• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Greiss is the backup.

Is that why he played more games? Was Bernier hurt? 

Realistically though, they're both decent 1B material/would be great as a legit backup.. and there are plenty of goalies that can fill that role. So I don't really mind losing either of them.  

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yes. He was.

Makes more sense then I guess, my b. Either way, Greiss and Bernier are pretty comparable imo. So, if he wants to test free agency, more power to him. Really wish we could find a young up and coming type of guy in net.. like Vanecek in Washington, but he's most likely Seattle bound. 

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

Sounds like it's Dreidger/Kahkonnen for Seattle

Might still take Vanecek too. Maybe they'd take him then trade him or Kahkonen. I can dream, right? :P

probably smarter for us to sign instead of trade anyway, but worth checking in with Seattle on what the price would be for one of those guys. 

2 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yeah I keep forgetting they're taking BPA and flipping players.

However, the fact that they're not taking guys like Tarasenko gives me suspicions that that's not actually happening...

Are they for sure not taking senko? Seems like a no brainer imo. Maybe they're too worried about his shoulder/playing it safe. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

AND New Jersey #4OA...

Shouldn't be that hard...

NJD trade around Subban, LAK trade around Bertuzzi, and VAN trade around Eriksson...

1. BUF - Owen Power
2. SEA - Matthew Beniers
3. ANA - Simon Edvinsson
4. DET - William Eklund
5. CBJ - Mason McTavish
6. DET - Luke Hughes
7. SJS - Brandt Clarke
8. DET - Dylan Guenther
9. DET - Jesper Wallstedt

Game's easy...

One can only dream.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Just rumor that they selected Vince Dunn at this point. The other rumor is that other teams offered to trade for Tarasenko if Seattle selected him, but that they wanted Seattle to retain salary on him. Maybe that was the road block there.

Russo is also saying that contrary to rumor, Seattle did not select G Kappo Kahkonen from the Wild

I believe that Ron Francis took Soucy from the Wild.

Now that we know Carolina isn't losing Jake Bean how do we feel about trading them Bertuzzi for Bean and a pick or two? They'd essentially be beefing up their lineup, replacing Morgan Geekie, and only losing a player they were already expecting to lose anyway.

To Detroit: Bean, 2022 2nd.

To Carolina: Bertuzzi.

Edited by kipwinger

So, now that we know who we are losing, barring any trades to come after 3pm tomorrow, here's what I'd like.

re-sign:

All RFA's except the ones that are leaving (Djoos and Brome.) Maybe, just maybe let Svech walk.

Bobby Ryan, Glenny and Staal

sign:

Koekkoek, Ullmark or Mrazek.

trade:

4th round pick for Tyler Johnson and Hugo Alnefelt

Trade Bertuzzi to the highest bidder. If no serious bidders, then keep him.

Edited by LeftWinger

4 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Hyman is EDM

Whoa

Supposably its a 7 or 8 year contract totaling 40m

Kenny probably did something clever like giving TOR a 3rd or sumthin to be able to give Hyman that 8th year

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Supposably its a 7 or 8 year contract totaling 40m

Kenny probably did something clever like giving TOR a 3rd or sumthin to be able to give Hyman that 8th year

"clever"...

I think Hyman will be a good fit in Edmonton, but $5.75M for 7 (or 8) years is going to be really, really bad. He might be worth that contract for the first few years... maybe... but after that, it's going to be one of the more egregious contracts in the league...