA forfeits his money if he opts for the termination.

Fun fact: The highest ever dollar per game player is Sergei Fedorov at 1.3 mil per game during the 1997/98 season.
That will soon be passed by ADA at $1.6 mil per game for 6 games this season.

8 hours ago, Gniwder said:

ADA forfeits his money if he opts for the termination.

Fun fact: The highest ever dollar per game player is Sergei Fedorov at 1.3 mil per game during the 1997/98 season.
That will soon be passed by ADA at $1.6 mil per game for 6 games this season.

So he waits till summer collects $$ then signs a cheap prove it contract ? If he isn't really a ****** take a flyer on him at that point?

15 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So he waits till summer collects $$ then signs a cheap prove it contract ? If he isn't really a ****** take a flyer on him at that point?

FWIW Yzerman drafted him and was supposedly inquiring about him after he was waived early this season. Then Marc Staal said in an interview that a bunch of Red Wings were asking him about DeAngelo. So I don't think it's impossible that he's a Red Wing by next season. Don't know how I feel about that, but it seems like it could happen.

58 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

FWIW Yzerman drafted him and was supposedly inquiring about him after he was waived early this season. Then Marc Staal said in an interview that a bunch of Red Wings were asking him about DeAngelo. So I don't think it's impossible that he's a Red Wing by next season. Don't know how I feel about that, but it seems like it could happen.

I know hes a giant ****** but if he can keep it in check for a year and produce id 100% sign him to flip him at the deadline, he might actually fetch us a 1st provided he’d still be an rfa after next season and a team can resign him

its a risk but we’re rebuilding and it can turn a free asset into a first . No brainer for me ... obviously make it clear to him first f*** up he does and hes gone. Im sure he knows his career is on the line

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

its a risk but we’re rebuilding and it can turn a free asset into a first . No brainer for me ... obviously make it clear to him first f*** up he does and hes gone. Im sure he knows his career is on the line

The problem is NYR made this pretty clear to him too. He had received his final warning. Didn't stop him. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The problem is NYR made this pretty clear to him too. He had received his final warning. Didn't stop him. 

Pretty sure seeing how it turned out for him afterwards and how he couldnt even get a gig in the ahl has woken him up by now . If it didnt nothing will but i still think its worth the gamble for the payoff , we have literally nothing to lose

plus no better option in free agency , that being said im sure he’ll find a better team to go anyways

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Pretty sure seeing how it turned out for him afterwards and how he couldnt even get a gig in the ahl has woken him up by now . If it didnt nothing will but i still think its worth the gamble for the payoff , we have literally nothing to lose

plus no better option in free agency , that being said im sure he’ll find a better team to go anyways

Sometimes folks have to hit the very bottom. Either they fight to come back or they don't. Offer a hand up like Tampa Bay did with Antonio Brown.  With the agreement no misunderstanding that with the very very very first f'up you are gone period end of story. My guess our GM isn't the type to p*ssyfoot around with things like that anyways. 

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Sometimes folks have to hit the very bottom. Either they fight to come back or they don't. Offer a hand up like Tampa Bay did with Antonio Brown.  With the agreement no misunderstanding that with the very very very first f'up you are gone period end of story. My guess our GM isn't the type to p*ssyfoot around with things like that anyways. 

Yup ,and i wouldnt be surpised if stevie wants nothing to do with deangelo and i couldnt blame him but we’re rebuilding and if taking deangelo for one year can result in us getting a 1st at the deadline we have to do it 

we’ll see what happens, id suspect he’ll go to like florida, low taxes and racists no? He’ll like it

37 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yup ,and i wouldnt be surpised if stevie wants nothing to do with deangelo and i couldnt blame him but we’re rebuilding and if taking deangelo for one year can result in us getting a 1st at the deadline we have to do it 

we’ll see what happens, id suspect he’ll go to like florida, low taxes and racists no? He’ll like it

Too many old jews and Cubans. He'll hate it.

Edited by Gniwder

52 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The full video is worth the watch. I don't know why TDA's father saying "I use slurs and foul language and cuss" is being treated like some sort of slam dunk against TDA. He's a blue collar guy from Trenton NJ. These are the kinda dudes who say crap like "good to see ya you dirty cock sucka" in a loving way. Are we so sheltered these days that no one understands that ppl actually talk like this? Any job I ever had in a kitchen I heard the nastiest rudest raunchiest crap imaginable on a daily basis. From women, men, blacks, Mexicans, whites, managers, coworkers. I mean is it technically impolite and wrong to talk this way? Yeah sure. But 99% of it is ribbing and BS. Maybe I'm just numb to it, but IMHO the church law pearl clutching that is back in style these days is so lame.

I call BS...

You never worked in a kitchen nor any manual labor job you lace curtain pansy.

5 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The full video is worth the watch. I don't know why TDA's father saying "I use slurs and foul language and cuss" is being treated like some sort of slam dunk against TDA. He's a blue collar guy from Trenton NJ. These are the kinda dudes who say crap like "good to see ya you dirty cock sucka" in a loving way. Are we so sheltered these days that no one understands that ppl actually talk like this? Any job I ever had in a kitchen I heard the nastiest rudest raunchiest crap imaginable on a daily basis. From women, men, blacks, Mexicans, whites, managers, coworkers. I mean is it technically impolite and wrong to talk this way? Yeah sure. But 99% of it is ribbing and BS. Maybe I'm just numb to it, but IMHO the church law pearl clutching that is back in style these days is so lame.

The woke crowd of today is most definitely not church folk.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I'd argue they're the same folks who would have shunned you from society for violating church law 200 years ago

They just swapped god for wokeness

Those people still exist too. They're just opposite sides of the same coin.

47 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Kotka on pace for 29 pts, $6.1 million

TDA on pace for 78 pts, $1 million

Egg still on the Habs face here. Kotka as a #3 pick in that draft was hilarious. I guess that BPA thing has some weight after all. 

Canes took a small risk that so far isn't really paying off. But hey, it's a one year deal. And not the biggest draft pick loss based on where they will finish in the standings. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Egg still on the Habs face here. Kotka as a #3 pick in that draft was hilarious. I guess that BPA thing has some weight after all. 

Canes took a small risk that so far isn't really paying off. But hey, it's a one year deal. And not the biggest draft pick loss based on where they will finish in the standings. 

Definitely was a BAD pick in the draft at #3 overall. But the Canes essentially bailed the Habs out by gifting them a 1st + 3rd for their bad draft pick. Kotka would have done more harm to the Habs staying on the roster and then being traded for a 3rd down the road. 

52 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Kotka on pace for 29 pts, $6.1 million

these $6.1m were just to put MTL in a tough spot. They will resign him to a fair contract, depending on production.