• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

You compared Kotka to Savard. TBL got Savard for a 1st and like a $3 mil discount. CAR got Kotka for a 1st and more for like $3 mil overpay. One is different than the other.

Canucks have $10 million to pay Hughes and Pettersson. You sign Elias for $10 million and you better believe they'd be in a world of hurt. I'm sure they can scramble to find a trade they don't wanna do in a few days, but MB can do that too if he wants to keep Kotka. The difference is Pettersson is fairly paid at $10 mil. Kotka is not at $6 mil.

I used Savard as a loosey goosey example. I'm aware of the difference. But I made it clear I wasn't thinking about $, just draft capital. In that sense, giving up a 1st and 3rd? Teams of Carolina's pedigree give up those kinds of assets for rentals all the time. So I don't see these picks as being a big deal when it comes to this offer sheet.

The fact that Petterson would be fairly paid is also why Van will match. Wake me when any team successfully offer sheets an elite player. It never happens. And teams have tried. Fedorov, Weber, Aho, Vanek (lol). 

I tell you what tho. Absolutely know one knows how the K offer sheet plays out. This is how you successfully make an offer to a RFA. Pick on cap strapped teams, but go after middle six guys and overpay. It costs you cap space but it costs less in draft capital compensation. 

Acquiring K makes Carolina better. I legitimately think Waddell wants the kid. All joking and hilarity aside. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The rumor is MB will not match.

Also saw a rumor that Kotka will sign a medium term $4 million extension with the Canes soon upon arrival.

If that's true, the extension makes this a lot better for the Canes. And that's damn nice of Kotka to relinquish $2 million he would have otherwise gotten from his qualifying offer. Even if they did not submit the qualifying offer, he would have at least got to test UFA reallyyyyy young.

To me it's apparent that Kotka wants off the Habs NOW.

Very interesting. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bergavain doesn't match. 

Never thought about the option for K to sign an extension for less then his eligible  qualifying offer. If true, very smart move by him. Less pressure playing under the weight of a fair contract. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

13 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Sounds also like MB is gonna try to flip the compensation to get Christian Dvorak out of ARI.

And that they're going to move Drouin to center possibly.

I think this is just wishful thinking from Has fans. 

Even still, K + 1st +3rd for Dvorak would be an awful exchange. 

Je suis pense le Habs are tabernaced 

Over at The Athletic, Prone Man just rated the Wings as having the 9th best U-23 pipeline in the league. Which is about right. Then he ranked the players

1. Moritz

2. Raymond

3. Cossa

4. Edvinsson

5. Big Ras

6. Zadina 

7. lil Joe

8. Johansson

9. Bergreen

10. Soderblom

Let's FIGHT!!!!!

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I actually mostly agree with this. Daring of him to put Cossa above Edvinsson, but I think that's probably a testament to how good he thinks Cossa is rather than a slight to Edvinsson. I believe he also ranked Cossa over Wallnuts.

He did the right thing putting Big Ras over Zadina and Joe. I think Johansson and Berggren might climb over Zadina and Joe too eventually.

I assume his 11, 12, and 13 would be Wallinder, Neiderbach, and Viro. Soderblom certainly isn't a bad choice at #10 though. 

List ends at 16

11 - 16 are Buium, Sebrango, McIsacc, Viro,  Mastrosimone, and Neiderbach (in that order)

Wallinder, Hanas, Tuomisto, Barton, Dower Nilsson, Plandowski are in the "have a chance to make it" category. 

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Edvinsson 6'6"

Rasmussen 6"6"

Soderblom 6'8"

The Viking blood runs through their veins.

Mini V is gonna need some of those big guys for protection. 

Edited by Akakabuto

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's good to know that undersized guys like Seider still have a chance to make it on the NHL though. 

Seider is not of Scandinavian descent. I was listing big ol Viking boys over 6'4". At 6'2" I am used to being the biggest one in the room. I guess I don't yet see 6'4" guys as "big". Anything taller than that and I start to feel small.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Edvinsson 6'6" - Seider 6'4"
Wallinder 6'4" - Tuomisto 6'5"

Cossa 6'6"

I thought about listing Tuomisto, but its debatable if Finns count as Scandinavian.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

11 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Cholowski still unsigned...

Also it's almost September and we still have not inked Givani Smith or Hronek

We still have 3 weeks until training camp opens. Hronek and Smith will be signed before to long. I wonder if Yzerman and Hronek are working on a long term extension.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Holland actually did well with RFA contracts.

more often than not, but I believe Holland would have given Hronek an 8 year deal for far too much money

16 minutes ago, ely s said:

more often than not, but I believe Holland would have given Hronek an 8 year deal for far too much money

But it would be a great deal on the back end right? How many times did that work out for us?

26 minutes ago, Rick D said:

But it would be a great deal on the back end right? How many times did that work out for us?

I don´t know, I can´t remember any past Kronwall drafted good defenseman to give a long contract to...