• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gniwder

2021 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

It is worth noting that Friedman is also reporting that Vrana was in the doghouse in Washington for lack of effort. We essentially swapped our troubled players. Hopefully this is a Fabbri situation and Vrana will now turn it on. He should certainly be a go to player here. Anyone know if he or Panik are in tomorrow?

Both are supposed to play tomorrow according to Yzerman's presser on Monday.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

I can confirm that he is happy with the return in this trade. Sorry to disappoint.

Tell him we miss him and come back plz! 

27 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

It is worth noting that Friedman is also reporting that Vrana was in the doghouse in Washington for lack of effort. We essentially swapped our troubled players. Hopefully this is a Fabbri situation and Vrana will now turn it on. He should certainly be a go to player here. Anyone know if he or Panik are in tomorrow?

"Doghouse you say?" says Blashill 

Just now, Akakabuto said:

@kipwinger Since you watch the Caps. Any chance Pánik will be useful for Detroit or was he a complete cap dump?

I definitely think so, but I'm biased because I've always liked the versatility of his game. He's a strong possession player and he's super fiesty, with enough offense to chip in and compliment skill guys. His only real issue is that he's not going to play on the powerplay or penalty kill so his value is limited in that way. Personally I'd use him as a 3rd line puck retrieval guy opposite someone skilled. Maybe do Panik-Rasmussen-Fabbri. The last few games we've had Filppula on Rasmussen's line, he's easily a better option than that.

55 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I definitely think so, but I'm biased because I've always liked the versatility of his game. He's a strong possession player and he's super fiesty, with enough offense to chip in and compliment skill guys. His only real issue is that he's not going to play on the powerplay or penalty kill so his value is limited in that way. Personally I'd use him as a 3rd line puck retrieval guy opposite someone skilled. Maybe do Panik-Rasmussen-Fabbri. The last few games we've had Filppula on Rasmussen's line, he's easily a better option than that.

I must admit I have always liked Panik. Real utility knife style player. Got to watch him when he played for Syracuse, and despite being behind some other guys he always seemed like a leader who played in all situations effectively. I was surprised when he didn't get more of a shot with Yzerman in Tampa, as it looked to me like he was an up and coming good soldier for him. Not sure why he has regressed with Washington.

I guess it's worth noting that Panik and Namestnikov are former teammates. Yzerman again targeting his former players.

4 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I must admit I have always liked Panik. Real utility knife style player. Got to watch him when he played for Syracuse, and despite being behind some other guys he always seemed like a leader who played in all situations effectively. I was surprised when he didn't get more of a shot with Yzerman in Tampa, as it looked to me like he was an up and coming good soldier for him. Not sure why he has regressed with Washington.

I guess it's worth noting that Panik and Namestnikov are former teammates. Yzerman again targeting his former players.

Man I wish we had a 2nd line center. Panik-Namestnikov-Fabbri would be a killer 3rd line.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

50 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

It sounds like we got a good upgrade over Helm and Filppula for next year and got a good pick for taking him on too. Sweet.

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

It sounds like we got a good upgrade over Helm and Filppula for next year and got a good pick for taking him on too. Sweet.

For sure. I'm definitely excited to have him as part of the package. He's by no means a throwaway player IMO. I think Washington is just going to be that cap strapped in the offseason.

from what I've read about the similarities of the two when it comes to being in the "Doghouse" ends with playing time. Mantha was getting top minutes, and yet was still in the doghouse. Vrana was buried and wanted more playing time. He should get that here, so I would think he would be the one to show a huge difference in his play, considering he will get the icetime to prove that he is as good as he is touted. Mantha will benefit as well by playing with better players. But in terms of becoming a better player than they were on their prior team, I think Vrana will end up improving more over Mantha...although, how much of Mantha's issues were because of Blashill? Let's hope Blashill doesn't "Blashill" Vrana...

3 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Vrana = 1-0-1 in 2 games
Mantha = 4-1-5 in 4 games

Mantha is a good player and the Caps knew what they were doing IMO

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Change of scenery might be helping plus an uptick in line mates.  Hope he has success there. 

Mantha's new mates >>> old mates.

30 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Change of scenery might be helping plus an uptick in line mates.  Hope he has success there. 

28 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Mantha's new mates >>> old mates.

Oh definitely. Mantha was capable of a 70 pt pace on this wretched team. In Washington's top6 I will not be surprised to see him go more than a PPG next season. And they got him pretty controlled from us. Was a good trade for both teams.

Well Vrana has completely changed my mind (putting up x4 last night to win me $217 bucks helped)

He's driving offense in ways Mantha never did. Mantha is still not moving his feet in Washington and is benefiting off the play and the backs of his new teammates. Despite this advantage, Vrana is now outscoring him on the poop wings.

Add in Panik, the 1st, and 2nd, and this may be the best trade Yzerman has ever made in his career.

EDIT: Not to mention we got to keep Glendening and Bernier. A+ TDL by Yzerman.

Edited by Gniwder

48 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Well Vrana has completely changed my mind (putting up x4 last night to win me $217 bucks helped)

He's driving offense in ways Mantha never did. Mantha is still not moving his feet in Washington and is benefiting off the play and the backs of his new teammates. Despite this advantage, Vrana is now outscoring him on the poop wings.

Add in Panik, the 1st, and 2nd, and this may be the best trade Yzerman has ever made in his career.

You fickle lil ***** 

50 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Not to mention Zadina finally has someone to burry his setups :ninja:

15 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Vrana: 7 pts in 9 games +2
Mantha: 6 pts in 9 games -2

Are Vrana’s statistics more impressive given the disparity of talent between the two teams?  Or is that too difficult to discern?

5 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

Are Vrana’s statistics more impressive given the disparity of talent between the two teams?  Or is that too difficult to discern?

23 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Vrana: 7 pts in 9 games +2
Mantha: 6 pts in 9 games -2

I think both players are close. This was never in question. One for one trade would have been cause for great debate. Throw in the 1st and 2nd and it's a fleecing. Like it seriously is. 

30 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

Vrana is playing 17 min a night (top line) plus top unit PP

Mantha is playing 16.5 min a night (2nd line) plus 2nd unit PP

When you consider that Mantha is playing with Backstrom + Oshie + Sheary + a competent defense + equal play time... and doesn't have to match up against the toughest opponents. And Vrana is playing with Rasmussen + Zadina + Filppula + an incompetent defense... and does have to match up against the toughest opponents... I give the edge to Vrana here. 

Edited by Gniwder