• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fuking right

Also, not to geek out, but imagine if Veleno. Bergrren and Raymond start in the AHL and are Detroit regulars by February. 

Vrana Larkin Zadina

Bertuzzi Suter Raymond

Bergrren -  Rasmussen -  Veleno

Erne - Namestnikov  - Fabbri

:ninja: sheeeeeeet :ninja:

I think Raymond and Berggren are both on the team after the deadline (provided they're playing well) because I think at least two of Fabbri, Namestnikov, or Bertuzzi are traded by then.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think Raymond and Berggren are both on the team after the deadline (provided they're playing well) because I think at least two of Fabbri, Namestnikov, or Bertuzzi are traded by then.

Yeah. I was going to get into that too. And slot Pearson and maybe Ganger on that 4th line instead. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I'm always insanely pumped for the beginning of the season, but perhaps even more this year. I genuinely think this year we legitimately turn the corner. Aside from all the dead weight we got rid of, we are adding two top four defensemen and two top six forwards. Plus a full season of Vrana (and I maintain he's a considerable improvement over Mantha). AND I think by the end of last season Rasmussen and Zadina were really playing good. I'm super optimistic about this team.

Yeah I'm very excited this year. Whether we turn the corner standings wise remains to be seen, so I'm trying to stay a little cautious. But we're clearly turning the corner roster wise, which in and of itself is very exciting. 

1 minute ago, amato said:

Yeah I'm very excited this year. Whether we turn the corner standings wise remains to be seen, so I'm trying to stay a little cautious. But we're clearly turning the corner roster wise, which in and of itself is very exciting. 

Out of the 10-12 bottom feeder teams last season I think we probably improved the most. The teams with better records (Chicago, Calgary, Arizona, Ottawa, Los Angeles) were only barely better points wise and none of them (other than maybe Los Angeles) has improved significantly this offseason. Plus Seattle is going to totally suck. I'm guessing we're going to land somewhere around 12-15 in the standings.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Out of the 10-12 bottom feeder teams last season I think we probably improved the most. The teams with better records (Chicago, Calgary, Arizona, Ottawa, Los Angeles) were only barely better points wise and none of them (other than maybe Los Angeles) has improved significantly this offseason. Plus Seattle is going to totally suck. I'm guessing we're going to land somewhere around 12-15 in the standings.

I'm thinking about the same. I'd agree that LA has improved quite a bit. Best case scenario, most our losses are one point games, we finish 10 from the bottom, and win the draft lotto :P

19 hours ago, kipwinger said:

17 hours ago, amato said:

I'm thinking about the same. I'd agree that LA has improved quite a bit. Best case scenario, most our losses are one point games, we finish 10 from the bottom, and win the draft lotto :P

With Chicago adding MAF, Jones (Seth), Johnson, and a 'healthy' Toews - they just might be a borderline playoff team.

As for the Wings - I'm thinking .500 is attainable (maybe a game or 2 over or under .500)...But likely we'll still miss the playoffs.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

With Chicago adding MAF, Jones (Seth), Johnson, and a 'healthy' Toews - they just might be a borderline playoff team.

As for the Wings - I'm thinking .500 is attainable (maybe a game or 2 over or under .500)...But likely we'll still miss the playoffs.

I did forget about MAF to Chicago, and the fact that Toews didn't play last year. I'd agree they've improved a lot as well.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, marcaractac said:

Vrana locked in for 3 years, 5.25 per. Friedman with the news. 

This is a great deal for both sides, Hopefully Vrana can light it up these next 3 years. it either increases his trade value. Or more then likely he gets a better long term offer.

11 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I feel we'll finish in the 8-10 range. 

Same here, 8-10 range seems pretty likely.

My rationel me is agreeing that 8-10 range is a likely outcome, but I´m optimistic/hopeful that we do better than expected. For the first time in years we will ice a proper defense, paired with good goaltending and an offense with a lot of question marks but undeniable potential to have a great season. The additions of Leddy, Seider and Suter, plus a full season of Vrana and Bertuzzi all that makes me believe we might be in the hunt for a playoff spot come TDL and it will be interesting to see how SY will react.

10 minutes ago, ely s said:

My rationel me is agreeing that 8-10 range is a likely outcome, but I´m optimistic/hopeful that we do better than expected. For the first time in years we will ice a proper defense, paired with good goaltending and an offense with a lot of question marks but undeniable potential to have a great season. The additions of Leddy, Seider and Suter, plus a full season of Vrana and Bertuzzi all that makes me believe we might be in the hunt for a playoff spot come TDL and it will be interesting to see how SY will react.

Tampa made the final four at one point early in their rebuild. Stevie Y stuck with his plan. 

22 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Tampa made the final four at one point early in their rebuild. Stevie Y stuck with his plan. 

I didn´t mean expensive additions, but will he still trade Leddy at the TDL or keep him to see how far they can get

20 minutes ago, ely s said:

I didn´t mean expensive additions, but will he still trade Leddy at the TDL or keep him to see how far they can get

OH I know, I just mean he was not afraid to part with the vets who helped get them there. As for the deadline specifically, I'd say looking in to what he did back at that trade deadline would provide the insight you seek. 

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Remember when the NHL had the mumps outbreak? Multiple un-vaccinated players came down with it despite having zero contact with anyone with the mumps. They got it because they came into contact with vaccinated carriers. Because vaccines do not stop infection, they stop symptoms.

Are we this retarded? What happened to my body my choice?

Just let people who do not want the vaccine do their jobs and deal with it if they get sick. This isn't preventing spread. There is no herd immunity. Might as well mandate the flu shot while you're at it.

Vaccines create active immunity through immune response and antibody production just like contracting the infection/disease does. The only difference is that the latter creates natural immunity, while vaccines create induced immunity. 

In either scenario, a person who has the antibodies to a specific disease (whether thru natural or induced immunity) can and sometimes will still become infected from the disease thru exposure to it. Science and medicine have never claimed otherwise. The advantage to vaccine immunization is that the antibody response prevents the infected person from becoming seriously ill from the infection.

So even an unvaccinated person who was infected and recovered can still be reinfected and become an asymptomatic carrier and spread the disease to others. It's not just vaccinated people. It's ANYONE with ACTIVE immunity.

And you cannot spread CoVid thru the vaccine. It does not use the actual virus to create immunity. Vaccinated carriers are a result of becoming infected with the virus after vaccination, not because of the vaccination.

That is the entire point of vaccines. To give as many people as possible active immunity, without having to suffer the dangers of a full scale infection. If everyone has active immunity, either thru vaccination or contraction, then the disease becomes eradicated, and no one else gets sick and dies.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie