• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just seems like you bring him up specifically in every thread... lol

I agree with adding a top 4 defenseman to push DeKeyser / Staal down, but I'm not so sure Koekkoek would be that. He's your prototypical 3rd pairing guy, and probably not much, if at all, an upgrade over the aforementioned...

I just relate him with Yzerman. I would not care if we got another LHD like....speaking of every thread....acquiring Nic Hauge in a Cap dump trade with Vegas! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist! 

Again most importantly I'd like to see a LHD come in and be in our top 4.

46 minutes ago, amato said:

Speaking of kicking tires... holland doing holland things this off season:

Mike Smith extended 2 years, 4.4m
Zach Hyman signed to a 7 year contract, 38.5m
Tyson Barrie extended 3 years, 13m
Cody Cici signed 4 years, 13m

Oh I've been following that train wreck all day with a smile thanking God steve is here and not ken. There is no direction with his signings. He just signs whoever. With Steve you can see a clear direction the team is being built. With Holland he just overpay whoever will sign the sheet

2 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I don't expect us to sign anyone of note. Nor should we. Leddy was as big a move as I'd like to see, but nedeljkovic was just a massive power move dick swing by Steve and I'll take it.  

I'd really just like to see the kids flourish and maybe get another top 10 this year before we start pushing for playoffs

:lol:  Twenty years ago in the summer of 2001, we were signing Hasek, Robitaille, and Hull.  

In 2021, Nick Leddy is our BIG move.  I think I'm going to cry.

Edited by GMRwings1983

6 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

:lol:  Twenty years ago in the summer of 2001, we were signing Hasek, Robitaille, and Hull.  

In 2021, Nick Leddy is our BIG move.  I think I'm going to cry.

We could probably sign hasek still...

All these TSN guys saying Detroit and Buffalo are going to struggle don't realize that they are talking about:

2022 Vezina Winner - Alex Nedjelkovic

2022 Calder/Norris Winner - Mo Seider

2022 Ted Lindsay Winner - Jakub Vrana

2022 Hart/Selke/Byng/Messier Trophy Winner - Dylan Larkin

2022 Masterson Award Winner - Marc Staal

2022 Jack Adams Winner - Jeff Blashill

2022 Gregory Award Winner - Steve Yzerman

..so ya, here we come baby!

What do these teams plan to do being so far over the cap? IMO, if you don't have the cap space TODAY, you cannot sign the player!

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

What is your obsession with Koekkoek? He's a below average defenseman at best. 

There's probably half a dozen or so guys on the market that I would take over Koekkoek...

He likes saying Koekkek. Like I used to like say Nedomlel.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Who is Ryan Murphy?

This is a good pickup.

23 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

This would also be a good pickup.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Who is Ryan Murphy?

I know Carolina took him 12th overall in 2011

I wasn't aware that Joe hicketts wast qualified.  He signed with Minny

Edited by TLGTrico

1 hour ago, TNWingedWheel said:

Interesting

Bernier signs with New Jersey
2 years 4.125 mil

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/devils-sign-goaltender-bernier-to-two-year-deal

Weird. That's less than he would've gotten from SY. NJ is not a cup contender either.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I like Oesterle obviously as I've been shilling for him

2nd/3rd pair Dman. Michigan native. Left handed. Just turned 29. Plays the PP and the PK. I think he'll be a useful utility knife for us. A lot more useful than Merrill or Nemeth ever were.

He's upgraded version of Stecher in my mind.

Leddy - Hronek
Staal - Seider
Oesterle - Stecher

I'm not sure where Lindstrom, Dekeyser, or Murphy fit into this equation. Lindstrom and Murphy probably GR. Dekeyser has some serious competition for his job this year. Bought time that guy had to fight for his job.

Murphy signed a 2 way, so he can be sent down. I think DD might be the odd man out if SY signs another D. He protected Lindstrom in the expansion draft, so I dont see him putting Lindstrom on waivers to send him down to GR. Plus Lindstrom is several years younger, and RH. He probably takes Stechers spot on the 3rd pair full time next season.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Murphy signed a 2 way, so he can be sent down.

2-way contract has nothing to do with being able to be sent down or not. Murphy has no waiver exemptions, he will be exposed if he gets sent down. 2-way is for salary only. 1-way contract means your salary is the same whether you are in the NHL or AHL. 2-way means your salary is lower in the AHL. 

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

2-way contract has nothing to do with being able to be sent down or not. Murphy has no waiver exemptions, he will be exposed if he gets sent down. 2-way is for salary only. 1-way contract means your salary is the same whether you are in the NHL or AHL. 2-way means your salary is lower in the AHL. 

Yes. But you sign guys to 2 ways for the purpose of sending them down. If Murphy, Lindstrom, and DD all have to pass waivers, Murphy would be the first to go.