• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yzerman referred to Larkin as a core player the day he was announced as GM.

Since then he has named Larkin team captain of the Detroit Red Wings. An honor that Yzerman understands and wouldnt just hand it out to a kid he didn't see as part of his future. 

Multiple outlets have used the term "untouchable" when it comes to Larkin. Doubt SY ever used that exact term either. But it's no secret that he values Larkin more than many fans do.

Larkin has a ton a value yes. 

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yes I did. 0.67 since 2015/16 puts Larkin in the 2C category.

So then why lie about quotes...?

I didn't lie about quotes. I quoted an article directly that had just been posted. It's not the first time it's been reported that Larkin is one of Steve's core.

Is Ryan Johansen a 1C or not? Same PPG as Larkin since he came into the league.

I also don't disagree. Larkin slappies: bow down and promclaim DBOSS THE elite 1C.

Find where I have ever called Larkin that I will concede this debate.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

20 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

To LAK: Jakub Vrana
To DET: 1st (2022) + 2nd (2021)
(Mantha essentially flipped for two 1sts and two 2nds)

To DET: Patrick Nolan + Shayne Gostisbehere
To PHI: Svechnikov + Petruzzelli + 2nd round pick

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Rasmussen - Erne
Namestnikov - Nolan - Panik
Smith - Glendening - Pearson/Veleno/Hirose/Barber

Ghostbear - Hronek
Dekeyser - Seider
Cholowski - Stecher

Woah woah woah. Yzermen explicitly said in an interview that Vrana might be around for 4 or 5 years. CORE. 

Other than that, I have no idea if they are fair trade proposals or not. 

5 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Just messin around. LAK, BUF, and PHI all seem like they're open for business. Now Freidman says STL is shopping Tarasenko too.

As soon as expansion draft ends things could get spicy.

I'm hoping Yzerman will do some moving and shaking to get value.

I think you can count on this. 

36 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Just messin around. LAK, BUF, and PHI all seem like they're open for business. Now Freidman says STL is shopping Tarasenko too.

He will do some, but he might even start before the expansion draft. There will be quite a few interesting defencemen available because the other teams can´t protect all of them and might be willing to move one to us and get a return, rather than losing a player for nothing.

5 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yzerman has everything he needs to make big plays this year. RFAs, picks, cap, looming expansion with cash strapped teams. I kinda wont be happy if he stays outta the action. Im expecting to see him leverage his advantage. 

Not to mention an absolute ton of quality talent rumored to be available via trade.

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Id have zero problems trading vrana , same people who get all wet from his 4 goal game will be hating on the guy when he’s inconsistent during a full season . Dont think now’s the time though

As for the flyers trade can’t see them wanting a guy we had on waivers 2-3 times and a goalie who’s going to walk in a few months but patrick or someone in his age group  is someone we should target

Yeah i can definately see Vrana coming back to earth next year. This is a great oppurtunity to dangle his name out there. You might find a stupid haul for him from a desperate team. 

You mentioned flyers before and patrick?

vrana for phili 2022 1st + patrick + ghost

Id be then trying to trade assets to teams fighting flyers for the playoffs to make sure they dont get in so we have 2 cracks at the top pick

Word from Freidman is that Philly is fielding offers on anyone other than Farabee. Seems like their selling. 

Ya seen that , probably trying to shake things a little bit but theyd be foolish to trade guys like konecky,hart after one season ... if they could im sure theyd trade one of voracek/giroux/jvr causs of their high salaries

maybe yzerman just emails fletcher a clip of vrana’s 4 goal game and nothing else and hope’s he wets himself and calls him back

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

On 6/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

No

And your quote iisn't from Yzerman.

You didn't, you called him a poor mans 1C, AKA a 2C. Not sure why you're still in this debate or what you're debating.

I never said the quote was from Yzerman. I directly quoted the article that said that Yzerman identified Larkin as part of his core. Which he has. Just not those exact words at that press conference.

Ryan Johansen isnt a 1C? Pretty stupid of Poile to give up Seth Jones for a 2C then. Except he didn't. RJ is a 1C.

And a poor man's 1C is still a 1C. Just like a C Class is a poor man's Mercedes, but it's still a Mercedes.

11 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Woah woah woah. Yzermen explicitly said in an interview that Vrana might be around for 4 or 5 years. CORE. 

Other than that, I have no idea if they are fair trade proposals or not. 

Ha ha. Except Vrana wasn't drafted and developed by the Wings. He hasn't been with the team for 6 seasons. And he wasn't specifically given the captaincy by "The Captain" himself. Nor has he been a part of Yzerman's core from the beginning.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I do hope Yzerman does some flexing in the coming weeks. Certainly the planets are doing their part and aligning. There's the static cap and the consequent crunch. There's the expansion draft. There's some unhappy high-end talent. There are some desperate GMs. There's our once-in-a-decade cap flexibility. There's our wealth of draft picks. There's Yzerman reportedly being open to moving nearly anyone on our organizational depth chart.

I know people want us to hardcore suck for at least one more year, because Lambert, Wright, et al. And maybe that's the right way to go. But Yzerman's been very clear about his desire to see his team take steps forward and get better every year, and I feel like maybe that ball is already rolling.

I mean, sure, we weren't a good team this season – but we didn't finish in the bottom three, and you could make the case that if we'd boasted a league-average power play and/or league-average OT chops, we would've finished closer to a playoff berth than to 31st overall. Being bent over and buttf***ed by injuries certainly didn't help.

So my point is I'm not sure standing pat makes a ton of sense. Maybe now's the time to either see what an actual NHL lineup can do – i.e. go hunting for a couple significant roster additions, beyond our own pipeline – or go absolutely HAM on collecting picks & prospects. Or maybe even both...?!

I don't really have any specific proposals. A couple players I like are Jack Rathbone (LHD, VAN) and Peyton Krebs (C, WPG).

Was bored. Wanted to see how we might look with only a few UFA adds, no significant trades.

UFA adds: Blake Coleman, Dmitry Kulikov, Alex Wennberg.

Seattle: Namestnikov.

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Coleman
Vrana  Wennberg  Zadina
Veleno  Rasmussen  Fabbri
Erne  Glendening  Panik
Nielsen, Smith

Kulikov  Hronek
DeKeyser  Seider
Cholowski  Stecher
Lindstrom

Bernier
Greiss

Wennberg's not going to score like he did this season (unsustainable shooting percentage), but he's a true centerman who can play tough minutes and keep his head above water. Basically a placeholder in the middle six for a couple of years as we sort ourselves out at center. I'm tired of stopgaps, but Wennberg's gonna be 27 in September, so it's not like we're re-signing Filppula.

Coleman's a good winger who can play center if needed. Given that we're so weak at center, so I'd like to see us ice a deep(ish) winger group.

I liked Hronek with Nemeth. Kulikov is sort of a Nemeth type; he won't put up points, but he can drive possession in a tough shutdown role.

I like this lineup. I feel like this lineup would be watchable, possibly even competitive.

To DET: Zach Werenski
To CBJ: Dennis Cholowski + Filip Zadina + WSH 2021 1st round pick

At the end of next season: Sign Seth Jones as UFA

2022/23 season:

Jones - Seider
Werenski - Hronek
McIsaac - Lindstrom
Johansson/Viro

No way they trade Werenski for that, when they know that Jones is on his way out as well

I like Dougie Hamilton. Slavin-Hamilton is arguably the best D pairing in the league.

...But Slavin's at least half of that equation.

...And we're pretty set at RD. (Feels so weird to say that.)

...And, age-wise, Hamilton doesn't really fit our rebuild timeline.

Now, maybe Yzerman and Blashill feel one of Hamilton, Hronek, Seider can play on the left side. Or maybe Yzerman would trade Hronek for a centerman. If Yzerman wants to close the book on the rebuild and go HAM on getting into the playoffs next season...then, yeah, signing Hamilton and trading Hronek for a centerman is probably the way to go.

That'd be cool. Which is how we know it's not going to happen.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:48 AM, BarkBurgerman said:

To LAK: Jakub Vrana
To DET: 1st (2022) + 2nd (2021)
(Mantha essentially flipped for two 1sts and two 2nds)

To DET: Patrick Nolan + Shayne Gostisbehere
To PHI: Svechnikov + Petruzzelli + 2nd round pick

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Rasmussen - Erne
Namestnikov - Nolan - Panik
Smith - Glendening - Pearson/Veleno/Hirose/Barber

Ghostbear - Hronek
Dekeyser - Seider
Cholowski - Stecher

We're not dealing Vrana after just acquiring him, He's everything we would hope Mantha would be. And i'm pretty sure we can't trade Petruzzelli's rights as technically he's a pending UFA.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

How kind of carolina , cant see anyone giving up a 1st at this point with free agency being so close

No GM is giving up a 1st round pick for Dougie Hamilton, it's basically you're just giving up a pick perhaps 2nd or 3rd for the 8th years that's it.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, BarkBurgerman said:

To DET: Zach Werenski
To CBJ: Dennis Cholowski + Filip Zadina + WSH 2021 1st round pick

At the end of next season: Sign Seth Jones as UFA

2022/23 season:

Jones - Seider
Werenski - Hronek
McIsaac - Lindstrom
Johansson/Viro

Noway is Yzerman dealing Filip Zadina, he's considered one of the unavailable's right now. By all reports Werenski plans on coming home to Detroit when his tenure is up in Columbus. therefore if true he hasn't got much value. Pretty much like the Trouba situation in Winnipeg.

10 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Toronto just re-signed Jason Spezza for $750K, a 50K raise from last season.

This past season Spezza scored at a 45 pt pace

That's better than any forward we have besides Vrana, Bertuzzi, and Fabbri

Spezza's points per 60 min is 3.08

That's better than every forward we have besides Vrana

700K last season

Seppuku when?

Toronto also won as many playoff series as the Wings this last season.

0(zero, null, none) last season

Edited by Akakabuto

20 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Noway is Yzerman dealing Filip Zadina, he's considered one of the unavailable's right now. By all reports Werenski plans on coming home to Detroit when his tenure is up in Columbus. therefore if true he hasn't got much value. Pretty much like the Trouba situation in Winnipeg.

Zadina's a 3rd line winger... he's not getting you much in a trade.