• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gniwder

Éric Gélinas

Rate this topic

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Tryin to think of players like 24 and under that might be had for good value and turn into something. Prior to last season Patrick had back to back seasons of 13 goals and seeing how we can afford to give him ice time atm maybe he can bounce back and hit 20?

Its not that i want him badly ,if we can pry a geekie or boulet for cheap might be worth a look . Maybe foote from tampa becomes available now , debrusk from boston (although i doubt theyd trade him to us) Fabbro if nashville holds on to ekholm and doesnt go the 4/4 route for expansion draft 

I’m just looking for some options with some potential but im not tied down to patrick particularly 

Aside from the fact that he already had significant concussion issues before he was even drafted, he missed an entire season because of MORE concussion issues and has sucked since returning. The guy is closer to retiring than "bouncing back". I get trying to find value, I just think you're barking up the wrong tree with Nolan Patrick.

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Aside from the fact that he already had significant concussion issues before he was even drafted, he missed an entire season because of MORE concussion issues and has sucked since returning. The guy is closer to retiring than "bouncing back". I get trying to find value, I just think you're barking up the wrong tree with Nolan Patrick.

Well you cant argue the cost would be too expensive but i get your point . Depending the price i might consider it . Debrusk would be nice but we’d probably have to send a newly signed bertuzzi which i wouldnt do

anyways should be a fun off season with the expansion draft coming and teams up to the cap they’ll be alot of movement

9 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

You know what good player we could pick up cheap: Johnathan Drouin

Only if we get boulet And a few other french players so the quebec media hates us

7 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Hurricanes sign Gelinas.

We'll see how he does without Seider to carry him.

Seems a lot of fans (outside of Wings fans) are surprised by this, since Gelinas really isn't that great on his own. An indicator that teams will be more desperate for low cost talent this year? I think so. I think more than a few teams may be forced to fill holes with guys like this cause of money issues. Red Wings in a great position to scoop up the remaining good talent at good prices this year.l

I think the leftovers will be aged vets that wouldn't make sense for this team tho. Don't think ur gonna see a lot of guys under 30 who aren't signed.

4 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

April 23rd - Drouin skates during warmups for a game against Calgary. Ducharme informs him he'll be on the 4th line. Drouin goes back to the lockerroom. Never returns. Short time later Habs announce he's taken a leave of absence for the reminder of the season and playoffs - no reason given.

Everyone speculates it's covid or family issues. I think he just quit the team again.

All I've heard since is that he still remains in contact with his teammates and is very enthusiastic/supportive of their playoff run.

My guess is Habs will continue to keep things quiet and trade him in the offseason.

I thought he left cause his mental health , if he quit the team why would we want him? Either way yzerman traded his ass already once i highly doubt hes on our radar . Id expect bergie to throw a 2nd or 3rd to seattle to take him and keep the allen/price tandem going while freeing up 5 mill cap space

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I thought he left cause his mental health , if he quit the team why would we want him? Either way yzerman traded his ass already once i highly doubt hes on our radar . Id expect bergie to throw a 2nd or 3rd to seattle to take him and keep the allen/price tandem going while freeing up 5 mill cap space

He'd be the new team captain.

11 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The Habs nor Drouin or his agent Walsh have ever officially given a reason.

Interview with Danault:

I think this is where the mental health stuff is coming from.

It's tough because we have all this #BellLetsTalk mental health campaign stuff. So If Drouin is really suffering from mental health issues we should respect his right to just abandon the team right before the playoffs, no?

But at the same time this dude has a history of not reporting to his teams for bratty reasons, and Ducharme just happened to demote him to the 4th line right when he decided to take a mental health break.

How much of this is mental health and how much of this just Drouin being bratty Drouin?

I get the feeling it's the later and Drouin may have already demanded a trade out of MTL...

And you're promoting that we acquire this guy? 

7 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Imagine getting a 26 year old 50 pt winger that turns it on in the playoffs for really cheap. I'd entertain that.

We just have to be really nice to him and never say anything bad.

And play him with our elite center, Larkin.

49 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The Habs nor Drouin or his agent Walsh have ever officially given a reason.

Interview with Danault:

I think this is where the mental health stuff is coming from.

It's tough because we have all this #BellLetsTalk mental health campaign stuff. So If Drouin is really suffering from mental health issues we should respect his right to just abandon the team right before the playoffs, no?

But at the same time this dude has a history of not reporting to his teams for bratty reasons, and Ducharme just happened to demote him to the 4th line right when he decided to take a mental health break.

How much of this is mental health and how much of this just Drouin being bratty Drouin?

I get the feeling it's the later and Drouin may have already demanded a trade out of MTL...

He’s definetly leaving montreal regardless the reason but i could never see yzerman making a deal for him . He’d probably make drouin cry at some point