• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, mackel said:

Screenshot_20210729-233804_Instagram.jpg

There goes another pipe dream. Who's next? 

18 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

sloppy 2nds

Sloppy fourths at this point.. can't wait to get to sloppy fifths. Then we'll have to call him Jim Bean 

15 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Bettman's reaction to Logan Mailloux selection

A PLAYER WITH A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND WAS SELECTED???? MY GOD. THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. HORRIFYING.

So now the prime minister and the comissioner has spolen on the subject. When do we get to hear from the pope?

Has the UN sanctioned the Habs yet?

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

So now the prime minister and the comissioner has spolen on the subject. When do we get to hear from the pope?

Has the UN sanctioned the Habs yet?

You know they have NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING BAD.

I thank the Lord that I didn't grow up with a cellphone that could take pictures. I am seriously wanting this kid to succeed in a LARGE LARGE way, marry a model and have 4 perfect children. 

On 7/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know it's not a stat but Helm must have the all time record of someone on a break away who doesn't wind up with a shot on goal.

3 hours ago, blueadams said:

If the two sides you're referring to are Steve Yzerman and the Illitch family.

Bert's 26 and probably the 2nd or 3rd best player on an NHL team.  He just got a show-me contract.  Yzerman really pulled off an amazing deal for us here.

Good deal for lil'Bert in that he's been given a solid raise and at the end of the contract (barring any serious injuries) he's young enough at 28 to sign for an additional contract be it with Detroit or somewhere else - likely for more $$$.

Good deal for Detroit in that we'll have him for a prime 2 seasons in which he'll be motivated to show that he's worth his new contract and if there are significant injuries in that span (crosses fingers hopefully not) Yzerman doesn't need to worry/LTIR.

Like I said - it's a good deal for both sides.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

Same. It's crazy how the outrage mob damages there own cause. The dogpiling and overreaction makes me hope this kid crushes the league. 

That was unexpected

Lol. He couldn't decide this before the expansion draft? Or entry draft? Or even before free agency started? Seems like kind of a dikk move.

4 hours ago, blueadams said:

I like Bert a lot.  I just think he's a little old for the rebuild and that his body's already starting to break down a bit.  I think we could swap him for something younger and of equal value.

Agreed.

4 hours ago, blueadams said:

Bert's 26 and probably the 2nd or 3rd best player on an NHL team.  He just got a show-me contract.  Yzerman really pulled off an amazing deal for us here.

Eh, I dunno. While Bertuzzi is indisputably a very solid NHLer and indisputably one of our better players, he's not your typical Very Solid 26-Year-Old in Need of a New Contract case.

Consider:

> He has 2.5 NHL seasons under his belt. That's a small body of work, a small sample size.

> His season point totals: 24 (48 GP), 47 (73 GP), 48 (71 GP). Not good enough to render the aforementioned sample size consideration moot.

> He missed pretty much the whole 2020-21 season because of an injury. While he did put up an impressive 5 goals and 7 points through the 9 games he played, his even-strength zone starts split was OZ-60.3/DZ-39.7 and his shooting percentage (25%) was unsustainable.

> He's coming off back surgery.

Point being: Bertuzzi didn't necessarily have a particularly strong case for anything more than a show-me contract. Even if he did, I'm sure he understood that trying to twist Yzerman's arm by sitting out would not be a smart play, as 1) everyone knows an RFA will get zero concessions from Yzerman in a holdout war, and 2) if he wants that big next contract, whether it's with the Wings or a different organization, he really can't afford to be sitting out.

In any case, Bertuzzi's days as a Wing probably are numbered. I dunno that it's as sure a thing as some people here are making it out to be. But, yeah, it's probably where we're headed.

44 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol. He couldn't decide this before the expansion draft? Or entry draft? Or even before free agency started? Seems like kind of a dikk move.

Was reading on the Bruins side of things over at HF Boards that Sweeney likely knew a few plus weeks ago which sorta makes sense considering he used up cap space when UFA began.

The thought is Sweeney gave Krecji the time to make his announcement as things settled down.

23 minutes ago, town123 said:

Is Todd's second year 5.25 or 5.75?    Not that important really, I'm just curious that both figures are mentioned multiple times on different sites.

I don´t know anything about Todd, but Tyler´s contract is listed with $4.25m and $5.25m on capfriendly.