• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Holland doesnt work here anymore.

I´m not a 100% sure about that. Him dealing away the Wallstedt pick and doing his usual overpaying (years and money), probably he is still working for us, trying to ruin the franchise and send us the leftovers...

Edited by ely s

What do we see the other two RFA contracts costing us?

More importantly, how much cap space will we have left over once we sign all 4 of our RFAs.

Cap friendly says we have 25M in space left, it looks like we would still have a big chunk of cap left once we sign Vrana and Erne, Smith.

6 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

So something like $8-13 million left in cap space when the season starts.

Do you see Yzerman doing something with the remaining cap? 

8-13 million is a pretty good chunk of cash to leave unspent. 

16 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Smith - Under $1 million
Pearson - Under $1 million
Erne - $2-3 million
Vrana - $4-6 million
Hronek - $5-7 million

So something like $8-13 million left in cap space when the season starts.

You really think Erne gets over 2m?

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yeah, at least close to it.

I'm thinking right under 2. Or maybe he does get a bit over if Yzerman decides to sign him for a little longer like 3 seasons.

Edited by Akakabuto

On 8/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, BarkBurgerman said:

Yeah, at least close to it.

tKbolu0A98qjQkoavmN1jVhP4AH14J1_2wJjq29u

I would definitely bring him back on a 1-2 year deal for low AAV. He had a solid season last year so it's not like he's washed up. He'd help our offense, have trade value, and he plays the right way.

Veleno-Larkin-Vrana

Bert-Suter-Fabbri

Tatar-Ras-Zadina

Namestnikov-Gagner-Smith/Pearson

Edited by kipwinger

So I wonder what's going on with Bobby Ryan? I thought he was doing well before his injury. Maybe waiting to see where we're at after Erne and Vrana sign? Most of us probably agree it'd be better to have Bobby Ryan here than Nielsen. Bury Nielsen or buy him out and re-sign Ryan. Not sure if they would rather go with Hirose. I know they'll give Smith a spot rather than lose him to waivers. I'm not even sure Hirose will clear this time. But for sure I'd rather have Ryan than Nielsen. 

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So I wonder what's going on with Bobby Ryan? I thought he was doing well before his injury. Maybe waiting to see where we're at after Erne and Vrana sign? Most of us probably agree it'd be better to have Bobby Ryan here than Nielsen. Bury Nielsen or buy him out and re-sign Ryan. Not sure if they would rather go with Hirose. I know they'll give Smith a spot rather than lose him to waivers. I'm not even sure Hirose will clear this time. But for sure I'd rather have Ryan than Nielsen. 

Hirose would clear. Not a big loss if he didnt.

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I really like bobby ryan, but I'd rather the spot be earned by Raymond or Berggren. Maybe Ryan will get a camp invite if no one else signs him by then and keep his spot that way, or get signed around then if a younger guy isn't ready for that role. 

11 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

word's out that we have an offer out to Chara for 1 year

Let's offer Datsyuk a year too! Seriously though, why would Chara come here? Unless nobody else wants him and he's just looking for a paycheck. I don't even think he'd be a good TDL flip. Of course most of the serious contenders are already over the cap.