• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

Apathy - GDT - vs Dallas 4/19/21

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, Austrianwing said:

Lol, was about to create a 4/19 - Created by an amateur because no-one else did - GDT

In the meanwhile...
Dammit Helm! And: Of course! Sigh.

I'm at the game; tell me about it.  I'm just hoping we at least score one.  

2 minutes ago, NotTooAbby said:

I'm at the game; tell me about it.  I'm just hoping we at least score one.  

Yeah, losing is one thing, but sitting in the other guys' barn you want to at least feel like it was competitive.

Is it just me, or are those Dallas Unis almost like camouflage on screen?

Here's a microcosm of the Wings' woes: Our shooters in the shootout were Larkin, Gagner, Erne, Svech, and Hronek. Those are apparently the most talented offensive players we had available lol. No wonder our scoring is in the toilet.

Also, it's maybe time for us to have the uncomfortable conversation that Dylan Larkin is just not all that offensively talented. He needs to be taken off the half wall on the PP, he can't make plays AT ALL. Starting today Vrana would be in that spot for me.

27 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Here's a microcosm of the Wings' woes: Our shooters in the shootout were Larkin, Gagner, Erne, Svech, and Hronek. Those are apparently the most talented offensive players we had available lol. No wonder our scoring is in the toilet.

Also, it's maybe time for us to have the uncomfortable conversation that Dylan Larkin is just not all that offensively talented. He needs to be taken off the half wall on the PP, he can't make plays AT ALL. Starting today Vrana would be in that spot for me.

I am ready to have this conversation. Although he looked hurt or exhausted last night. 

edit: it's no secret that we need a #1C with more skill than Larkin

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I am ready to have this conversation. Although he looked hurt or exhausted last night. 

edit: it's no secret that we need a #1C with more skill than Larkin

I do like that the Yzerman/Draper brain trust seems to be much more inclined toward offense than Holland's team was. You look at the guys we've signed/traded for/drafted and offensive skill is definitely a big part of the package. But as much as I think Blashill has done a very good job getting what he could with the hand he's been dealt, I'm just not sure he really knows how to get much out of a team offensively.  At this point I'm basically all in on Gerard Gallant. We've got the makings of a fast, tenacious, skilled team and that's basically the hallmark of his systems. I'll f*cking puke if they hire Lane Lambert (Barry Trotz's assistant) and we're back to defense first hockey again.

I look at Larkin's future role as hopefully Landeskog-lite. Big part of the team's future soul. But not their best player. 

My vote is for Gallant too. No disrespect to Blashill who deserves at least one Jack Adams vote for what he's been able to do with this team over the past 15 games or so. 

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

An offense built around Larkin is definitely problematic, as he'd fit more as a matchup center. This is why I'm also on the Berniers train for this draft. Mainly because I doubt we'll be bad enough next year for a top 3 pick.

Unless his offensive game mutates, Beniers is basically Larkin 2.0 no?