• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

7/23 GDT - 2021 Entry Draft

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, amato said:

Is there anyone here who still wants Wallstedt at 6 after the Nedelkjovic trade? 

I mean, if Eklund, Hughes, and McTavish happen to be taken in the top 5 along with Power and Berniers, I'd say taking the goalie would be completely fine. Though I;d still rather see Johnson taken at that point. Ned definitely gives Yzerman time to draft goalies in later rounds and develop them. 

22 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I mean, if Eklund, Hughes, and McTavish happen to be taken in the top 5 along with Power and Berniers, I'd say taking the goalie would be completely fine. Though I;d still rather see Johnson taken at that point. Ned definitely gives Yzerman time to draft goalies in later rounds and develop them. 

I think I'd like Johnson, Edvinsson, or Clarke at that point. But I guess if that's the way the top five goes, I wouldn't hate Wallstedt at 6. Definitely prefer a center though, if one is available that makes sense at 6.. hopefully it's the last time we're picking in the top ten for a long while. 

5 minutes ago, amato said:

I think I'd like Johnson, Edvinsson, or Clarke at that point. But I guess if that's the way the top five goes, I wouldn't hate Wallstedt at 6. Definitely prefer a center though, if one is available that makes sense at 6.. hopefully it's the last time we're picking in the top ten for a long while. 

I'll take one more year in the bottom 10. Our pipeline is shaping up, but one more top 5ish pick would go a long way in advancing this rebuild...

Ideally we see some more progress again this season, key players take big steps, still finish 24-32, (*win the draft lottery*)... and then turn the corner the following season and push for the playoffs...

59 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

What progress did we witness this season? Simply not being record level bad like the year before?

• Bertuzzi - who knows, injured all year
  • Cholowski - seemingly no development, now he's gone
  • Fabbri was Fabbri
  • Hronek was Hronek
  • Larkin full on regressing in production
  • Zadina continues to underwhelm
  • Mantha full on quit the team
  • Lindstrom is a player
  • Glendening was Glendening
  • All the vets looked like trash

The only progress I can point to is Rasmussen earned a spot on the team, Vrana looked pretty good for 11 games, and Seider looked amazing in a different league. Those are some pretty weak bright spots. This team is showing no forward momentum. Hopefully guys like Led and Ned are going to put on a positive trajectory again.

I would say going from a 45 point pace, to a 70 point pace is pretty significant progress, regardless how record level bad we were the year prior.

Larkin had a down year. Obviously you didn't see improvement in Zadina's game. No surprise there. We have three potential trade pieces in Bertuzzi, Fabbri and Vrana, which would all garner decently high returns. We have a lot of very good prospects coming (Seider, Raymond, Berggren, Johansson, etc.). There's definitely reason for optimism, but like I said, we still need another couple high end prospects to add to that pipeline. One this year, and one next year.

17 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Why do Czech's get the hottest chicks?

Hudler - king dingaling of slaying babes
Tatar - Hot GF
Mrazek - Hot GF
Kindl - Hot GF

Danny Dekeyser - married to some basic *****

I think its european vs american gf thing

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Eklund, McTavish, or Hughes at 6

Lambos, Svechkov, Raty, Lysell, or Stankoven at 23 / 38...

Yeah, those are my three for 6OA. I'll gladly accept anyone, though.

Hell, no one here likes Edvinsson all that much – but the dude could easily end up being the best NHLer this draft produces.

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Hell, no one here likes Edvinsson all that much – but the dude could easily end up being the best NHLer this draft produces.

Absolutely. I'm not down on Edvinsson. I'd be perfectly okay with him at 6, just wouldn't be one of my top picks.

Edvinsson - Seider could be a sexy top pair though...

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

What progress did we witness this season? Simply not being record level bad like the year before?

• Bertuzzi - who knows, injured all year
  • Cholowski - seemingly no development, now he's gone
  • Fabbri was Fabbri
  • Hronek was Hronek
  • Larkin full on regressing in production
  • Zadina continues to underwhelm
  • Mantha full on quit the team
  • Lindstrom is a player
  • Glendening was Glendening
  • All the vets looked like trash

The only progress I can point to is Rasmussen earned a spot on the team, Vrana looked pretty good for 11 games, and Seider looked amazing in a different league. Those are some pretty weak bright spots. This team is showing no forward momentum. Hopefully guys like Led and Ned are going to put on a positive trajectory again.

It sounds like cope, and I've no time for cope – but, yeah, I do think us not being historically bad for a second straight season is progress. Despite an absolute s***-ton of injuries and a s*** roster (even before the injuries), we were reasonably competitive most nights.

Granted, the goaltending had A LOT to do with that.

But here's my thing: If I can say, "Give this team a functional power play and we might be able to sneak into the playoffs," then I'm more or less ok with where we're at. I maintain that our impossibly inept power play is making us look like a bigger clown car act than we actually are.

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I think Bultman said something on a podcast about how the Wings aren't leaking anything per usual... but that folks close to the organization are whispering that the pick is most likely Edvinsson or McTavish.

Edvinsson from what I understand is a low-frills efficient Dman...Very good at just about everything - yet not spectacular at any 1 thing. Might make a perfect shutdown partner for Seider.

McTavish has the upside to become a Giroux (who he apparently has trained with) or O'Reilly.

Unless Eklund is there - I could see either 1 of these guys become a Red Wing.

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

IT'S TIME TO PLAY WHICH LUCKY YOUNG LAD HAS THE HOTTEST MOM

k4qCWuz5F9fjsV_okq-2sLomqqYuzKWsQcn3728r

So many great contestants this year. Will we have another Jesperi Kotka beaver flash? Watch and find out! I wish every participant the best of luck.

Honorary mention to any hot sisters out there as well

5henss.jpg

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Absolutely. I'm not down on Edvinsson. I'd be perfectly okay with him at 6, just wouldn't be one of my top picks.

Edvinsson - Seider could be a sexy top pair though...

Honestly, my only concern with Edvinsson is that he's basically a Seider type. Which sounds like reasonable concern...until you give it about three seconds of actual thought...and start fapping yourself raw over the thought of having a Seider on each of your top-four pairings.

I can very easily envision Edvinsson being there at 6OA and us taking him. He's the definition of an Yzerman defenseman. He shoots left. He's Swedish. He has pro experience. Could be our guy.

44 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Honestly for awhile now, I have been hoping for Hughes or Edvinsson because of our lack of LHD in the system, but since Yzerman said he'll be taking BPA and not per need, it's all fricking up in the air! I really don't know too much about any of these players, so I am not sure who the BPA will be at 6. I am sure it won't be Power or Beniers there, so outside of that, I am good with whomever Yzerman picks, even if it is a G.