• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Dekeyser's Value

Rate this topic

Should the Wings let him walk after next year?  I like him with Seider on the 2nd airing if we can get him for about 2.5 mil per.  But that's a steep hit to his current rate.  I have a feeling he will be playing hard next year to earn a nice ufa contract.  The Wings might not want to pay him the going rate.

2 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Should the Wings let him walk after next year?  I like him with Seider on the 2nd airing if we can get him for about 2.5 mil per.  But that's a steep hit to his current rate.  I have a feeling he will be playing hard next year to earn a nice ufa contract.  The Wings might not want to pay him the going rate.

It really depends on what happens in the expansion draft, how Cholowski pans out, and what happens with Stecher.

Too soon to tell. If Seattle doesn't take them, and Cholowski and Lindstrom finally solidify roster spots, it could come down to Stecher and DK to bring back. I would fo Stecher in that case.

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I don't disagree. I'm just saying there is always better, younger options in UFA. 

Yes, but if you can get DK for league minimum, you do it. That's a solid depth signing.

A healthy DDK, with no lingering issues, is someone I wouldn´t mind having on the team, but unfortunately he is never really healthy. So take a pick for him at next years deadline, if you get one, and let him go.

Gotta figure that at least some of these older guys are going to want an opportunity to maybe go play for a Cup. Guys like DK and Glenny have never even whiffed playoff success and that might be tempting to chase in FA if they can latch on with a better team somewhere.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Gotta figure that at least some of these older guys are going to want an opportunity to maybe go play for a Cup. Guys like DK and Glenny have never even whiffed playoff success and that might be tempting to chase in FA if they can latch on with a better team somewhere.

I would think so. They got to be thinking that they will have no place on this team in 2-3 years anyway.

Just now, Akakabuto said:

I would think so. They got to be thinking that they will have no place on this team in 2-3 years anyway.

Exactly. Only way I see them staying is if they're the "I only wanna play for one team" type of players that us Michiganders grew up with. Of course, all of Yzerman, Lids, Dats, Zetterberg, Kronwall, etc. won Cups early enough in their careers to have that luxury. DK and Glenny not so much.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

I think Staal did a good job of showing that Dekeyser is just not good. 

God I hate to say this.

Cause I hate Staal and think he sucks

But you're right. Staal is better. DK is trash and how he's flown under the radar for this long is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

God I hate to say this.

But you're right. Staal is better. DK is trash and how he's flown under the radar for this long is amazing.

Dekeyser can easily be replaced with another Stecher-level signing next summer. Time to move on from Holland-era mediocrity. Not to mention Johansson might be ready to make the jump by then.

Hell, even Cholowski passed Dekeyser in usefulness at this point. I'm actually shocked at how quietly responsible he was in most recent stint.

17 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Dekeyser can easily be replaced with another Stecher-level signing next summer. Time to move on from Holland-era mediocrity. Not to mention Johansson might be ready to make the jump by then.

Hell, even Cholowski passed Dekeyser in usefulness at this point. I'm actually shocked at how quietly responsible he was in most recent stint.

You know you're bad when the fan sentiment is "anyone else"

If Nielsen wasn't looming and our D so gutted, he would honestly be a buyout candidate.

GET THE TRASH OFF THIS TEAM GOYZZERMMAN

4 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

You know you're bad when the fan sentiment is "anyone else"

If Nielsen wasn't looming and our D so gutted, he would honestly be a buyout candidate.

GET THE TRASH OFF THIS TEAM GOYZZERMMAN

My only question with Nielsen is whether he gets bought out, waived, or if there is a taxi squad next season to burry him on. 

Maybe he'll do us all a favor and just retire. If he can no longer crack this roster...

8 hours ago, Gniwder said:

God I hate to say this.

I thought the Staal/Stecher pairing was pretty consistent.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Staal signing on for another season, but that’s probably slim.

15 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Marc Staal will be 35 next season, you all are insane.

Cut his old stank ass

Literally anyone younger is a better investment

This. Why would anyone want Staal back? There are several better options in free agency to replace him with. 

10 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

This. Why would anyone want Staal back? There are several better options in free agency to replace him with. 

We have money and cap flexibility

>resign awful slow vet because familiarity

WTF why shut up no stop 911 help NO

8 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

We have money and cap flexibility

>resign awful slow vet because familiarity

WTF why shut up no stop 911 help NO

Didn’t we just give Holland s*** for doing exactly this for years?