• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Svech wont be back it appears. Can't see him returning knowing he's pretty much destined to GR. Probably test his luck in Carolina with his bro.

I liked the possibility of Martinez, but 3 years is too much for a 34 yo.

43 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's a Suter that would be a nice pick up.

I would take a stab at Oesterle

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Boomer math

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Boston isn't qualifying Nick Ritchie. 25 year old power forward in the same ilk as Adam Erne. Have to think some other team picks up him, but if not I'd look to sign him if I'm Steve-O

A nice upgrade in the bottom 6 over guys like Helm.

7 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Touch tunes account bro.

Jets trade two 2nds for Brendan Dillon. Bergy seriously working on signing DeAngelo lol. Getzlaf hitting UFA. 

Anybody else notice Arizona seems to be doing a better job acquiring bloated contracts and picks then Seattle?

Taking on contracts nobody wants is the only way they can ice a full roster

Some RFAs that didn't get qualifying offers and are now set to hit UFA tomorrow, that could be of interest to the wings (per an athletic article):

Pius Suter, 0.5ppg potential middle six center, CHI 

Nick Ritchie, big bodied LW, BOS 

Dominik Kahun, good offense/bad defense center, EDM 

Ondrej Kase, RH shot RW who has offensive upside but also has had concussion issues, BOS 

Ryan Donato, center with offensive upside but has bounced around the league a lot, SJ

Of the five, Suter and Ritchie are the most interesting to me. Kase too, but the concussion issues are obviously scary. Given that these guys are all 25 years old, I imagine we'd at least check in with a few of them. 

Edited by amato
Typo

10 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

So the Virtanen story is getting worse for him. Multiple other women have come forward now. He seems like he was living a real party lifestyle (prolly why he's fat now).

Also read the account of the night from the first girl. It's still a he-said she-said scenario, and she can't really prove her account in anyway, but it basically reads like this (mature content):

>He called me really late at night, and I didn't wanna hangout with him
>But I did
>He drove me to his hotel, and I didn't wanna go in
>But I did
>He started kissing me, and I didn't wanna do that
>But I did
>I told him I didn't wanna have sex
>He said okay, we didn't have to
>Then he took off my shirt, and I didn't wanna do that
>But I did
>Then I jumped up and said "maybe I should just leave"
>But I didn't
>Then he took off my pants, and I didn't wanna do that
>But I did
>Then we started having sex and I said no I didn't want to
>But we did
>Afterwards I cried in the bathroom and I should have gone home
>But I didn't
>In the morning he went to practice and left me money for a cab

Now she explicitly says she told him no during, and he still went for it. If that's true, that's rape. And I feel for the victim. That's awful. I just don't know how she expects to prove that in court 3 years later.

It's just frustrating to me how she put herself in this situation. She claims every step of the way she didn't wanna be there, but then she is there, and the situation continually escalates, and she's still there. I'm not trying to victim blame here, but there were so many points where she could have left the situation, and just doesn't. It's kinda like... if you didn't wanna go fishing maybe you shouldn't have answered that ad for a fishing charter, showed up to the dock, got on the boat, then picked up the rod and baited the hook... A good lawyer is gonna eat her story alive.

I agree that's what is so frustrating on this, is the time lag before coming forward and the potential of multiple times to get out of the situation. I wasn't there and maybe she was drunk/high or he has monster game. But she didn't help her case or others by waiting so long to come forward especially this was right as he was signing a decent contract.

Remember when Kane was accused of rape that case/accusation settled quickly(3 months) as the girl pretty much came out right away and her story fell apart upon investigation by the cops and rightfully so. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-patrick-kane-rape-case-decision-20151105-story.html

IMHO it's all about getting the wheel of justice turning sooner vs later as the cops can't collect evidence from 3 years ago. Puts them in a hard spot and justice isn't served for either party. 

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

For some reason I thought today was UFA day....dang.

Me too ...

Well Martinez is gonna re-sign with Vegas.

UFA starts tomorrow...Grand Master Y will start by making the entire Caps org and it's fanbase choke on their soy lattes...

5hr9mz.jpg

image.png

Edited by F.Michael

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

It is, starting at noon.

I think it's tomorrow at noon. The 28th.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Me too ...

Well Martinez is gonna re-sign with Vegas.

UFA starts tomorrow...Grand Master Y will start by making the entire Caps org and it's fanbase choke on their soy lattes...

5hr9mz.jpg

image.png

Yikes! Ovi and Vrana together would destroy their will to watch!

Edited by LeftWinger

50 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I think it's tomorrow at noon. The 28th.

Yikes! Ovi and Vrana together would destroy their will to watch!

You're right. I've been thinking today was Wednesday all morning long haha.

Darren Pang shilling pretty hard for his old buddy Stevie Y on this one. You love to see it.

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Blackhawks going for it. Got MAF from Vegas. 

I genuinely think they're going to come out of nowhere and land Eichel. Otherwise I don't understand their moves this offseason. Despite adding Jones and MAF they're dead in the water without a top producing forward up front.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I genuinely think they're going to come out of nowhere and land Eichel. Otherwise I don't understand their moves this offseason. Despite adding Jones and MAF they're dead in the water without a top producing forward up front.

It does seem like they are all in on another run while they still have Toews and Kane. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Kane is still over a point per game player. And they should be getting Toews back this year.

Seems to me they're just going for it since those two are approaching the downside of their careers. Likely also in an attempt to overlap Kane/Toews with Dach and their other young players/prospects. 

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

It does seem like they are all in on another run while they still have Toews and Kane. 

Yeah, but that's really risky considering Toews is old and coming off a serious injury and Dach is super young and coming off a serious injury. They also let Suter walk. Asking a lot of Toews and Dach if they're planning to go "all in" this season. Then again I don't know that they even have the assets to land Eichel considering what they just paid for Jones.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, but that's really risky considering Toews is old and coming off a serious injury and Dach is super young and coming off a serious injury. They also let Suter walk. Asking a lot of Toews and Dach if they're planning to go "all in" this season. Then again I don't know that they even have the assets to land Eichel considering what they just paid for Jones.

Oh, I don't mean they are counting solely on Toews and Kane, I'm agreeing with you on this one hahaha. Loading up to get another run while those two are still capable players. 

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You're right. I've been thinking today was Wednesday all morning long haha.

Darren Pang shilling pretty hard for his old buddy Stevie Y on this one. You love to see it.

Zadina, MacIsaac, 2022 2nd, 2023 lotto protected 1st.