• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

This is going to be so bittersweet for you. Yzerman is going to let Blashill go, and then hire Lane Lambert (Blashill 2.0). We'll lose every game 1-0. The defense will be glorious.

Not hearing Blashill's voice will be reward enough...  I'm also quite convinced we'll hire Gerard, not Lane.

Just now, mackel said:

Not hearing Blashill's voice will be reward enough...  I'm also quite convinced we'll hire Gerard, not Lane.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when Steve Yzerman was 30 years old, slow, and broken, he started played defense because Scotty Bowman is magic. Ipso facto, Steve Yzerman now hates offense and finds goal scoring entirely incidental. Lane Lambert will be the hire. Defense now, defense forever.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when Steve Yzerman was 30 years old, slow, and broken, he started played defense because Scotty Bowman is magic. Ipso facto, Steve Yzerman now hates offense and finds goal scoring entirely incidental. Lane Lambert will be the hire. Defense now, defense forever.

Is that an attempt at a sarcastic joke?

15 minutes ago, mackel said:

Is that an attempt at a sarcastic joke?

Yes. I’m making fun of Red Wings folklore because it’s stupid. Yours just happened to be the post I chose to do so with lol. 

15 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Now Zadorov is at the top of my list. But Chicago has him under RFA control.

Psh. Yzerman is, if nothing else, a trade ninja.

15 hours ago, Gniwder said:

I watched Kulikov for one season in Buffalo. He should go to a cup contender and play the passive defensive role he's used to.

Why did you watch Sabres hockey? I know you were/are in the area...but, still. What is wrong with you? Why do you hate yourself so much?

12 hours ago, mackel said:

Is today the day, the long awaited day, where we fire Blashill...  please God, please!

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This is going to be so bittersweet for you. Yzerman is going to let Blashill go, and then hire Lane Lambert (Blashill 2.0). We'll lose every game 1-0. The defense will be glorious.

AYO I HEARD Y'ALL LIKE DEFENSE

Torts.jpg

25 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

I feel like if Blashill wasn't coming back it would have been announced by now...he'll be back for 2 years I'd say.

Yeah 2 years makes sense. Long enough to see what he can do with more talent joining the roster over the next two seasons. Yet short enough to move on if need be. 

56 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

I feel like if Blashill wasn't coming back it would have been announced by now...he'll be back for 2 years I'd say.

30 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah 2 years makes sense. Long enough to see what he can do with more talent joining the roster over the next two seasons. Yet short enough to move on if need be. 

Agreed, they're working on an extension. If he was gone they'd say he's gone, but if he's staying they're not going to announce it until there's a deal. Otherwise management would essentially be handing over some of their leverage in the contract negotiation.

1 hour ago, Wings3:16 said:

You’re probably right. Though I’m holding on to hope that they are just waiting ’til after exit interviews for any announcement. 

1 hour ago, Wings3:16 said:

Makes the most sense IMO. He's been a good soldier. One year = placeholder, two years = a little more respect + opportunity. 

I'm here for it. 

48 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

1+1, second year being optional. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sam Reinhart  - > I need to get out out of this s*** hole basement dweller team. Please TRADE MEEEEEEEEEE

GM SY -> Welcome to Detroit, Sam 

Reinhart + Seider + a little health luck and this is a pretty fun team next season. Enough to get out of the bottom 10 even. Then add Raymond and Berggren a year later.

Would give us a good 2C, which would also help Larkin a lot.

Edited by marcaractac

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Reinhart + Seider + a little health luck and this is a pretty fun team next season. Enough to get out of the bottom 10 even. Then add Raymond and Berggren a year later.

Would give us a good 2C, which would also help Larkin a lot.

OK. What would you give up? 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

OK. What would you give up? 

No idea. I'd avoid giving up roster players. Would top 5 protect any potential 1st rounder.

Start with maybe the Caps pick and a prospect to start a conversation.

Edited by marcaractac

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

No idea. I'd avoid giving up roster players. Would top 5 protect any potential 1st rounder.

Start with maybe the Caps pick and a prospect to start a conversation.

Former #2 pick. Prime. Has emerged as a 60-70 pt player. 

Let me ask you this. What would you expect to get back in a Larkin trade? Because that's what it would cost. Edit: Or more. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Former #2 pick. Prime. Has emerged as a 60-70 pt player. 

Let me ask you this. What would you expect to get back in a Larkin trade? Because that's what it would cost. Edit: Or more. 

Like I said. Conversation starter, not final cost. Also, if he wants out, Sabres negotiate from a position of weakness.

He's also not under contract next season as an RFA. 

Edited by marcaractac

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Like I said. Conversation starter, not final cost. Also, if he wants out, Sabres negotiate from a position of weakness.

He's also not under contract next season as an RFA. 

I think you'd be looking at this year's 1st, provided it's in the 6 - 9 range. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think you'd be looking at this year's 1st, provided it's in the 6 - 9 range. 

And maybe that is the right move to make. I;d certainly start with the Caps pick and a prospect first, then try adding our second, etc. Our first would be my last resort, but I'd part with it if lottery protected, as I'm not sure I;d give up a shot at Owen Power for Reinhart.

Better yet: Caps first, B prospect, take on Okposo. 

Edited by marcaractac

Just now, marcaractac said:

And maybe that is the right move to make. I;d certainly start with the Caps pick and a prospect first, then try adding our second, etc. Our first would be my last resort, but I'd part with it if lottery protected, as I'm not sure I;d give up a shot at Owen Power for Reinhart.

This kind of trade would most likely happen around the draft. So the wings draft position would be decided. 

Glad you appreciate what it would cost to get him. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This kind of trade would most likely happen around the draft. So the wings draft position would be decided. 

Glad you appreciate what it would cost to get him. 

Oh I do. You just don't start off with your best offer off the bat haha. I bet if you take on Okposo you might get away with the Caps pick though

The number of top six centers supposedly on the market, and the number of teams expecting something similar back might make a lot of these trades a wash. Eichel, Reinhart, Kuznetsov, Monahan, Duchene, Johansen, Domi may just all sorta get traded for one another. I can see a world where Monahan plus could get an Eichel deal done. That type of thing.

19 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Oh I do. You just don't start off with your best offer off the bat haha. I bet if you take on Okposo you might get away with the Caps pick though

This is why I like the idea of Johansen, because he IS the bad contract. But one we can easily stomach considering his age and our team's needs. I think the ask for him is quite a lot lower than someone who doesn't have the baggage.

13 hours ago, Dabura said:

Why did you watch Sabres hockey? I know you were/are in the area...but, still. What is wrong with you? Why do you hate yourself so much?

Buffalo fans are super loyal and active. It's crazy. I admire their retarded loyalty in the face of maddening incompetence.
How the MLB and NBA haven't expanded here is crazy. Buffalo morons would rep that crap hard.
I've been back in Buffalo for the last 9 months but I want out again. Denver or New Orleans is where I'm leaning.

>Leino
>Ehrhoff
>Skinner

They never cease to impress me.

I would be very happy to pick their carcass of Eichel or Reinhart

Edited by Gniwder

3 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Buffalo fans are super loyal and active. It's crazy. I admire their retarded loyalty in the face of maddening incompetence.
How the MLB and NBA haven't expanded here is crazy. Buffalo morons would rep that crap hard.
I've been back in Buffalo for the last 9 months but I want out again. Denver or New Orleans is where I'm leaning.

>Leino
>Ehrhoff
>Skinner

They never cease to impress me.

I would be very happy to pick their carcass of Eichel or Reinhart

Can confirm. My lady is from Buffalo, been there many times, and have always loved how Buffalo residents are ALL ABOUT Buffalo stuff. I love that town though. It reminds me of mini Detroit. However, I was once in a brewery in Buffalo and was making conversation with some gals and made an offhand remark to one of them about how Buffalo is culturally mid-western (they are) and she WAS NOT having it. Must have been from Rochester or Ithaca.