• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2021 NHL Playoffs

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

He won the 2009 cup that Bettman and the Refs handed to him.

Hush you!

You're ruining the narrative that netminders picked in the 1st round are sumthin bad - waste of a pick sumthin - history of 1st round picks sumthin - sumthin sumthin .....

23 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

MAF teams have been to 5 Stanley cup finals in the modern era. Easliy the most of any goalie.

2009 - MAF played 24 playoff games, backup Garon played 1. But yeah he won from the bench...
2017 - MAF played 15 playoff games, and Murray played 11. Buy yeah he won from the bench...

true story

Fluery pooped out all his poop vs Ottawa. Murray had to come in and save the Pens azz. Played the final four and a half games of the series and the entire finals vs Nashville. His cup. 

43 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

MAF teams have been to 5 Stanley cup finals in the modern era. Easliy the most of any goalie.

2009 - MAF played 24 playoff games, backup Garon played 1. But yeah he won from the bench...
2017 - MAF played 15 playoff games, and Murray played 11. Buy yeah he won from the bench...

Been to 5 finals, played in 3 of them. Won one (2009), lost two (2008, Vegas' first year). 

4 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

And MAF's name is still on 3 cups, those final series are the culmination of an entire season and tournament in which MAF did significant lifting in each. The Pens don't win those back to backs - either of them - with Murray doing a full season and playoffs of lifting being backstopped by Jeff Zatkoff or Mike Condon. He's proved he's nowhere near the caliber of MAF in that regard.

Buddy I'm not making any argument here, I'm simply stating some facts.

But in all fairness, for every time he wins, he also manages to completely f*** over his team with an awful gaffe. That trait of his dates all the way back to the world juniors. 

I'll always be thankful to his ass for scoring the cup clincher for us in 2008 though. 

Edited by marcaractac

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Too late, you're in an argument now.

in the 09 cup MAF played 86 games total that season, I believe the only modern goalies can top that are Broduer, Lundqvist, Luongo, Quick, and Nabokov (good company to keep). And only two of those guys were able to bring the cup home on those insane season runs: Quick and MAF.

Murray's 16/17 run total was only 60 games, with MAF playing more playoff games than him. Murray owes both those cups of his heavily to MAF being there assisting him.

I've disputed none of this. 

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Then as is tradition present me your saber in surrender and I will let you live.

Can't surrender to what you're not involved with. I merely pointed out a couple of facts to assist with the discussion that was ongoing. I have no dog in this fight. 

On 7/6/2021 at 1:33 AM, F.Michael said:

Hush you!

You're ruining the narrative that netminders picked in the 1st round are sumthin bad - waste of a pick sumthin - history of 1st round picks sumthin - sumthin sumthin .....

Awe my bad, I take back everything i said. But i still agree it's bad karma to take goalies in the top 10.

55 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Pretty sure the Habs would've taken the series in 9. Pretty unfair how the league did this one just to get Tampa to repeat.

Nobody wants to win an asterisk cup anyway, and that's all the bolts have at this point. Pretty hilarious to see them celebrate like they actually accomplished something. Let them have their fun I guess.

They need to clear $3.5 minimum to get under the cap, and they have 5 roster spots to fill. Meaning they really need to clear somewhere around $8 million at the very least. I'm thinking they're gonna have to move a bit more than just Tyler Johnson.

To DET: Brayden Point + Erik Cernak
To TBL: Namestnikov (50% retained) + Filip Zadina + 2nd + 3rd

Seattle takes Stecher from us

Vrana - Point - Bertuzzi
Fabbri - Larkin - Rasmussen
Smith - Glendening - Erne
Svechnikov - Veleno - Pearson
Raymond

Seider - Hronek
Dekeyser - Cernak
Cholowski - Lindstrom
Newpower

Roster before UFA

They literally just have to wait for Seattle to take Johnson or Killorn and then trade the other. They'll be fine. Core untouched. No chance they move Point. Oh, and they can't re-sign Savard. That's literally it. They can likely even keep Coleman if they can agree on a small raise to stay with a contender. 

Next year they'll have to dump enough cap for Point's raise. The year after they have to dump enough for Sergachev's raise. Yzerman did a masterful job locking that core in. No Chicago-style blowup to be seen here.

Having said that, if I'm Yzerman, I'm still on the phone with them, but I'm after Johnson to fill in as our 2C until someone takes the job. 

Also, Habs are a Tier 3 team.