• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think these types of trades are always available but GMs overvalue their assets because they fall in love with their young players/prospects/pics. Yzerman has no love for any of these bums.

To be fair, Yzerman didn't give up any young player or prospects, and didn't even have to give up a high pick. He literally traded a pending UFA that he wasn't going to sign anyway, and a late 3rd round pick, for a fresh 25 year old.

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

image.png.d6225cdc6d6bf4999b5bb2fff7b38767.png

Another big steal by Yzerman on this one. 3rd rounder and rights to Bernier (a UFA in 6 days who may not even agree to sign with Carolina. He did state not long ago he wanted to test the market) for the rights to Nedeljkovic, (an RFA who he promptly signed a two year deal for the exact salary Bernier was earning). Possibly solved our need for a true long term #1 if Nedeljkovic keeps playing like he did in the playoffs. I dunno how he does it, but i ******* love it!

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

This was as great move no matter what. I'd even let him wear #39.

I am excited to see if there are more fleecing's on the horizon! I mean Philly gave away Ghost and 2 picks for futures just to clear up cap space. You would think that Tampa, Vegas, Toronto and the like would be doing much of the same. If Tampa wants to give a couple of picks, surely I'd welcome Tyler Johnson. Honestly 3 more years is not that bad. Sure he doesn't fit into the rebuild timeline, but he makes this team better now, for the kids, which is what Yzerman eluded to yesterday. Plus, who knows where we'll be in 3 years? We might need a couple 33-35 year old vets to solidify a Cup run. At this point, with all the great things Yzerman has done, I trust him 100% with whatever deal he makes. There has to be more deals out there that we can make for assets.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Good Lord! 

Apparently low-end top of the lineup players are commanding a pretty hefty price tag these days. That's essentially a Mantha-level return for Risto. Neither of them are difference makers and that's a TON of assets to give up for non needle movers.

Also probably explains why Eichel/Reinhart/Kuznetsov/Jones haven't moved yet. Imagine what those guys will cost.

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Jeez. Arizona taking our hype!!

Vancouver only had thr 9th OA to give. That's a great pick for Arizona. They lost theirs, then said f*** off nhl and moved up 2 spots. Honestly do you think they should've been able to do this?

Nucks unloaded a tonne of cap in this deal.   I think they did pretty good.

4 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The pride of Canada not being re-signed.

Big gritty forward. Seider will need his protectors....

I wouldn't mind adding him. He doesn't put up a whole lot of points, but I think that changes if he isn't put in a super-defensive role.

31 minutes ago, town123 said:

Nucks unloaded a tonne of cap in this deal.   I think they did pretty good.

Ya, but the $12M they dumped was for only one more year. They $8M they picked up is for 6 more years. So ya, they save $4M, but only for this season. Plus they gave away the 9th overall.