• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

Just now, kliq said:

Man f*** that guy. Second time he has taken a cheap shot to a Wings captain, pretty sure he gave Zetterberg a concussion with a punch to the back of the head years ago. Hopefully the league actually does something this time.

They won't 

On 4/23/2021 at 1:04 PM, marcaractac said:

Larkin confirmed out for the season. Injury was caused by a s***ty Jamie Benn crosscheck to the back of the neck while he was down on the ice. 

I can't believe that the league hasn't looked into the BS cross check into the neck of Larkin, Can guarantee if any Wings player had done that they'd be suspended by now.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:59 PM, kliq said:

Man f*** that guy. Second time he has taken a cheap shot to a Wings captain, pretty sure he gave Zetterberg a concussion with a punch to the back of the head years ago. Hopefully the league actually does something this time.

Gudas was the cheap piece of crap that gave Franzen the career ending concussion when he suckered punched him to the head. I was at that game in Tampa and it was so obvious. If a Wings player does it it's automatic suspension other teams not so much.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Who's gonna take Texas justice out on Benn? No one left on the roster to police this.

Regula for Perlini was pretty bad. But Stephen will never live down releasing Witkowski. 

Phillip Danault rumored to have turned down a 5x5 extension from Bergy
If he wants money, we can afford him...

Werenski fired his agent. Not sure what that means, but he has one year left of RFA control with the jackets (needs an extension) and is Larkin's BFF and Michigan native.

1 minute ago, Gniwder said:

Phillip Danault rumored to have turned down a 5x5 extension from Bergy
If he wants money, we can afford him...

Werenski fired his agent. Not sure what that means, but he has one year left of RFA control with the jackets (needs an extension) and is Larkin's BFF and Michigan native.

No thanks to Danault. Need a top 6 C with waaaaay more skill. Basically another sort-of Larkin. Annnd he's 28. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No thanks to Danault. Need a top 6 C with waaaaay more skill. Basically another sort-of Larkin. Annnd he's 28. 

Danault on pace for 38 pts
Namestnikov on pace for 24 pts

Danault is a career 42 pt center
Names is a career 35 pt center

For the price and the term I'm happy to just stick with Namestnikov as the 2C as well. Danault is betting on himself hard.

59 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Danault on pace for 38 pts
Namestnikov on pace for 24 pts

Danault is a career 42 pt center
Names is a career 35 pt center

For the price and the term I'm happy to just stick with Namestnikov as the 2C as well. Danault is betting on himself hard.

Danault playing for Detroit=25 pts

36 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Danault playing for Detroit=25 pts

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Namestnikov was on pace for 38 pts with Ottawa. At 28/29 I'm hoping he can bounce back to those numbers on a similarly bad team.

29 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

which LGWs member was on Danault's lap saying he was some type of Selke caliber player? 

@Dabura

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I want this guy on our team sooooo f*cking bad.

20 years ago this would be somewhat of a regular or accepted thing. Now it's "just horrible" and shows "zero respect".

I remember arguing with @frankgrimes about Brain McGrattan almost everyday. I'm not in favor of a knuckle dragger who is an absolute pylon and that's their only value is fighting. But a big nasty SOB who can contribute 50 pts a season like a Probert or Wilson is the stuff of dreams and I'd absolutely take one. 

1 minute ago, Gniwder said:

20 years ago this would be somewhat of a regular or accepted thing. Now it's "just horrible" and shows "zero respect".

I remember arguing with @frankgrimes about Brain McGrattan almost everyday. I'm not in favor of a knuckle dragger who is an absolute pylon and that's their only value is fighting. But a big nasty SOB who can contribute 50 pts a season like a Probert or Wilson is the stuff of dreams and I'd absolutely take one. 

I agree with all that, but I mostly just want someone like Wilson because he plays like he's got a pulse. Our entire team (aside from Namestnikov weirdly) plays like a bunch of robots. I've said this before, many many times, but this team needs its own version of when Rasheed Wallace came to the Pistons. A little swagger would go a long way.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I agree with all that, but I mostly just want someone like Wilson because he plays like he's got a pulse. Our entire team (aside from Namestnikov weirdly) plays like a bunch of robots. I've said this before, many many times, but this team needs its own version of when Rasheed Wallace came to the Pistons. A little swagger would go a long way.

A lot of that is Blashills coaching. He kills swagger. Admitted so himself.

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

A lot of that is Blashills coaching. He kills swagger. Admitted so himself.

I think that's probably true, and not necessarily a bad thing when you're trying to teach really young players how to play the game properly. Better to drill the fundamentals and keep the freewheeling out of their game until they've learned when/how to take the risk. But as we attempt to round the corner and start being competitive again we're going to need guys who can ratchet up the intensity a bit. Tom Wilson can definitely ratchet up the f*cking intensity.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think that's probably true, and not necessarily a bad thing when you're trying to teach really young players how to play the game properly. Better to drill the fundamentals and keep the freewheeling out of their game until they've learned when/how to take the risk. But as we attempt to round the corner and start being competitive again we're going to need guys who can ratchet up the intensity a bit. Tom Wilson can definitely ratchet up the f*cking intensity.

I think some of it is also a heritage from Babs. He wasn’t a big fan of character players either and coached a just as non-eventfull hockey.

I miss Bert this season. 

9 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I think some of it is also a heritage from Babs. He wasn’t a big fan of character players either and coached a just as non-eventfull hockey.

I miss Bert this season. 

Bertuzzi's swagger is not containable. You can only hope to manage it.

vi32as30lp731.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Bertuzzi's swagger is not containable. You can only hope to manage it.

vi32as30lp731.jpg

When I look at this picture it's easy to focus on the shirt or the tattoos as visual evidence of his "don't-give-a-f***-ness", but the backward visor really is the icing on the cake. This guy f***s.