• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Kyle needs to come out of the closet already

How exactly is someone who reviews video a coach anyway? Dont they just kinda just go over game footage with the team? Is that really "coaching"? I think "Video Consultant" is a more accurate job title. Calling them a coach makes them feel uppity. Like they have a legit shot at actually being HC one day.

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How exactly is someone who reviews video a coach anyway? Dont they just kinda just go over game footage with the team? Is that really "coaching"? I think "Video Consultant" is a more accurate job title. Calling them a coach makes them feel uppity. Like they have a legit shot at actually being HC one day.

To be fair to them I think it's actually a good bit of work. You have to watch every play of every game 5 times, over-analyzing each player individually. That's 5 hours of video work for every game. Then you have to present it to everyone and do practices and blah blah blah.

Edited by bIueadams

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Should just call them nerds and start bullying them. 

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

To be fair to them I think it's actually a good bit of work. You have to watch every play of every game 5 times, over-analyzing each player individually. That's 5 hours of video work for every game. Then you have to present it to everyone and do practices and blah blah blah.

So basically it's "DeKeyser...You got blown up here. You suck...Leddy...You're not a forward. Play some defense. You suck...Staal...I wish you were Eric. He played better D as a forward. You suck...Oesterle...There's a reason why our GM claimed Juolevi. You suck...Forwards. How do you only score 2 goals a game if you aren't playing any defense? You suck...We might as well pull our goalie for 60 minutes. You guys defend worse than 1940's France. You all suck..."

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So basically it's "DeKeyser...You got blown up here. You suck...Leddy...You're not a forward. Play some defense. You suck...Staal...I wish you were Eric. He played better D as a forward. You suck...Oesterle...There's a reason why our GM claimed Juolevi. You suck...Forwards. How do you only score 2 goals a game if you aren't playing any defense? You suck...We might as well pull our goalie for 60 minutes. You guys defend worse than 1940's France. You all suck..."

"Zadina, you went puck hunting on the forward end of the offensive zine board scrum for the 300th time in a row. How many times can we tell you you need to attack the scrum from the defensive side?"

Smart guys like Seider and Edvinsson will incorporate dumb crap like this into their game quickly. The dumb ones will get brendan smithed eventually. 

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So should we start a pool on when Jeff is shown the door?

At this point, SY has to cut him loose. This team is performing horribly under Blashill. And it's not going to get better. I can't figure out what is wrong specifically, but this is exactly the kind of scenario where you fire the HC.

That said, it may be a blessing in disguise. They werent making the playoffs anyway, and now their draft position keeps getting better.

SY doesnt make hasty decisions. I think he keeps Blashill for now, trades away as many non-vital assets as he can, and fires Blashill after the season ends, but before the draft.

58 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

At this point, SY has to cut him loose. This team is performing horribly under Blashill. And it's not going to get better. I can't figure out what is wrong specifically, but this is exactly the kind of scenario where you fire the HC.

That said, it may be a blessing in disguise. They werent making the playoffs anyway, and now their draft position keeps getting better.

SY doesnt make hasty decisions. I think he keeps Blashill for now, trades away as many non-vital assets as he can, and fires Blashill after the season ends, but before the draft.

The defense - everyone outside of Seider is utter garbage. They cannot handle a strong forecheck at all and routinely give up defensive zone turnovers. It's like they have no idea how to break the puck out of the zone once they obtain it. This leads to us getting hemmed in to our own zone for too much of the game. You'd think Blash would have a solution or change or remedy for this by now, he's been dealing with this same problem for 7 seasons. But it's just business as usual. When Babcock started losing D men and his blue line got weaker there was instantaneous action and change. He buttoned down the hatches everywhere and started playing the entire team in a more defensively oriented scheme to compensate for his crippled blue line. Fans griped about these changes and boring hockey, but it was probably exactly the right move given his circumstances. I have never seen any innovation like this from Blash for better or worse. He's just not a tactician in even the slightest regard. Like bro - you gotta try something new. Play trap hockey. Clog up the neutral zone. Do something.

I'd be knocking down Yzermans door to get somebody anybody off the waiver wire to help the defense. Give Oesterle a serious stint in the top4. Try Juolevi. Call up Sebrango. Just do. Leddy, Staal, DK are trash.

The goalies - thank God Blash had the brains to start Greiss last night. He's running a young goalie into the ground in Ned. It's beyond obvious but it took him 2 weeks plus to notice.

The forwards - dump and chase not working. How about drop passing? Drop passing not working. How about dump and chase? PP been a mess for years. What players has he developed in the last 7 years? Bertuzzi, the ultra confident individualist who marches to his own drum and could probably will himself to success anywhere? Raymond, the super high pick that was instantly an impact player? Svech, the dissapointment? Ras, the dissapointment? Zadina the dissapointment? Veleno, the dissapointment? AA, the dissapointment? Mantha, the dissapointment? 

Don't fire this guy tomorrow. Fire him now. 

The presser was interesting yesterday.

Stevie clapped back on the HSJ for asking about Blashill. I don't want to read too much into that... the guy probably hasn't slept much in the last 48 hours and he was correct that it wasn't exactly appropriate for this presser. However, the team has been in free fall recently and you should fully expect reporters to ask about the coach and what the hell is going on. That presser felt different to me than most Yzerman pressers. I didn't feel good after. Maybe he was just tired, but the frustration and disappointment from Yzerman was palpable IMO.

We might be seeing a coaching change this offseason, but then again, Yzerman is known for his patience and I can't say I have eyes for a different coach at the moment.

I have liked Sundqvist for a while, so happy to see this addition. Great forechecker, PKer, and all around checking forward. He can probably play up and down the lineup if needed. Stevie's take on him being a superb lockerroom guy in the presser was nice to here too. Maybe our replacement for Staal as "lockerroom dad".

Stevie's take on Walman was also super encouraging. He's been following this guy since his days in Tampa. Obviously he sees something in this player. He's been very sheltered with the Blues, but will certainly get the opportunity here to show he has more.

Lines after the TDL i'm hoping to see:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - Suter - Sundqvist
Erne - Rasmussen - Zadina
Smith - Veleno - Gagner

Oesterle - Seider
Walman - Hronek
Juolevi - Lindstrom
Staal

Greiss
Ned

Injuries: Dekeyser, Fabbri, Stephens, Rowney

Blash is gone at the end of the season. The boutique pick to replace him is Rikard Gronborg, the former Swedish National Team head coach and current head coach of the Zurich Lions of the Swiss League.

The actual pick will be Lane Lambert, because Yzerman isn't a doucheb*g.

Edited by kipwinger

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Blash is gone at the end of the season. The boutique pick to replace him is Rikard Gronborg, the former Swedish National Team head coach and current head coach of the Zurich Lions of the Swiss League.

The actual pick will be Lane Lambert, because Yzerman isn't a doucheb*g.

ha ha ha.  good call

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

ha ha ha.  good call

Or...

Yzerman: I'd like to introduce the new head coach of the Detroit Red Wings, Lane Lamb...

*Lights Go Out*

*Lights Come Back On*

Yzerman: As  I was saying, I'd like to...

*Chelsea Dagger begins to play"

Jim Ross: BAH GAWD THAT'S JOEL QUENNEVILLE'S MUSIC! SOMEBODY STOP THE DAYYUM PRESSER! JOEL QUENNEVILLE IS HERE! JOEL QUENNEVILLE IS HERE!