• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gniwder

Red Wings Brass Believes This Will Be An Extended Rebuild

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, kliq said:

I didnt put any words in your mouth, your exact words were:

You are flat our saying that you look forward to Zadina being a bust. Sorry, but I find it odd that a Wings fan would "look forward" to that.

I'm not looking forward to it... that's the current reality... I'm looking forward to the rationalizations and excuses in 3 years time.

2 minutes ago, mackel said:

I'm not looking forward to it... that's the current reality... I'm looking forward to the rationalizations and excuses in 3 years time.

If it was me and I was arguing that a Wing was going to be a bust, my mindset would be that I hope I'm wrong. To each their own.

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

If it was me and I was arguing that a Wing was going to be a bust, my mindset would be that I hope I'm wrong. To each their own.

I didn't like the pick, I watched the player extensively in the Q, didn't like what I saw... I didn't like the cocky fill the nets comment.  He's done nothing to wow anyone so far, which is what I expected. 

I only hope Zadina maintains enough trade value the next few years, that we're better off trading him than having him occupy a roster spot. 

Which prospects join the Red Wings/Griffins next season?

Seider - NHL
Raymond - SHL/AHL
Berggren - SHL/AHL
McIsaac - AHL
Veleno - NHL/AHL
Petruzzelli - AHL

Maybe there are some other random additions like Grewe being added to the Griffs, but I think this is how the big names shake out.

Seider I expect goes to straight to the NHL and plays there all season.

IMO I would keep Raymond in the SHL for another full season. He looks great, but he's not dominate like Seider is. I want better production than 6 goals and 18 pts in 34 games before bringing him over. Yzerman thinks the SHL is the best development league in the world, so I think it makes sense to leave him put for now. That said, now that he is under contract, maybe they want Raymond to come over to adjust to the smaller ice. And maybe they'd also like him for the AHL playoffs once the SHL season is done. I don't see any NHL time for him this coming year.

Berggren is much like Raymond, but has backed up his play with numbers. For the same reasons I see him staying in the SHL or coming to the AHL for full or partial time.

Mcisaac has only suited up for 30 matches over the last 2 season. Kid needs to log some big minutes in the AHL for a full year. I see Yzerman signing some vet LHD to put on top of players like this for now.

Veleno looks to be the next forward callup. I think he splits time between AHL and NHL as the #1 callup.

Petruzzelli is finally done with college. I'd like to get him signed for the Griffs. Drop Pickard and Boyle. And run Fulcher/Petruzzelli/Brattstrom/Larsson behind Greiss and Bernier. Not sure if Brattstrom will come over, or if Larsson even has a career here anymore though.

9 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Maybe there are some other random additions like Grewe being added to the Griffs

Very possible considering he is already there.

10 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Berggren is much like Raymond, but has backed up his play with numbers. For the same reasons I see him staying in the SHL or coming to the AHL for full or partial time.

Berggren needs to come over if he is to evolve his game. Nothing more to learn in the SHL.

12 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

IMO I would keep Raymond in the SHL for another full season. He looks great, but he's not dominate like Seider is. I want better production than 6 goals and 18 pts in 34 games before bringing him over.

Agree.

13 hours ago, mackel said:

I didn't like the pick, I watched the player extensively in the Q, didn't like what I saw... I didn't like the cocky fill the nets comment.  He's done nothing to wow anyone so far, which is what I expected. 

I only hope Zadina maintains enough trade value the next few years, that we're better off trading him than having him occupy a roster spot. 

I think the bottom line is you come off as rather being right about Zadina than him becoming a great player for Detroit.

25 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

>being petty is winning

Should stay atleast for another season in SHL imo

Probably. At the most AHL. When was the last time a 20 year old Dman made the Wings opening night roster? Red Kelly lol?

40 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Probably. At the most AHL. When was the last time a 20 year old Dman made the Wings opening night roster? Red Kelly lol?

it will happen in oktober anyway.

we are in a rebuild, if we have young players with obvious talent, let them play at the highest level and learn there. I´m fed up with this Hollandian overripening of prospects and hording of forth line grinders. Filpulla is still in the lineup, Svech isn´t.

14 minutes ago, ely s said:

it will happen in oktober anyway.

It's true. But Seider is a god among children. He's a 27 year old in a 20 year olds body. Will probably be the most dominant NHL Dman in the league in a season or two. His trajectory is ahead of Lidstrom's...

Johansson is a good prospect, but still a normal prospect. If we've inserted 20 year old Dmen post Red Kelly, I dunno who they are, and they're very few and far between. He should get more time to develop.

Edited by Gniwder

4 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

It's true. But Seider is a god among children. He's a 27 year old in a 20 year olds body. Will probably be the most dominant NHL Dman in the league in a season or two. His trajectory is ahead of Lidstrom's...

Johansson is a good prospect, but still a normalhuman prospect. If we've inserted 20 year old Dmen post Red Kelly, I dunno who they are, and they're very few and far between. He should get more time to develop.

ftfy

Question; how much are you cooming every time you type Seiders name?

On 4/20/2021 at 9:13 PM, mackel said:

Everything except the bold I get. The bold is what surprises me, why wouldnt you want him to break out and become a stud winger? I'm not saying he will, but when you are a fan of a team you should hope that every player hits their ceiling.

14 hours ago, kliq said:

Everything except the bold I get. The bold is what surprises me, why wouldnt you want him to break out and become a stud winger? I'm not saying he will, but when you are a fan of a team you should hope that every player hits their ceiling.

I think that's been ruled out... I hope to win the lottery but I'm not planning how I'd spend the money.

In other words I'm not actively hoping for something I don't think is possible... but hey I'll accept a miracle, sure.

8 hours ago, mackel said:

I think that's been ruled out... I hope to win the lottery but I'm not planning how I'd spend the money.

In other words I'm not actively hoping for something I don't think is possible... but hey I'll accept a miracle, sure.

Ya, winning the lottery and Zadina turning out well are the exact same odds. I'm not sure sure why I'm surprised to hear more hyperbole from you, honestly I dont care, root for him to suck.

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

Why do the other bottom 10 teams have to be  so freaking useless?  New Jersey, Vancouver and Columbus all lost tonight, and of course we got 2 points.

The standings don’t lie. Teams bellow us are actually worse than us. 

8 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Why do the other bottom 10 teams have to be  so freaking useless?  New Jersey, Vancouver and Columbus all lost tonight, and of course we got 2 points.

We basically have zero chance of ending ahead of canucks and senators have been picking it up and should pass us, either way this is a s*** draft year and staying put at 6-7 would be perfect to take wallstedt

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We basically have zero chance of ending ahead of canucks and senators have been picking it up and should pass us, either way this is a s*** draft year and staying put at 6-7 would be perfect to take wallstedt

Meh I vouched for Askarov in the first round last year, but after watching Wallstedt play I'm starting to think he would be a big mistake in the first round. Totally overhyped. He's big and the technique/positioning is there, but he has nowhere near the speed of Askarov. In fact I would even call his side-to-side movement slow for a goalie. On top of that he likes to play aggressive and challenge shooters outside the paint. Guys like Hasek and Askarov can get away with stuff like that, but big slow goalies will get burned.

Wallstedt - big mistake
It's a D heavy draft - take the Dman

18 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Meh I vouched for Askarov in the first round last year, but after watching Wallstedt play I'm starting to think he would be a big mistake in the first round. Totally overhyped. He's big and the technique/positioning is there, but he has nowhere near the speed of Askarov. In fact I would even call his side-to-side movement slow for a goalie. On top of that he likes to play aggressive and challenge shooters outside the paint. Guys like Hasek and Askarov can get away with stuff like that, but big slow goalies will get burned.

Wallstedt - big mistake
It's a D heavy draft - take the Dman

I'm hoping Sebastian Cossa is around for the Washington pick. I also think he has been far more impressive than Wallstedt. 

Our own first needs to be used on a LHD for sure. Or a center if the best dmen are taken. 

Edited by marcaractac

15 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm hoping Sebastian Cossa is around for the Washington pick. I also think he has been far more impressive than Wallstedt. 

Our own first needs to be used on a RHD for sure. Or a center if the best dmen are taken. 

I think you meant LHD? 

Eklund is clobbering the SEL (age relative of course). He's a winger but you still take him despite the current depth at that position

Guenther should be taken if he's there too. 

Basically Yzerman shouldn't be winger averse.