• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Can confirm. My lady is from Buffalo, been there many times, and have always loved how Buffalo residents are ALL ABOUT Buffalo stuff. I love that town though. It reminds me of mini Detroit. However, I was once in a brewery in Buffalo and was making conversation with some gals and made an offhand remark to one of them about how Buffalo is culturally mid-western (they are) and she WAS NOT having it. Must have been from Rochester or Ithaca.

Lol IMO Rochester is midwestern too.

My personal critique of upstate NY is the goddamn Italians. Christ I get it. You're Italian. This isn't NYC. I don't care. Stop telling me you're Italian and making everything Italian. At least in Detroit the Poles don't try to make everything Polish.

Also my old lady is from here and Italian. I hate her.

I like Buffalo though. I feel at home in run down rust belt garbage.

Just now, Gniwder said:

My personal critique of upstate NY is the goddamn Italians. Christ I get it. You're Italian. This isn't NYC. I don't care. Stop telling me you're Italian and making everything Italian. At least in Detroit the Poles don't try to make everything Polish.

Did her brothers call you a fanook again?

4 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Lol IMO Rochester is midwestern too.

I like Buffalo though. I feel at home in run down rust belt garbage.

Like, I bet 80 years ago Buffalo and Toledo Ohio were basically the exact same place. Don't tell that to anyone from Buffalo though.

Also, there's nobody more Italian, Irish, Frence, etc. than an American of European decent. Like, man alive are Americans really Italian ya know?

Edited by kipwinger

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Did her brothers call you a fanook again?

Dunno what a fanook is, but I'm constantly critiqued for not being fat or ex military. "She must not cook very good lol" Because I ate a reasonable portion of food and am not overweight. "Thanks for bringing wine, but idk what a petite syrah is lol that must be soemthing your learn in college, we only get fat syrah in boot camp lol" yes unclue vinne, i got an education and a job and thats how i know about wine, wish i had got shot at more.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Like, I bet 80 years ago Buffalo and Toledo Ohio were basically the exact same place. Don't tell that to anyone from Buffalo though.

toledo is comfy. Real depressing. Great town. I always order ranch instead of blue cheese with my wings and make sure to make it very clear to everyone that blue cheese blows and ranch is superior. Am i autistic? maybe. Do I hate new yorkers? absolutley.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, they're working on an extension. If he was gone they'd say he's gone, but if he's staying they're not going to announce it until there's a deal. Otherwise management would essentially be handing over some of their leverage in the contract negotiation.

hot off the MLive wire....

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2021/05/steve-yzerman-taking-measured-approach-with-jeff-blashill-decision.html

I see an extension in the near future .....with a short leash

So based on this morning's standings we sit @ 6th with the Nucks still having 4 games in hand but also a higher winning percentage of .441 to our .429.  So I assume should they not be able to get in those games we go to winning percentage?

Which lands us at 6th or worst case 8th?

Sabres

Ducks

Kraken

Devils

Blue Jackets

Us 

Start your engines and lobbying for your pick .....still no news on the Blashill watch so like I said earlier I am seeing 2 year extension  

52 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So based on this morning's standings we sit @ 6th with the Nucks still having 4 games in hand but also a higher winning percentage of .441 to our .429.  So I assume should they not be able to get in those games we go to winning percentage?

Sabres

Ducks

Kraken

Devils

Blue Jackets

Us 

Start your engines and lobbying for your pick .....still no news on the Blashill watch so like I said earlier I am seeing 2 year extension  

Even better: Nucks have 5 games left! They simply need 3 points out of that (with 2 points coming from a regulation win), as they have us beat in ROW. 

As for Blash, agreed. If he was gonna get canned, he'd be canned by now. 

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Sabres

Ducks

Kraken

Devils

Blue Jackets

Us 

Eklund for center, Edvinsson at Defense.

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Sabres

Ducks

Kraken

Devils

Blue Jackets

Us 

At 8 - McTavish or Johnson 

At 6 - Eklund all day

What if StevieY wants Lane Lambert to replace Blash? Islanders are in the playoffs so can he even discuss the job with Lambert? I am starting to flip on my Blash is back for 2 years position. Might be the whiskey in my morning coffee...buuuutt....

8 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

What if StevieY wants Lane Lambert to replace Blash? Islanders are in the playoffs so can he even discuss the job with Lambert? I am starting to flip on my Blash is back for 2 years position. Might be the whiskey in my morning coffee...buuuutt....

So we'd move on from one coach just to hire another who'd coach the exact same defense-first system?

35 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

So we'd move on from one coach just to hire another who'd coach the exact same defense-first system?

I mean, I think that's quite an assumption.

Idk what Lambert's personal coaching style is. I'm not sure anyone does. He hasn't been a head coach since 2011.

He has been a loyal Trotz soldier though if that's where the defense first meme comes from.

I like Barry Trotz (a lot more than I like Blashill) but not cause he's defense first. I think that's mostly an overplayed meme from his Nashville days with Poille. If you listen to him talk about his coaching style he doesn't preach button down the hatches - he preaches playing your personnel (correctly). And he says pretty flatly that Nashville delivered him defensive heavy rosters... and therefore he played a defense heavy style. And he did that pretty well in Nashville considering their payroll.

Then he goes to the Caps and wins them their first ever cup. A top heavy offensive team. What did he change? He switched Ovi to the right side and forced them to defend as a 5 man unit.

Not sure Blash would have the nuts to switch up Ovi's game. He certainly couldn't even get AA or Mantha to commit to a defensive scheme. And that's where I have the biggest problem with Blash. We are hemorrhaging solid young talent and only by the grace of Yzerman's midas touch with Vrana and Fabbri have we been able to mask that. At some point you have to ask how many extremely talented players is this guy going to ruin? Larkin is on a perpetual downtrend. Cholowski failed to ever take off. I'm extremely hesitant to let this babs wannabe ever sniff Moritz Seider. 

10 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

>Brome signs in Switzerland

who cares

>Djoos signs in Switzerland

who ******* cares

>Elmer Soderblom has signed with an NHL team (developing)

source?

>Sam Reinhart has unfollowed the Sabres on instagram

SOURCE?