• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Dekeyser's Value

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Didn’t we just give Holland s*** for doing exactly this for years?

thank you

we finally have a clean slate and folks wanna sign 35 year old NYR cast outs to extensions

plz stop being idiotic

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I agree with you and Gwar. But let's be clear. Holland signed these guys for TERM. Like 3 - 5 year deals.

Stop being a *****

Fil was a mistake

Staal would be a mistake

grow a pair and say it

Why do so many players go from Red Wings to out of the league? Pushor, Eriksson, Kuznetsov, Brunner, Leino, (Devereaux?).... All disappeared after taking off the Winged Wheel.

8 hours ago, big man said:

Is Danny going to be as sad as Abdelkader? Goes from being a $5 mil Red Wing in his early thirties to completely discarded by the NHL? I guess Wingers are more replaceable. Prolly takes $2mill to go play somewhere poopy like Staal is doing with us.

At least Abby walked away with $30 million and a hot wife. I wouldn't call that "sad".

Shop the SEEN Magazine Cover

tumblr_o5esa8jUQM1sznyklo1_1280.jpg
Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

11 minutes ago, big man said:

Leino did well in Philly after us, then got a huge contract from Buffalo

The saddest part about Abby was he couldn't find a job all last year, then at the last minute finally went to Switzerland. Then this year a buncha articles ran in the offseason about him pushing for a job in the NHL again, and of course nothing happened for him again. It doesn't appear he's signed anywhere for this season, so I think he's finally given up.

both guys werent willing to work off the ice.

On at least two different occasions last night Dekeyser got walked for scoring chances against. The dude cannot play. Let him finish out the year (and his contract) as an injury call up and then let him ride off into the sunset. The dude can't skate anymore, he's a liability.

I feel bad for him though. He signed with Detroit right as we were declining, presumably because he's a Michigan guy, and then played his whole career on a garbage team. Now he's permanently injured and likely will never play again. It's rough because he was a hot commodity coming out of college, he could have signed anywhere.

21 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

so long as we arent going to the playoffs.  we look like a playoff team right now, tho.

Too bad the playoffs don't start after 10 games.  Does anyone realistically expect this team to be above .500 after 82 games with Blashill as head coach?  

5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Too bad the playoffs don't start after 10 games.  Does anyone realistically expect this team to be above .500 after 82 games with Blashill as head coach?  

yep

I think we end up with at least 83 points and miss the playoffs

1 hour ago, big man said:

I'm curious what happens with the D at the deadline.

Seems a given that Stecher is gone now that Seider and Lindstrom are both playing well in the lineup. We have the insurance of Murphy and Witkowski behind them and Hronek.

On the leftside, do we trade both Staal and DK? DK seems un-tradeable unless we eat half salary and pitch him to someone like Holland. Staal has an NMC, but he says that's only to control where he goes at the deadline. That still really hinders our trade options. If we trade both we don't really have much backup on the left side. Renouf, Lashoff, McIsaac...

I think you pitch Staal and just keep DK till the contract runs out.

Trade Staal + Stecher + Names at the deadline and call it a season.

Keep Fabbri and Leddy if we can.

When it comes to Edmonton I think you swing for the fences... offer them their choice of D, and Greiss for multiple high picks and Koskinen in return perhaps even another salary dump.

Also, with how we're playing I think some consideration needs to be given to making a pitch for Eichel... I was reading that the price is coming down, but then again we're in the same division. 

34 minutes ago, big man said:

Yeah this team probably isn't ready for the big show just yet, but also, lets ******* go PLAYOFFS NOW.

Heard that Vegas of all places is the front runner now

If we're in the playoff picture at the TDL, f*** off I'm keeping at least Leddy and Fabbri.

If not in the playoff picture I'd still like to keep. But if they're not gonna extend sell the bastards for all their worth.

Edvinsson and some of the other D prospects makes keeping Leddy unnecessary, IMO. I'm not against it, but if he can get us a 1st or 2nd at the TDL, you have to take it. SY can always acquire another veteran D via trade. He's done it the last 2 years.

Fabbri is a fine middle 6 forward. Would not mind keeping him going forward. But if Berggren and Tyutyayev are part of the future, then Fabbri is also expendable. Like Leddy, if he can get you a good pick at the TDL, its Bye Bye for me.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Edvinsson and some of the other D prospects makes keeping Leddy unnecessary, IMO. I'm not against it, but if he can get us a 1st or 2nd at the TDL, you have to take it. SY can always acquire another veteran D via trade. He's done it the last 2 years.

Fabbri is a fine middle 6 forward. Would not mind keeping him going forward. But if Berggren and Tyutyayev are part of the future, then Fabbri is also expendable. Like Leddy, if he can get you a good pick at the TDL, its Bye Bye for me.

im with you.  if we can get a couple 2nd rnd picks for Leddy and Fabbri, move them.  That helps us trade up in the draft to bolster our chances.

7 hours ago, kliq said:

I get it, but even in the AHL you are still paid a very good salary to play a game. As a fan though, its sad to see when players regress like this.

Im not sure why it was this way, but it always annoyed me how DK seemed to escape fan criticism up until the very end.

He was a bottom pairing caliber Dman playing the in the top4 for literally the entirety of that $5 million 6 year year contract (with NTC). He shouldn't have even been on an NHL roster the last 3+ seasons. With the way folks treated Quincey and Ericsson, you would think he would have got more backlash with his poor play and bad contract. Even Marc Staal got a new contract this year...

I guess DK gets some leeway for being a Red Wings die hard? IDK

Here's our D from last year and their roles NOW:

Leddy (STL 1st/2nd pairing) - Seider (1st pairing)
Dekeyser (AHL) - Hronek (2nd)
Staal - (FLA 2nd/3rd) Lindstrom (3rd)
Oesterle (3rd/scratch)

One of those stands out... maybe fans gave him leeway because Blash continued using him despite being bad?

Edited by bIueadams

16 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Im not sure why it was this way, but it always annoyed me how DK seemed to escape fan criticism up until the very end.

He was a bottom pairing caliber Dman playing the in the top4 for literally the entirety of that $5 million 6 year year contract (with NTC). He shouldn't have even been on an NHL roster the last 3+ seasons. With the way folks treated Quincey and Ericsson, you would think he would have got more backlash with his poor play and bad contract. Even Marc Staal got a new contract this year...

I guess DK gets some leeway for being a Red Wings die hard? IDK

Here's our D from last year and their roles NOW:

Leddy (STL 1st/2nd pairing) - Seider (1st pairing)
Dekeyser (AHL) - Hronek (2nd)
Staal - (FLA 2nd/3rd) Lindstrom (3rd)
Oesterle (3rd/scratch)

One of those stands out... maybe fans gave him leeway because Blash continued using him despite being bad?

I remember him getting quite a bit of backlash when Holland was GM, but it did die down. My guess is people didnt give him a hard time because he decline was to a degree connected to that back injury he sustained. Who knows, fans are fickle.