• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I never said Hronek was on par with nurse offensively. I'm saying Nurse's massive overpayment is gonna affect the market for dmen as a whole. 

I was simply showing a comparison which highlighted what you were saying that the Nurse contract is going to have Mr Hronek going Hmmmmmm.

Statistically they are pretty close and if you take what Bark said earlier in this thread ....

"That said, I really think Hronek would be posting close to 50+ pt pace seasons if he played for the Oilers... What I'm suggesting is, Hronek is being held back on the score sheet because the Wings can't finish, and also Nurse's offense is probably a bit inflated because of their roster."

They could easily be even in points and once again Hronek says hey I am just as good and deserve equal. 

17 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I was simply showing a comparison which highlighted what you were saying that the Nurse contract is going to have Mr Hronek going Hmmmmmm.

Statistically they are pretty close and if you take what Bark said earlier in this thread ....

They could easily be even in points and once again Hronek says hey I am just as good and deserve equal. 

Ahhh okay, and yes, I agree. My initial interpretation was that you were pointing out Nurse scoring more, as to say it shouldn't affect Hronek's deal or some s*** haha. Ohhhhh, text. 

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I sure was hoping Hronek would come in under $6M, but as stated, the market is going to dictate to overpay him. But in reality he was only on a pace for 38 points last season, total points in total games played in his 3 years thus far is around 47 avg. I sure hope he'll give us a bridge for 2-3 years, but I doubt it. He may be the problem child when it comes to signing. Of course, Yzerman could give him the $7M and then deal him away at the TDL, like Mr. Mantha after he signed the bigger deal. I'll take an offer sheet from someone for about $7.5M to be honest. Here is the compensation and the teams that have the required picks to offer such a contract to an RFA:

Capture.JPG.f76ee35dedbe0b0fcaa22978492a3550.JPG

...I honestly like that compensation, I'd offer sheet EP40 the max $8.2M to either get him or force Vancouver to match, thus rendering them very unable to re-sign Quinn Hughes this season. Unless Hughes would take a 1 year contract on the CHEAP.

Mantha and Hronek situations are totally different. Mantha was a little bit older than the others. He was also lazy, and underperforming. None of this applies to Hronek. He is a valuable part of the future.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

image.thumb.png.3786c295df5934bb0fc2ab708b319a4b.png

Quick side by side

Nurse is also 45 points higher in +/-

8 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I predict 7 years, 35 million.

I'd be happy with that term. Obviously I'd be ecstatic with that cap hit. But I gotta admit, that's way on the low side for Hronek. Be looking at closer to 7 I'd say. Which would be a steal as he enters his prime. 

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'd be happy with that term. Obviously I'd be ecstatic with that cap hit. But I gotta admit, that's way on the low side for Hronek. Be looking at closer to 7 I'd say. Which would be a steal as he enters his prime. 

I dont think he's going to get that much, tbh.  With Seider and Leddy coming on board, Id expect Hronek to see less scoring minutes this season.  I think Yzerman will offer 2 contracts - one that keeps him an RFA and has a higher per year in the range of 5.5-6 mil, and one that gives him max term in the range of 5-5.5 mil per.  Hronek then will have a chance to poclet 35-40 mil on this contact and another 45-50 mil on his next.  He's set to have a handsome career money wise due to developing well early.  But he's slated to be our 2A guy in the next couple of years.  I think giving him 1st pairing money for a longer term would be a mistake.

29 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I dont think he's going to get that much, tbh.  With Seider and Leddy coming on board, Id expect Hronek to see less scoring minutes this season.  I think Yzerman will offer 2 contracts - one that keeps him an RFA and has a higher per year in the range of 5.5-6 mil, and one that gives him max term in the range of 5-5.5 mil per.  Hronek then will have a chance to poclet 35-40 mil on this contact and another 45-50 mil on his next.  He's set to have a handsome career money wise due to developing well early.  But he's slated to be our 2A guy in the next couple of years.  I think giving him 1st pairing money for a longer term would be a mistake.

The market is what the market is. If you lock him up long term, it's gonna cost. If you give him a short deal now, he could command even MORE on his next contract. I think the safe bet is to lock him up now. But we'll see what happens!

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

The market is what the market is. If you lock him up long term, it's gonna cost. If you give him a short deal now, he could command even MORE on his next contract. I think the safe bet is to lock him up now. But we'll see what happens!

Typically Id agree with your assessment provided said player was #1D and was likely to be #1D for contract term.  There's a good chance Hronek becomes our #3D THIS YEAR, however.  And almost certain chance he's anchoring the 2nd pairing by next season.  

2021:

Hronek-Leddy

Seider-Staal

Lindstrom-Oesterle

2022:

Seider-Leddy

Hronek-Edvinsson

Lindstrom-Johansson

2023 -:

Seider-Edvinsson

Hronek-Johannson

Lindstrom-McIsaac

I would be surprised if Hronek gets more than 5 per on a long term deal.  6 per on a short term deal wouldnt surprise me.  I think he'd be smart to sign through ufa status and play his ass off.  By age 26, he could be making a strong case for 8-9 mil on the open market.  If Im Yzerman, Im doing my best to have the best #3 dman in the league making #3 dman money.

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Carolina straight up f*cking Montreal in retribution for MTL offersheeting Aho. This is why you don’t see offersheets. 

This is one of many reasons it would be dumb to offer sheet Pettersson... If Yzerman were to do it, Benning would match, and offer sheet Raymond in a few years when he's eligible.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Carolina is still owed for signing Fedorov to an offer sheet.

Agreed (even though Karmonos was the owner back then).

And because of this - there were some hard feelings between the Ilitch/Holland camp and Fedorov.