• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

This is crazy low if true.

Hronek has been playing #1 minutes at like 22 and 23 years old, and scoring at like a 40 pt pace on a bad team.

Kid needs to fire his agent.

Everytime I think this offseason couldn't get better...

Now lock up Givani Smith for future considerations and lets call this an offseason

Or, you know, you guys are just really silly.

Imagine thinking he'd get 7M. 

@marcaractac had Nurse and Holland ruining the whole league 

lol

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

His trajectory is better than Nurse IMO. Nurse is older and I don't kno his contract history to be fair so maybe this is on par. At 4.4 three years seems like a long time for him. He could certainly earn more.

My question is does 3 years take him to UFA? If it does he might be biting the bullet now for a big big win later

Anyway big win for us. Can't believe he'd accept that pay when 5 mil DK is next to him watching him doing all the heavy lifting. 

From what I understand he'll be 5 months shy of UFA eligibility. So still an RFA. Which is amazing. 

I figured he'd get 5.5

Yzerman is the power 

if Carolina is really able to sign Kotkaniemi to an extension around $4m, then there are three winners. Car got a young promising player for a fair price, MTL upgraded their center depth for a 2nd/3rd round pick swap and ARI is adding another first and second round pick for one of the stronger drafts. They have three first and 5 second round picks in 2022 so far...

Carolina got Coke Can for a 1st and 3rd.

Montreal then had 2 1sts and 2 3rds. Montreal then traded one of their 1sts and and a future 2nd for Dvorak. They still have 1 1st, and 2 3rds in this draft.

So Habs basically traded JK and a 2nd for Dvorak and a 3rd.

The only way Bergevin wins this is if Kotkaniemi tops out as a lesser player than Dvorak.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

The first is a conditional pick:

2022 conditional 1st round pick* (MTL)
2024 2nd round pick (MTL)
*Conditions: The better of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick BUT if either or both are top 10 picks then Montreal will instead transfer to Arizona the worse of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick.

so Arizona gets the better pick  UNLESS  one or BOTH top 10, then they get the worse of the two. Either way, Arizona does have three 1sts this year in this deeper draft! More than makes up for not having a 1st last season.

Edited by LeftWinger

Unless there's something going on in his private life, I am surprised that Ryan Donato isn't signed anywhere. He wasn't given a QO from San Jose and is currently a UFA. He is 25, C/LW and had 20 points in 50 games last season. He has 77 points in 180 games for his career, 35 of which are goals. These stats seem good enough to get him a contract somewhere. I honestly wouldn't mind giving him a deal around $1M to compete for a spot. Worst case scenario, he gets snagged off waivers if he doesn't make the team. If he cleared, he'd be nice depth in GR.

...meanwhile...

Here is some reading to help get us through the rest of this off-season...

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-need-better-first-line-center-larkin/?fbclid=IwAR3-_8qFMlkJcFKLJRxkM7l1-uYYCNLaQlIv0O5o6x6X7gVYZPYMrTISnek

The author mentions Shane Wright. I am going to be watching the stats of him and Brad Lambert this season. I know I have historically been of the, we must draft NA players (but not so much in the last few years) but I really think that Lambert might be the way to go if we get into that top 3 in picks. And technically he is both Finnish and Canadian, but again, that no longer matters to me. Now if we actually won the #1 OA, at this point today, I'd be in a pickle. We'll see how the prospects do through a full season.

edit: I just added both Wright and Lambert to my bookmarks in Eliteprospects.com and I didn't even realize that Brad Lambert is the nephew of Lane Lambert, who just happens to have been a teammate of Yzerman for a few years in the 80's. Not that that'll matter in the end, but it is a nice little Easter egg to find.

Edited by LeftWinger

Red Wings return to Traverse City for training camp, prospects tourney (old article)

The Detroit Red Wings will return to Centre ICE Arena in Traverse City this year to host the NHL prospects tournament and training camp, the team announced Friday.

Camp was held at Little Caesars Arena prior to the 2021 season and the prospects tournament was canceled due to COVID-19.

The Red Wings will be on the ice from Sept. 23-28 – including a Red and White game on Sept. 27 -- before opening the preseason Sept. 29 at Buffalo.

Anybody seen a training camp roster?

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Unless there's something going on in his private life, I am surprised that Ryan Donato isn't signed anywhere. He wasn't given a QO from San Jose and is currently a UFA. He is 25, C/LW and had 20 points in 50 games last season. He has 77 points in 180 games for his career, 35 of which are goals. These stats seem good enough to get him a contract somewhere. I honestly wouldn't mind giving him a deal around $1M to compete for a spot. Worst case scenario, he gets snagged off waivers if he doesn't make the team. If he cleared, he'd be nice depth in GR.

...meanwhile...

Here is some reading to help get us through the rest of this off-season...

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-need-better-first-line-center-larkin/?fbclid=IwAR3-_8qFMlkJcFKLJRxkM7l1-uYYCNLaQlIv0O5o6x6X7gVYZPYMrTISnek

The author mentions Shane Wright. I am going to be watching the stats of him and Brad Lambert this season. I know I have historically been of the, we must draft NA players (but not so much in the last few years) but I really think that Lambert might be the way to go if we get into that top 3 in picks. And technically he is both Finnish and Canadian, but again, that no longer matters to me. Now if we actually won the #1 OA, at this point today, I'd be in a pickle. We'll see how the prospects do through a full season.

edit: I just added both Wright and Lambert to my bookmarks in Eliteprospects.com and I didn't even realize that Brad Lambert is the nephew of Lane Lambert, who just happens to have been a teammate of Yzerman for a few years in the 80's. Not that that'll matter in the end, but it is a nice little Easter egg to find.

As much as I'd love us to move into 1OA, I just don't see it.

We couldn't get any "luck" when we were historically bad... as a result the odds were tweaked to favor the bottom teams... we've now likely moved out of the bottom 5 into the bottom 6-10 range where teams moved up from to move us down and low and behold the odds for us moving up from this position are substantially reduced.

I think we're going to need to go with the multiple 2nd line center model or get lucky with a non top 5 draftee who fast tracks to the NHL to match our window.

...and yes I'd consider Larkin a 2C in the multiple 2C option.

3 hours ago, mackel said:

As much as I'd love us to move into 1OA, I just don't see it.

We couldn't get any "luck" when we were historically bad... as a result the odds were tweaked to favor the bottom teams... we've now likely moved out of the bottom 5 into the bottom 6-10 range where teams moved up from to move us down and low and behold the odds for us moving up from this position are substantially reduced.

I think we're going to need to go with the multiple 2nd line center model or get lucky with a non top 5 draftee who fast tracks to the NHL to match our window.

...and yes I'd consider Larkin a 2C in the multiple 2C option.

You're probably right.

Which is most likely why Yzerman seems hell bent on building a team around giant mobile D men and (hopefully) upper level goaltending. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You're probably right.

Which is most likely why Yzerman seems hell bent on building a team around giant mobile D men and (hopefully) upper level goaltending. 

Yup... playing the hand he's been dealt.  Best case scenario we are over-flowing at D and can swing a trade for a 1C.

8 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

two-way contract, no longer waiver exempt. Cholowski could be a Red Wing again if Seattle attempt to send him to the minors.

It was the Yzerplan all along *Muahahaha*

Edited by Akakabuto
forgot evil laugh