• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

2/15 GDT - Blackhawks at Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I would give anything if Detroit had another halfway decent center. I have no idea why this isn't a burning issue for them considering we've been looking for a 2C since signing Stephen Weiss.

well, it sure is a burning issue, but I think this year we have to live with the fact that we have to try the players we have and if they all fail at center we can upgrade next season.

This season we have to try them all, look were they fit on the depth chart and go from there. It´s the first time in years, that we can look what´s in the system, because so much dead weight is gone. The most important thing is the way they play and that looks a lot better than last season.

5 hours ago, ely s said:

well, it sure is a burning issue, but I think this year we have to live with the fact that we have to try the players we have and if they all fail at center we can upgrade next season.

This season we have to try them all, look were they fit on the depth chart and go from there. It´s the first time in years, that we can look what´s in the system, because so much dead weight is gone. The most important thing is the way they play and that looks a lot better than last season.

I completely agree with the bolded. I'm typically very happy after these games, even when they lose. For a few years people kept saying that they were a team that didn't have the horses, but they played like a team that didn't have a clue. NOW we look like a competent hockey team...that just doesn't have the horses.

Except for the powerplay. Holy hell that powerplay is shameful. I have no idea how they can't scrape together ONE decent powerplay unit out of Larkin, Mantha, Hronek, Rabbri, Ryan, Gagner, Bert, Zadina. Any five of those guys should be able to score...sometimes?

40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I completely agree with the bolded. I'm typically very happy after these games, even when they lose. For a few years people kept saying that they were a team that didn't have the horses, but they played like a team that didn't have a clue. NOW we look like a competent hockey team...that just doesn't have the horses.

Except for the powerplay. Holy hell that powerplay is shameful. I have no idea how they can't scrape together ONE decent powerplay unit out of Larkin, Mantha, Hronek, Rabbri, Ryan, Gagner, Bert, Zadina. Any five of those guys should be able to score...sometimes?

The last 3 games the effort was there. The 1st few games not so much.

Not only the power play, but 5 on 5 scoring is terrible. They are getting chances, but cannot finish.

Team has improved defensively by almost an entire goal against compared to this stage last season. Imagine how much better that stat would be if not for all the Covid protocol roster issues early on. 

The first 4 games the roaster showed continued improvement. Then Covid losses. But ever since players came back (specifically most of the second line), I've been pretty happy with how things have gone. These one goal losses will eventually start to turn into one goal wins. 

another one goal loss. PP is horrible still...imagine if we had a PP quarterback that could turn our 1 goal deficits into 1 goal gains?  (DeAngelo)

I am honestly very disappointed in Hronek's play. But is that because he may not be as good as we thought, or is it the coaching? I blame the coaches for a lot when it comes to making plays and technical issues, but at some point it has to go on the players decisions (or lack of) on the ice as well.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

another one goal loss. PP is horrible still...imagine if we had a PP quarterback that could turn our 1 goal deficits into 1 goal gains?  (DeAngelo)

I am honestly very disappointed in Hronek's play. But is that because he may not be as good as we thought, or is it the coaching? I blame the coaches for a lot when it comes to making plays and technical issues, but at some point it has to go on the players decisions (or lack of) on the ice as well.

Apparently playing the most minutes on the team, and being tied for the team lead (with Larkin and Mantha) in points as a defenseman is "disappointing"? Nah. Find another whipping boy. Hronek is FAR from a problem.