• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gniwder

5/5 - Fight Night GDT - Tom Wilson @ NY Rangers - 7PM EDT

Rate this topic

What's everyone's thoughts on bringing back Brendan Smith?

Tied for 3rd in the league with 5 fights this season. Fought Wilson last night.

Just turned 32. Averages 15 pts a season (no different than Nemeth or Merrill).

He might be willing to sign for like 900K

22 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

He did well against Wilson. Good for him. 

IF (again, if) a guy like Johansson makes the NHL roster next season, I could see them wanting a bit of juice back there. Smith fits the bill. 

But my god, he's just such a dummy.......

22 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He did well against Wilson. Good for him. 

IF (again, if) a guy like Johansson makes the NHL roster next season, I could see them wanting a bit of juice back there. Smith fits the bill. 

But my god, he's just such a dummy.......

I really want Oleksiak as our D addition. Can prolly be had for 3-4 mil. 6'7" 260 lbs. LHD, plays 2nd pair for Dallas.

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

That's all you need to know about how little fighting there is today in hockey.  Even in a shortened season.  

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

I'm in. I have it on good authority that Brendan Smith is a "dynamic offensive defenseman". Lol. The whole timeline of our rebuild would be different if Babcock had just let Smith partner with Kronwall.

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm in. I have it on good authority that Brendan Smith is a "dynamic offensive defenseman". Lol. The whole timeline of our rebuild would be different if Babcock had just let Smith partner with Kronwall.

Everyone know's Dmen don't peak until 33 okay. He's about to come into his own trust me.

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I hope when I decide to abandon all of you someday that I've left enough of an impression that you still talk about me when I'm gone. :lol:

Prob not tho. 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I hope when I decide to abandon all of you someday that I've left enough of an impression that you still talk about me when I'm gone. :lol:

Prob not tho. 

You've had some doozies too, that's for sure. I'll definitely think of you and eat crow as I watch all-star center Alexis Lafreniere dominate the NHL. If I'd only listened to Wayne Gretzky lol.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Prob not tho. 

Like you ever gonna leave...

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You've had some doozies too, that's for sure. I'll definitely think of you and eat crow as I watch all-star center Alexis Lafreniere dominate the NHL. If I'd only listened to Wayne Gretzky lol.

That was KRSmith too. I may have gotten involved to call you an A-Hole Know-it-All though. lol

49 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The Rags are really being childish.  Shame on them for not having one goon in their system for this purpose.  Tom Wilson is a bully in a school without teachers or a principal.  Either kick his ass, or give him your lunch money.

Smith tried but "heavyweight" Wilson per Pierre handled him pretty easily. Love to have seen Wilson up against Twist, Kocur,Domi,  Probie...etc etc. 

30 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Smith tried but "heavyweight" Wilson per Pierre handled him pretty easily. Love to have seen Wilson up against Twist, Kocur,Domi,  Probie...etc etc. 

Reeves would beat Wilson's arse. Wilson pu#@sied out against him last year or so

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Tom Wilson would never survive as an old school goon. He only has a job because his low end pugilism skills are effective in a league without enforcers, and he has just enough hockey skills to not become extinct the way goons did.

Tom Wilson is good tho. 33 pts in 44 g this season and has been a well over .5 ppg player for the last 4 seasons. 

5 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Tom Wilson is good tho. 33 pts in 44 g this season and has been a well over .5 ppg player for the last 4 seasons. 

Folks forget Wilson is a former #16 overall pick. 50 pt enforcer. They are rare these days and I would kill to have a player like this on the wings.

1 hour ago, Gniwder said:

Folks forget Wilson is a former #16 overall pick. 50 pt enforcer. They are rare these days and I would kill to have a player like this on the wings.

Wilson is another Wayne Simmonds. I've got all day for those kinds of players.