• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

7/23 GDT - 2021 Entry Draft

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Must be hard for you to admit that Edvinsson and Cossa are “better” than Eklund and Wallstedt. 

LOL it must be hard for you to grasp such a simple concept of BPA... It's individual team lists, not the "consensus" list... No, I don't think Edvinsson or Cossa will be better than Eklund or Wallstedt. I would have preferred the latter two. But what the f*** do I know?

3 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Do you think we hang on to Leddy?  Or trade bait?

Trade bait at next year's trade deadline. Hopefully we can recoup that 2nd round pick.

Lysell - Pastrnak 2.0...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL it must be hard for you to grasp such a simple concept of BPA... It's individual team lists, not the "consensus" list... No, I don't think Edvinsson or Cossa will be better than Eklund or Wallstedt. I would have preferred the latter two. But what the f*** do I know?

Trade bait at next year's trade deadline. Hopefully we can recoup that 2nd round pick.

Lysell - Pastrnak 2.0...

Oh, so you know better than Steve Yzerman does? Gotcha. Here’s a fun thing for you to wrestle with, Yzerman deliberately passed over the guy you thought was better and instead chose to draft for position (LD). The guy I wanted, Kent Johnson, was off the board before earlier than expected and Steve couldnt pick him. Then he traded up to draft for position AGAIN. 

No matter how you slice it this is a big old loss for you buddy.

Just now, kipwinger said:

Oh, so you know better than Steve Yzerman does? Gotcha. Here’s a fun thing for you to wrestle with, Yzerman deliberately passed over the guy you thought was better and instead chose to draft for position (LD). The guy I wanted, Kent Johnson, was off the board before earlier than expected and Steve couldnt pick him. Then he traded up to draft for position AGAIN. 

Ahhh this is unnecessarily antagonistic...

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I literally said "but what the f*** do I know?"... And from that you take that I think I know better than Steve Yzerman? LOL

So you've seen Yzerman's list, I take it? He obviously had "your guy" ahead of "my guy"...

Who are you to say that he drafted either of those guys based on position? He could have had Edvinsson top 3 on his list, followed by a bunch of wingers. He could have had Cossa top 10 on his list. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Yzerman keeps talking about best player available, but you think for whatever reason, he's drafting based on position, despite his first pick being one of our areas of strength. 

Not at all a "big old loss" for me. I don't love either of the picks, but I completely trust Yzerman knows what he's doing. I would say he's earned that...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I literally said "but what the f*** do I know?"... And from that you take that I think I know better than Steve Yzerman? LOL

So you've seen Yzerman's list, I take it? He obviously had "your guy" ahead of "my guy"...

Who are you to say that he drafted either of those guys based on position? He could have had Edvinsson top 3 on his list, followed by a bunch of wingers. He could have had Cossa top 10 on his list. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Yzerman keeps talking about best player available, but you think for whatever reason, he's drafting based on position, despite his first pick being one of our areas of strength. 

Not at all a "big old loss" for me. I don't love either of the picks, but I completely trust Yzerman knows what he's doing. I would say he's earned that...

Why dont you like these picks?  We got a 6'5" 18 year old dman that plays with his head up and a 6'6" athletic goalie.  You should be fired up.

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Why dont you like these picks?  We got a 6'5" 18 year old dman that plays with his head up and a 6'6" athletic goalie.  You should be fired up.

I would have preferred Eklund and Wallstedt, but definitely don't hate either of the picks. Eklund was my favorite player going into the draft, but I like Edvinsson. I'm not sold on Cossa. Would have liked any of the number of forwards available (some STILL available...). Like I said though, I completely trust Yzerman. 

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

COPE POST:

I'm guessing Team Yzerman feels Eklund is a winger. In which case, he's a tiny playmaking winger. In which case, if you're the Wings, maybe you say, "F*** that, we're solving our D issues for the next 12 years with this pick. Left-handed Seider. Let's go. Get rekt."

I won't lie, I really didn't want another Winger as a top 10 pick.