• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

4/18 Detroit vs. Chicago

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Y19 said:

Back to earth for the Wings?  They go 0 for 3 on the PP and give up a goal in the last minute to go down 1-0 at the 1st intermission.

Wings clearly the better team though in the first period. Blackhawks sucks.

Well, I watched both the Wings and the Tigers today, and they both got shut out.  I watched the Tigers yesterday and they got shut out.  I take full responsibility.  After all, I DIDN'T watch the Pistons, and they're not being shut out.  They're losing, but they're not being shut out.

the result unfortunately doesn´t mirror the game. Wings were the better team, but were not able to put constant pressure on chicagos defense, add an abysmal pp, questionable lines (Fil on the second line and pp unit, Nielsen) and you end up losing.

19 minutes ago, ely s said:

the result unfortunately doesn´t mirror the game. Wings were the better team, but were not able to put constant pressure on chicagos defense, add an abysmal pp, questionable lines (Fil on the second line and pp unit, Nielsen) and you end up losing.

I watched up until about the middle of the 2nd period and the Red Wings kept Blackhawks SOG at 6 up until then and nowhere did Chicago look like the better team.

By looking at the stats what happened after that doesnt look pretty.

the unpretty part were costly turnovers nicely finished by a skilled chicago team. The Wings have no chance against teams like that without constant pressure and Fil and Nielsen might be more experienced and defensively sound but they are also f+++ing slow and their offensive upside is long gone. Bring in the young guns, up the tempo, teach them to play the right way and off you go!