• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Y19

4/20 (snicker) GDT - Red Wings at Stars - 8:30 PM EDT

Rate this topic

Well, running a bit late.  Just sat down to enjoy the game and I see we're already down 2-0 late in the 1st period.  Wings ... amiright?

And now we're down 3-0.  Defense looking horrible to non-existent.

Edited by Y19

I'ma go with "woof".  Bernier pulled in favor of Greiss after the Stars score their 4th goal.  Must have had some effect since Filpulla scores shortly afterward.  Stars lead 4-1 early in the 2nd.

Edited by Y19

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Haven't been able to watch the last few games. Anyone wanna comment on Panik or Vrana? Cheers

I wasn't really paying attention closely enough for any real analysis, but...
Panik did seem to show a few moments of intensity, but on the whole did not accomplish much. Not sure how much of that is just him being the player he is at this stage, vs often managing to do the wrong thing with a new team/ new system. Hoping the latter is at least part of it, and he becomes a little more effective.

Vrana does float a little occasionally, and is unlikely to be contending for any Selke trophies, but not unusually so for an offense first kind of player. It's pretty clear the guy can skate and shoot, but it was nice to see that he can make good smart passes. A little bit of creativity and offensive zone IQ is certainly good to see on this roster. Not sure he will be able to 'drive' a line, but I expect he will produce on the nights that the team around him is not in 100% dumpster fire mode like last night.

I'll leave it to someone else to detail all the flaws in their games, lol.

I'd generally agree with the above. Though I'd add a couple things. Vrana basically had all of Detroit's best offensive chances last night. He hit one post himself, set up Filppula for another that also hit a post, and finally he set up the goal Filppula scored by drawing in the defender and getting the pass through.

51 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'd generally agree with the above. Though I'd add a couple things. Vrana basically had all of Detroit's best offensive chances last night. He hit one post himself, set up Filppula for another that also hit a post, and finally he set up the goal Filppula scored by drawing in the defender and getting the pass through.

Absolutely... I guess I kind of understated that in my comments, but that is exactly what I was really happy to see. He seems to see offensive possibilities, figures out how to use his skating to make it happen, and then put the puck on someone's tape where they have a chance to do something with it. There is definitely more to his game than just run and gun breakaway skills.  :)