• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

On 4/15/2022 at 9:22 AM, Rivalred said:

How does a coach get consistent play out of players and maintain player respect?

Scotty used to say every coach has a shelf life. Eventually players tune you out. And Scotty jumped from team to team for that very reason. He knew when he was no longer having the desired affect. 

Babs was here for 10 years. When he left fans were eager to see him go. It was a successful decade but his voice was "stale".

Bowman was here for 9. Blash has been here for 7. But Blash also coached these same players in GR, so he's really been here for ELEVEN years. 

The difference between Bowman/Babs and Blash, is players feared Bowman and Babs. Blash has always been praised as a players pal and good with kids. It shows. I believe it was Chelios or Shanahan who said "you hated Bowman for 364 days a year, but then you won the cup". Of course it comes out later that everyone hated Babs as well. Modano and Commodore felt screwed by him. Franzen and Nyquist hated him. And even talk of Lidstrom lobbying Holland to change coaches. 

Your not supposed to like your coach. A coach isn't your friend. They're your boss. Your task master. Tis better to be feared then loved. 

Our players have completely tuned Blash out at this point. I struggle to list any success stories he's had in his 11 year tenure. Fans are chanting fire blashill in the stadium on Easter. McCarty is on YouTube calling for his head. 

For the love of God I hope SY finally cuts ties with this idiot. We could have run Dan Bylsma or Dave Lewis for the past 7 years and had the same effect. 

But that's the conspiracy theory isn't it? Jeff is a yes man who does whatever SY wants, so no need to ditch him until SY is ready to go light speed. Which is an even worse look at his coaching. A coach shouldn't be a yes man lil *****.

Jeff is going to be remembered as a black eye on this organization. A dark age we joke about in the future. 

Time to go out and get an actual grown ass man who can men out of these boys. I'm sick of the diaper changing butt wipe agenda. 

Detroit has the 32nd ranked defense in the league this year. Dead. F*cking. Last. I'm sure that Blashill WILL get fired after this season, but I don't think this is on him. When he was given better forwards we scored more. If he had a halfway competent defensive corps, we'd defend better. Simple as that. I'm fine with him getting the can, we need to turn a corner and that'll help. But Yzerman (and Holland/Wright) bear a lot of responsibility here. We have a rookie goalie and our defense in front of him is Seider and a bunch of losers. What is Blashill supposed to do with that?

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Detroit has the 32nd ranked defense in the league this year. Dead. F*cking. Last. I'm sure that Blashill WILL get fired after this season, but I don't think this is on him. When he was given better forwards we scored more. If he had a halfway competent defensive corps, we'd defend better. Simple as that. I'm fine with him getting the can, we need to turn a corner and that'll help. But Yzerman (and Holland/Wright) bear a lot of responsibility here. We have a rookie goalie and our defense in front of him is Seider and a bunch of losers. What is Blashill supposed to do with that?

Youre absolutely right.  This is why Lindholm was important.  Nabbing him filled the 1LHD and allowed Edvinsson to actually fill a manageable role (2LHD).  Not saying another guy wont be available in upcoming trade deadlines or UFA periods, but Lindholm was a great fit for our rebuild.  Spilled milk now tho.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Youre absolutely right.  This is why Lindholm was important.  Nabbing him filled the 1LHD and allowed Edvinsson to actually fill a manageable role (2LHD).  Not saying another guy wont be available in upcoming trade deadlines or UFA periods, but Lindholm was a great fit for our rebuild.  Spilled milk now tho.

I'll agree, but more generally. I don't really care WHO we get to play LHD. Long term it's obviously going to be Edvinsson and one of Wallinder, Johansson, or Buium. But we need SOMEONE on the left side before we can judge the team (or coach). Leddy, DK, Staal, and Oesterle is an embarrassment. Walman seems "okay" but only as a 3rd pair guy...for now. Our defense is a catastrophe and that's on SY to fix. 

I dont think SY intends to fix things to much until after the Bedard/Michkov draft and for good reason imo. Those 2 could be every bit as good as Crosby/Ovi/McDavid/Matthews. If we can get a top 10 pick this year and still have a chance at a top 2 next year we should be ready to compete soon thereafter. This team still lacks that true gamebreaker elite talent. Bedard/Michkov will be that.

Fire Blashill it needs to happen.

Other then that sign a few stop gaps for one more season of s***.

3 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

I dont think SY intends to fix things to much until after the Bedard/Michkov draft and for good reason imo. Those 2 could be every bit as good as Crosby/Ovi/McDavid/Matthews. If we can get a top 10 pick this year and still have a chance at a top 2 next year we should be ready to compete soon thereafter. This team still lacks that true gamebreaker elite talent. Bedard/Michkov will be that.

Fire Blashill it needs to happen.

Other then that sign a few stop gaps for one more season of s***.

Pretty much what I expect to see happen. One more year of stopgaps, one more high-end draft next summer, then times will be changin'. 

At that point not only will be there a deep, young core to lure UFAs, but there will be a s*** load of trade assets too. 

Not gonna see any big 7+ year deals this summer unless it's to lock up someone like Larkin.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'll agree, but more generally. I don't really care WHO we get to play LHD. Long term it's obviously going to be Edvinsson and one of Wallinder, Johansson, or Buium. But we need SOMEONE on the left side before we can judge the team (or coach). Leddy, DK, Staal, and Oesterle is an embarrassment. Walman seems "okay" but only as a 3rd pair guy...for now. Our defense is a catastrophe and that's on SY to fix. 

Fully agree.

Seider = 10/10

Hronek = 6/10

Lindstrom = 5/10

Juolevi = 5/10

Walman = 5/10

Staal = 4/10

Osterle = 4/10

Leddy/Dekeyse = Dust.

Unless Im totally wrong and all of McIsaac, Sebrango, Edvinsson, Johansson, and Wallinder are going to come in next year and light the world on fire, we have a s***ty defense overall still.  What Im expecting is Edvinsson to come in and look good with Hronek and really good with Seider.  Im only expecting Hronek or Lindstrom to make minimal progress.  And thats ok.  We dont need 6 all star defenseman.  We do need 2 LHD that rate 8/10+, tho.  Hopefully, we just need to release our prospects into the wild.

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

No. I don't like Blashill.

blashill.jpg

Look at this R-slur.

He's a ******* coward.

Bored during a conf call and read this 

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2022/3/31/23004141/jeff-blashill-cant-return-after-this-season

This tidbit jumped out among others in the article 

This passive play has created an inability to close out games. Out of their league-leading 20 games that went to overtime this season, they held the lead in the third period in 14 of them. As it stands, the Red Wings have allowed a league-leading 102 goals in the third period this season and have a -36 goal differential.

So is this lack of proper defense or is it a coach's mentality to go into a shell when you have the lead? Either way I would like to see someone new come in and light a fire...

58 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Bored during a conf call and read this 

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2022/3/31/23004141/jeff-blashill-cant-return-after-this-season

This tidbit jumped out among others in the article 

This passive play has created an inability to close out games. Out of their league-leading 20 games that went to overtime this season, they held the lead in the third period in 14 of them. As it stands, the Red Wings have allowed a league-leading 102 goals in the third period this season and have a -36 goal differential.

So is this lack of proper defense or is it a coach's mentality to go into a shell when you have the lead? Either way I would like to see someone new come in and light a fire...

I wouldn't say I see drastic system changes in the 3rd. Maybe just a team with total lack of confidence or leadership in important moments. Either way, dats not gud. 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, bIueadams said:

the Red Wings have allowed a league-leading 102 goals in the third period this season and have a -36 goal differential.

but we conceded 28 empty netters so it´s not as bad as it looks.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:03 PM, ely s said:

but we conceded 28 empty netters so it´s not as bad as it looks.

But were those empty netters due to the fact we went into a shell gave up the lead and were trying to tie it up to get a point and go into OT? 

Is tonight's game the last time we see Blash behind the bench talking behind his hand to the coaches like anything he is saying is a secret? I am getting down on both replaced knees and praying to the Lord above....

That was fast. It was almost as if they had been planning this.

48 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Thank you sweet baby Jesus ..!!!

Interesting there is a name missing in that announcement.... Lambert likes Tanguay?

Also we have only Zadina to beat on for now.........

You can't fire guay people now. Its bad PR.