• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gniwder

Wings interested in Damir Zhafyarov

Rate this topic

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/news/chikago-i-detroyt-interesuyutsya-zhafyarovym-1758512/

Article in Russian.

He's 26 with 58 pts in 54 KHL games this season. Don't know much else about him. Most likely overlooked due to his size. 5'9" and 170 lbs. Chicago is the other team pursuing him. Says he is determined to come west and join the NHL. His contract in the KHL expires on April 30th.

Edited by Gniwder

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

These FA signings from KHL seems very boom or bust. Hope we get him!

Ya pass , we got a bunch of kids coming next  Year . Panarin’s probably like the only euro thats worked out 

id probably go after soderbloms brother whos a younger goalie and maybe some khl goalie whos like 23 and under and hope one strikes .... mikko lehtonen was like the khl’s all star defensemen and signed with toronto and ive barely heard of him, heck even ncaa college free agents have been a dud ... we should probably stay away from anyone 24+ whos a free agent , not a good track record

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya pass , we got a bunch of kids coming next  Year . Panarin’s probably like the only euro thats worked out 

id probably go after soderbloms brother whos a younger goalie and maybe some khl goalie whos like 23 and under and hope one strikes .... mikko lehtonen was like the khl’s all star defensemen and signed with toronto and ive barely heard of him, heck even ncaa college free agents have been a dud ... we should probably stay away from anyone 24+ whos a free agent , not a good track record

Still worth a shot.

23 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I totally forgot Panarin went undrafted, then in his debut with Vityaz only recorded 18 points in 40 games.

Id take shots on these types of players all day long if we can land them.  The chances of it working out is slim but theres still a chance...We need all the draft picks and over sea's FA signings we can get so our odds of success increases exponentially 

17 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:I totally forgot Panarin went undrafted, then in his debut with Vityaz only recorded 18 points in 40 games.

Id take shots on these types of players all day long if we can land them.  The chances of it working out is slim but theres still a chance...We need all the draft picks and over sea's FA signings we can get so our odds of success increases exponentially 

Hes gonna be 27, id have no interest 23-24 max and id target a few goalies 

we’ll see what happens

I always get a kick out of the people who say they're not interested in these types of deals. Most don't work out, but that's not the point. There's zero risk and the history of the NHL is littered with undrafted guys, over-agers, and free agent euros who make this type of gamble worth while. Datsyuk was an over-ager when he was drafted. Martin St. Louis was undrafted. Panarin was a free agent euro. If I were a GM I'd take a swing on these guys every year. It only takes one Mark Giordano to make the effort worth it regardless of how many other guys wash out.

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Free assets, man. If he’s a hit we can flip him for more picks. If not, no loss. 

True but history has shown not much has come from these signings , especially older guys id rather start giving the kids more games personally , whatever happens happens

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I always get a kick out of the people who say they're not interested in these types of deals. Most don't work out, but that's not the point. There's zero risk and the history of the NHL is littered with undrafted guys, over-agers, and free agent euros who make this type of gamble worth while. Datsyuk was an over-ager when he was drafted. Martin St. Louis was undrafted. Panarin was a free agent euro. If I were a GM I'd take a swing on these guys every year. It only takes one Mark Giordano to make the effort worth it regardless of how many other guys wash out.

Yes most dont work , especially older players if we can land a 19-22 yr old undrafted sure but why bother go after a 5’9 27 yr old when we have smith,rasmussen,Svechnikov,hirose already and a bunch of kids coming?

signing someone older isnt a risk , i just see it as pointless  as almost none work out and with all the kids we have waiting for a shot

Edited by nyqvististhefuture