• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Austrianwing

Frans Nielsen Waived

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Thank you for the memories!

I know your joking, but he’s not actually going anywhere. They are just able to put him on the taxi squad now.

Saves a bit of cap space, and gives a bit of roster flexibility.

Edited by kliq

16 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Vanek

RIP

Now we have spots for two more forwards. Smith/Pearson/Veleno/Raymond should get interesting at camp.

Like Lefty said in the other thread. I can see Yzerman bringing in another veteran. 

11 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Welcome Eric Staal!

Like this guy. ^

Honestly, I think there's very little chance Bergrren and/or Raymond start with the Wings. Same with Veleno. He'd have to steal at least a top 9 spot to justify not playing big minutes in GRs

I think Pearson and Smith will duke it out for that last spot. 

16 minutes ago, ely s said:

Depends on what SY wants, a veteran with possible trade value or a youngster gaining experience

I always default to injuries. Stock the last couple forward spots with veterans or older prospects (Smith/Pearson). When the injuries pile up, Veleno, Bergrren, and Raymond are in GRs to fill in. Otherwise, the depth gets pretty thin. 

46 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I always default to injuries. Stock the last couple forward spots with veterans or older prospects (Smith/Pearson). When the injuries pile up, Veleno, Bergrren, and Raymond are in GRs to fill in. Otherwise, the depth gets pretty thin. 

I get the point, but you have to learn at some point and thin is okay in the position we´re in. See what they can do, add 1 veteran and let the young guys gain valuable experience.

playing in pro leagues at the age of 17, that is gaining experience not playing top line minutes in juniors...

Bobby Ryan

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Maybe Anisimov. Lefty posted that tweet about him practicing with the Wings this offseason.

Anisimov might get a PTO. That's hit or miss. Worked for David Booth, not for PA Parenteau. SY isnt going to leave a spot open for a PTO. He'll fill it first and worry about making room later.

In some ways sad to see him go, but he really didn’t live up to his potential here. Hope we lands with a team that has some more talent and he can set up goals 

Edited by Rivalred

Glad to see it happen but obviously hope the best for Frans going forward too.  Ive been more than thrilled with how the Yzerplan is going, the man is truly going to get this team back into contention and dude's going to be an absolute legend around Detroit even more then he already is.  As if that's even possible.