• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gniwder

5/7 - It's Friday Night, Go Out, Meet A Girl, Make Something Of Yoursefl, Don't Watch This Game GDT - Wings @ Jackets - 7PM EDT

Rate this topic

Here's hoping for 2 close/competitive regulation losses to end the season to improve the lottery odds...  at least with the way Rangers ownership pissed off the league they probably won't be gifted yet another lottery "win".  Maybe we won't drop max spots this year... FINGERS CROSSED!

16 minutes ago, mackel said:

Here's hoping for 2 close/competitive regulation losses to end the season to improve the lottery odds...  at least with the way Rangers ownership pissed off the league they probably won't be gifted yet another lottery "win".  Maybe we won't drop max spots this year... FINGERS CROSSED!

They'll just gift LA instead

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

And Columbus goalie tonight have played a total of 7 AHL games this season. First 20/21 NHL game. Played 6 NHL games last season.

This is a tankjob.

Yea it is 100%... yet nobody seems to be calling it out like last year when the Wings legitimately that bad and yet were accused of tanking daily.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I genuinely don't care about our lotto positioning for this draft.

It's not that I don't like the available players. I do like the talent. I just think perceived separation is kind of out the window this year, at least for amateur dinguses like us. So I'll trust that Yzerman's scouting machinery will do its best to identify and snag a gem at, like, 8th overall. If Yzerman's the mad genius people say he is, he'll murder at least one of these 1st-round picks in this "weak" draft.

Also, f*** 'lumbus.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I genuinely don't care about our lotto positioning for this draft.

It's not that I don't like the available players. I do like the talent. I just think perceived separation is kind of out the window this year, at least for amateur dinguses like us. So I'll trust that Yzerman's scouting machinery will do its best to identify and snag a gem at, like, 8th overall. If Yzerman's the mad genius people say he is, he'll murder at least one of these 1st-round picks in this "weak" draft.

Also, f*** 'lumbus.

Hey.

The man discovered America. Sorta.

Show Chris some respect.

The positive effects of good games from our young players and not finishing last in their division are more important than one or two spots in a draft. Finishing on a high note and go into the offseason with confidence is what we need now.

9 hours ago, mackel said:

The Vikings discovered the Americas hundreds of years before Columbus.

You are correct. Which is why I said "sorta".

The Vikings reached Newfoundland centuries before Columbus reached the Americas. Polynesian explorers reached the Pacific Coast even before that. Columbus didn't even reach the continent. I guess he technically discovered the Caribbean. Then they named the continents after a completely different explorer. If not for the false history taught in grammar schools, Columbus would be a side note.

48 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Indigenous peoples say hi

There are no indigenous peoples of the Americas. They all came from Asia originally.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You are correct. Which is why I said "sorta".

The Vikings reached Newfoundland centuries before Columbus reached the Americas. Polynesian explorers reached the Pacific Coast even before that. Columbus didn't even reach the continent. I guess he technically discovered the Caribbean. Then they named the continents after a completely different explorer. If not for the false history taught in grammar schools, Columbus would be a side note.

There are no indigenous peoples of the Americas. They all came from Asia originally.

The Phoenicians mapped the amazon river long before the vikings

idiot

6 hours ago, ely s said:

The positive effects of good games from our young players and not finishing last in their division are more important than one or two spots in a draft. Finishing on a high note and go into the offseason with confidence is what we need now.

Because winning meaningless games in 2019 carried over so well into the following season.

18 hours ago, Dabura said:

For me, it isn't about the lottery. Just want the Wings to get a as high draft pick as possible. Who knows who the best prospect is in this draft. Power is ranked 1OA because he is considered the safest pick by analysts.

19 hours ago, Dabura said:

Also, f*** 'lumbus.

Why Modern-Day Christopher Columbus Fans Wage a Yearly Culture War | by  Miles Klee | MEL Magazine | Medium

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hey.

The man discovered America. Sorta.

Show Chris some respect.

more like christopher coDUMBus

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

For me, it isn't about the lottery. Just want the Wings to get a as high draft pick as possible. Who knows who the best prospect is in this draft. Power is ranked 1OA because he is considered the safest pick by analysts.

Sure. I hear ya on that. I want Yzerman and his people to have as many options as possible. I guess all I'm saying is I'm just not as invested as I normally am. And that's because I honestly don't see much separation within the first 10+ guys. No clear-cut top dogs, IMO. But that's just me.